Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
What happens when you pass away...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'll come back and tell you all about it wooooooooooo
 Jo van
Msg: 7
What happens when you pass away...
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:26:33 PM
I believe that in the past, people held erroneous beliefs, but these have been discredited by science, and new information.
I believe there is much we still don't know:
About "Time", the universe, Gravity, Quantum Physics, "String Theory", "Dark Matter/Energy/Flow", in the past, any phenomena which was inexplicable was attributed to "Supernatural Forces/Deities".
I believe it's fine to say "We just don't know, yet"

I believe that the human mind/Brain is incredible.
-We don't know how it works, yet, but we do know that there are very strong "mind-body" links:
I believe that you can "think" yourself "Ill", and become "Ill" with actual real physical problems.
I believe that you can "think" yourself "well", and cure yourself (see Placebo Effect).
(Medical science, and the Pharmaceutical Industry haven't spent as much researching this effect as I'd like.)

I believe that it may be possible for the human mind to affect things outside of the body too (Does this make me a "nutter"..?) See "The Observer Effect"

I believe the human mind may work on some "Quantum" principles, with simultaneous 'events' being 'orchestrated' throughout the brain, whenever you have a "thought", and that this same simultaneous quantum "unification" type effects may be able to effect particles outside the body, as well as within it.
If you extrapolate, you can easily arrive at the conclusion that "everything is connected" (maybe by what we currently call "Dark Matter..? -Which seems to constitute about 80% of the mass in the Universe)
New technology is giving neurology new insights into the workings of the brain, all the time.

I believe that certain "altered states of consciousness" may be possible, and that the rituals may facilitate that, but that the religious 'iconography' associated with these 'states' are not necessary, they are pure superstition.

I believe that there may turn out to be some "genetic memory" which is somehow transmitted inside the DNA. I base this on the behaviours observable in the "natural world", eg., nest building and breeding "knowledge", migration, synchronisation, and a return to the place where they were conceived. Currently we dismiss an awful lot with the phrase "natural instincts"..
I believe that this may turn out to be the basis for "reincarnation" myths, or "Eternal Life" myths.

I believe that My Dad is "in" me, and that I'm already "in" my sons, even though I'm not dead yet.
I believe we carry the "genetic baton", for our "leg", and then we pass, and the "baton" continues on.

I believe that there is only one "Human Race", but with an enormous amount of genetic variation.
I believe that "belief in difference", (whether that's "Race", "Religions", or "Nationalities") are erroneous, and divisive and "primitive", and that we only perpetuate them, out of a misguided notion of "respect" for the past, and our ancestors.

I believe that most people are inherently "good", and that we all want the same things.
I believe we are unimportant, and insignificant, but that religions pretend otherwise.

I believe in science and knowledge, and exploration, and examination, and investigation.

But most of all, recently, I have developed an optimism, and an unswerving belief in TRUTH,
I believe in "Inevitable Truth", I believe that it's the "quiescent state",
and that all deviations from it, require energy and effort. (See "Religion")
I believe in "energy conservation".

I believe that things are changing, sometimes that's painful for those who cling to the "old beliefs".

I believe there is "hope",
and I believe there is merit in striving for something better.
I believe that that's my 'obligation', to my forbears, and to my descendants.

Is that ok...?
 Norsewind1
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:26:49 PM

once your dead there is no more .. your soul/spirit will die with you... live your life to the full ,. you are not going to get a second chance...

I subscribe to that theory while on this earth live life to the full.......
.. however....
who is it that speaks to mediums, are you saying that mediums are making it up ?
 Jo van
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/15/2012 5:30:27 AM
Msg 25, Stormy!
(Hi Stormy!)

Maybe it's because we are the only living thing on this planet that is aware of our own mortality, that we have to put a comfort blanket in place to soften the blow of death.

I say what ever you believe in, if it brings you comfort and enables you to get through life, that is all that matters.

^^This bit's ok........('ish)

Who are we to judge anyone's faith or belief system?

^^This bit's more 'difficult'...
Where do "we" draw the line..?
Aren't "we" in Afghanistan, because we're "judging" them..?
If their belief leads them to kill people, or to deny females an education, are we "allowed" to judge..?
If women get imprisoned for having been raped..?
If homosexuals are executed, are we allowed to judge..?
If children are being mutilated for "religious beliefs", are we allowed to judge..?

I believe we have an obligation to judge, and to bring truth and rationality to people.
If nobody judges, if everyone "minds their own business", then all sorts of injustices continue, unchanged.
"Help you get through life"...fine.
Whacky, inhumane and illogical practices... not so good....
 armchair_superhero
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:51:20 AM
Nothing happens...and I'm fine with that. I didn't exist for billions of years before I was born - non-existance after my death is exactly the same.

Worrying about an after life has the potential to spoil your current one (and only)
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 9:41:54 AM
tend to look on the body as a shell for the soul, personally believe in re-incarnation, but do not believe in god
 BobHaro
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:33:20 AM
A two dimensional flatlander will never understand or see the pencil that rises up through the sheet. Does this mean that the pencil does not exist. If your eyes are not open you will not see what is in front of you.
Death is just another dimension that we can not yet see.

Bob.
 Jo van
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:08:26 PM
I don't see how, either the notion of 'souls', or reincarnation can work.

In 1800, there were, for the first timeabout 1 billion people, on this planet.
There are now, nearly 7 Billion.
Where did those 'extra souls' come from...?
-Animals...?
If you go back through time, we all evolved from single-celled organisms, and bacteria.
Do bacteria have souls..?
There are now more souls, than there were to begin with.....

I don't think there's anything to fear in death, all of my ancestors managed it, just fine.
I'm fortunate, in that my genes will survive me, in my sons.
But even if I hadn't had children, some of my genes are in my cousins, and their children.

Some animals in nature, sacrifice themselves as food for their offspring.
Plants become fertilizer, for theirs.
All living organisms die, when they've completed their life-cycle, when they've 'served their purpose.
We're really not as 'important', as we like to imagine IMO
More like a fart, in a hurricane.....

When I've gone.... no-one will notice....
 vlad dracul
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:13:18 PM
maybe you come back as another user name????????????????????

who knows the secret eh?

wow like just wow
 Jo van
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:45:32 PM

There are about 100 billion souls going spare for human incarnation at least. Or do you honestly believe that less than 7 billion people have ever existed since the dawn of man?

And how many existed at the "dawn of man"...?
And before that...?

I have no strong points.....
 Jo van
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/17/2012 2:03:39 PM

The same number as there were sentient beings on earth. Obviously.

That's the point, to begin with, there weren't any.

I think the grass appeared, after the bacteria.....?

vlad dracul
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:28:37 PM
foxy

there are new souls old souls and unfortunately on here
lots of ar souls as well

beware Trotters Independant Traders of march.

imagine being haunted by the ar soul?

probably take 45 mins just to go woooooooooooooo
its all the christians fault

i think god and the devil would both cheat at cards so they never
got the ar soul in their domain
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >