Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I think most single moms are so hot.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ontario_woman
Msg: 70
view profile
History
I think most single moms are so hot.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Something is better than nothing

I think that you are missing the point that we are trying to make. Some parents are so destructive to their children and have such little regard for the well-being of their children that ANY contact with them is detrimental to the child. This isn't about an inability to "rise above their issues"; it's about protecting the child.

Fortunately, parents like this are in the minority, but they do exist.

1 good parent can do much better than 2 bad ones

I couldn't agree more.

Now I always have great fun...when the custodial parent talks about the illegal lifestyle of the other parent...and wonder how they are then able to cheat on their income tax...or do other questionable practises when they are so morally indignant when they speak of the ex?

I don't do drugs or cheat on my taxes and I would love to hear what" questionable practices" I am supposedly involved in.
 Tealwood
Msg: 71
I think most single moms are so hot.
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:45:49 PM

I think that you are missing the point that we are trying to make. Some parents are so destructive to their children and have such little regard for the well-being of their children that ANY contact with them is detrimental to the child. This isn't about an inability to "rise above their issues"; it's about protecting the child.

Fortunately, parents like this are in the minority, but they do exist.

sorry...but I do or did understand your point....but then I ask why were you procreating with someone so destructive in the first place if you are going to stand there and suggest you are just there to protect your child?

It always seem funny...or is sad...that prior to the children the person was able to be with the person....sleep with the person who is supposed has so dastardly personality traits...

I will agree people change...but in reality they also still resemble the person who they were when you first met them....
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:01:16 PM

bingo.

as for the cheat on taxes and questionable practices, Im not sure which single parent you are refering to, but, thats not me..lol. Nor am I blocking access.

IMO, whether the NCP is out of the picture completely, or in and out, the end result still hurts the child, therefore, making it still a negative impact on said child.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:04:18 PM

why were you procreating with someone so destructive in the first place if you are going to stand there and suggest you are just there to protect your child?

i can answer that, for my situation...

my ex husband hit the drugs and alcohol when we lost 2 babies prematurely and died in our arms. i got help by going to bereavement classes at the hospital, he hit the bong and bottle.

he was a Marine when we met...

not all druggies and alchies were always this way when we "procreated", by the way, I dont like that term, we were married and in love, and created a beautiful human being otu of love :)
 ontario_woman
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 6:04:26 PM
why were you procreating with someone so destructive

*sigh* Hindsight is always 20/20.

People change; not always for the better. Many of them also keep their true natures hidden for a long time.

In my case, due to some of the men I was exposed to as a child, I did not recognize the danger signs until it was too late. I did not want my daughter to make the same mistake I made. I wanted her to recognize the danger signals so the cycle could stop. I learned from my mistake, but I don't see why I should have to sacrifice my daughter to someone who will destroy her because of a choice I made when I was 19. Seeing how my daughter has blossomed since I left my ex has left with me with no doubt that I made the correct descision.

Things happen. We all made mistakes. You are no different. We can't go back in time and undo things although I would never undo my daughter. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I just wish I could have provided a better father for her.

We learn from our mistakes, make the most of whatever hand we find ourselves with and move on with life.

I am going to drop out of this act of defending the decisions I made to protect my daughter. It's dredging up painful memories from my past that are very upsetting to me. I worked hard to get my daughter and I out of that situation and I don't want to relive it for the entertainment of another poster who does not want to understand or empathize with my position.
 letitbemeforever
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/9/2012 2:34:23 PM
Awwww, this thread makes me feel better about myself :) Thank you!!!!!!!
 XCalmChaosX
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:33:52 PM
[No doubt about it. Single mom's got it goin on. At any age. You know they can love. You know know they're emotionally available. For guys like me (almost a mom) , we've got plenty to talk about. The only woman hotter than a single mom is the single mother of a special needs kid.]

I'm a single mom and have a special needs little boy and your statement made me smile :) Thank you for that. Their dad passed away so it's nice to hear that someone feels that way :)
 gothicgirl86
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/14/2012 8:45:56 PM
@Italiangirl - Every time I read one of your posts it straight out annoys me. I'm a hard working single mother of four beautiful children and I'm in no way desperate for any man to be in my life. IF a man tries to run over me, he gets put out the door. I don't have to settle for less than the best and if a man can't handle me having children, they can move on. It's rare to a man accept single women; I think it's great.
 Abercrombiecam
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:28:43 PM
Most single women over 25 are single moms. But yes, they are hot and for the most part a little more ambitious.
 Tealwood
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/1/2014 4:53:58 PM

Posted by: LynWhos4U...... But there are times we Single moms need a break

Are we talking single moms in shared custody or those that have the kids all the time? There is no doubt that single moms have it tough sometimes, but so do single dads.

Need a break from what? Doing what is your responsibility? It is not that difficult a job or that tough. In fact far tougher would be some non custodial parents who only get to see their children a few times a month or just on holidays if the children live far from them.

and it's crucial to have an agreement from the onset as to what your duty and role will be

Say’s who?
 Tealwood
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/1/2014 7:28:55 PM

Posted By: Tealwood.....Say’s who?

Says the law...before you shack up with someone with kids, it will be in your own interest if you don't plan to be a potential CS payor to have this in place.....yes you might not think the person will come after ya, but people change and get nasty

http://www.zeidmanlaw.com/child-support/

Am guessing you are not familiar with this then? I am no lawyer but educated myself on this

It's called being found to have acted in place of a parent...in loco parentis

Well unlike yourself who has on his profile a masters degree....or does not want to date any woman who does not have at least as a minimum a 4 yr degree.....I am but a high school dropout....who did read a little bit before I separated and after I separated where I paid my ex a lump sum spousal support payment....not periodic payments which is the standard requirement for being able to deduct on income tax...but I found a tax ruling....and you cannot sign away your obligation or your financial responsibilities in respect to child support no matter what type of prior agreement you might have....child support is the right of the child and cannot be signed away by a parent.

As a custodial father for many years with no agreement which is not uncommon for many custodial fathers as this was allowed as I did not and was counselled against asking for an agreement and child support order as to do so would probably allow my ex to win a custody conflict.

• how many years the parties have lived together
• how old the child was when the parties started living together
• what level of contact the child has with his or her biological non-custodial parent
• whether the child referred to you as his or her parent
• what level of participation you had in raising the child

I am well aware of some of the issues and problems with loco parentis and prefer to read the actual case law in the various Provinces as to read what a lawyer might write on their web site. You do know it is available for reading?

As to the length of time it has been as short a period as 1yr in Canada I believe. The age of the child has little bearing....as I fail to see how if they are 4 or if they are 14 has little difference?....you should do a little research on double dipping....

An order for child support may be made either under the Family Law Act or the Divorce Act.
[26] Pursuant to the Divorce Act, s. 15 a court may make an order requiring one spouse to pay support for any or all “children of the marriage”. The relevant definition, contained in s. 2(1) of the Act reads as follows:
[27] The Family Law Act provides, in s. 31 that “[e]very parent has an obligation to provide support, in accordance with need, for his or her unmarried child who is a minor or is enrolled in a full time program of education, to the extent that the parent is capable of doing so.” “Child” is defined in s. 1(1) as follows:
“child” includes a person whom a parent has demonstrated a settled intention to treat as a child of his or her family, except under an arrangement where the child is placed for valuable consideration in a foster home by a person having lawful custody;

“parent” includes a person who has demonstrated a settled intention to treat a child as a child of his or her family, except under an arrangement where the child is placed for valuable consideration in a foster home by a person having lawful custody;

So child support can and has been required of non biological children even if the biological parent is already paying the tabled amount....and can go past age 18 until the end of first degree post secondary school...full time....But if the biological father is paying the tabled amount you can ask for a lowered amount as a step parent as opposed to paying the full tabled amount.(( Or you ask the judge to require the mother to acquire a judgement first against the biological father before a judgement is requested of the step parent.))
 cooldog65
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2014 8:19:19 AM

Now that I have stopped laughing, I would say very few are even remotely hot. Not interested.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I think most single moms are so hot.