Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mamasboy069
Msg: 84
Make me one of your Favorites but never send me an email.Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
message 89.....One messaged me. Nice enough guy but we didn't appear compatible from his profile.

Deb ferget bout the useless profiles an pics get off ur can an go have a beer with em shoot som pool c em in person,,some folks no matter how hard they try cant write a good profile an u wud b surprised at the ppl who Dont take a good pic they look fine in person,,,meetem an get a real look at em geeeees.
 N2H20
Msg: 86
Make me one of your Favorites but never send me an email.
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:38:38 PM
After adding a woman to the "list" then sending a message, or vice-versa, why does the woman who does not respond keep herself on my list? One would think she would prefer to not be on the list anymore.

My guess is maybe *maybe* she is in some small way interested. To be fair, I do give those I contact about a week to respond. If she does not respond then I clear my message to her and remove her from my list. After all, why waste anymore of my time on her?
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/14/2013 4:24:43 PM
I just delete them from now on....although one persistent 'picture-less' profile continues to keep 'bookmarking' me
 mamasboy069
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/14/2013 5:25:53 PM
thar all married ,shackedup,goofie,er gay here.....aint no real single ones here get use to it,jus sit around an piss an moan like the rest of us here hahaahah............headin to the beer joint at least there real there.its still the best singles site around.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hows that hope an change workin 4 u>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 Qthekeeper
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 1:37:41 AM
I'm not usually one to post replies on forums. But, I had to toss in my two pennies here...

It amazes me that some women will basically take offense to someone clicking 'add to favorite'. Take a moment to comprehend what that means. FAVORITE. Take it as a compliment. Something about you is interesting to someone else. It's a compliment. Don't take it as a negative.
As has already been said.. many use it as a bookmark.. many use it to find someone they're interested in quickly due to a picture, common interest(s), fish requirements, etc.

Also, it's easy for some of you women to sit back and say how easy it is to "send a quick note". Many say "no one-liners, be original, etc." So, creating personalized message over and over again as your "ice breaker" can take a lot of time. As others have said, taxing. And, after these lengthy, personal messages have been sent... do the recipients respond? Do they even read them? As someone else pointed out, are the messages even sent? Many guys probably lose hope after being ignored repeatedly.

And, for those of you who sit back and call others spinless for not creating your exact requirements of an ice breaker... whether it be click favorite.. a quick hello note... or a lengthy personalized message... is it any wonder why you're searching?
Try having an open mind. Try seeing the best in others before you decide you're in a position to judge them. Let's face it, if a guy fav's you, send a short note, or a long message... YOU have the power to block/ignore them. The interested party is just trying to break the ice. We're all vastly different and have different approaches. An open mind will take you much further than a judgemental one.
 mamasboy069
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:42:12 PM

Well thar ya go......now dats puttin da cheese on da cracker .
a favorite is jus a book mark 4 me,it gives me a chance to think iffen i really wanna b stuck with u thru a dinner hahaaha,dat i gotta pay 4 an listen to ur nonsense.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hows that hope an change workin out 4 u>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 Hard_B
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 5:01:38 PM
I'm in agreement to most of the reason for adding women to favorites here. Especially QtheKeeper's response. that was right on point. It's more or less a bookmark. I browse the different profiles and try to read them all, but I don't always have time to do that at one sitting so I saved them so I can go back and see what they're about. In a way, it's actually a first stage filter. I actually remove them from the favorites list if I send a message. It's not necessarily that I don't like them anymore, it's so I can keep track of who I tried to contact already. For those that respond, I chat with to guage their personality, which is a second stage filter, and then if things click I ask for a phone number. Of course the phone conversation and possible date after can be consider filters too, but I try not to set up too many boundaries between myself and a potential interest.
 Hard_B
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:21:33 PM
Oh, by the way. I know I've been off and on POF since I joined, but right now I haven't been added to ANYBODY's favorite list. Yet, I have had several conversations and/or plans to meet up since I've been on POF. I don't know if you should take the "favorites" listing all that seriously.
 mike215215
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:47:04 AM
Qthekeeper post 106

Take it as a compliment. Something about you is interesting to someone else. It's a compliment. Don't take it as a negative.

lots of women take offense at a man "looking" at them, when they are NOT interested in him. and in their mind go" euuuhh".... it is akin to a straight man being looked up and down bya a gay man.... the str8 man would go "euuuuw" as well!
But if a woman is interested, she will smile! Simple

Many say "no one-liners, be original, etc."

it's SCREAMING: "you need to impress me", cuz I am worth MORE than you!, cuz I am "WORTH it" .... I am a QUEEN, a DIVA.... I say..... NEXT!

N2H20 post 103

why does the woman who does not respond keep herself on my list?

because one cannot erase themselves from someone else's list! I Asked POF why it is so: "sorry, it is not a feature that is offered at this time".... (maybe for the free account) No let me ask the "upgraded accounts": can one erase him/herself from someone else favorite's list? I'm curious.... cuz sometimes, I would love to delete some of the "beefalos" (buffalo) out of "looks who faved you" list.... sorry just had a gag reflex... same gag reflex, as when I get looked up and down... by another man! lolo
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/17/2013 1:08:02 PM
RE: ^ - Are you certain? On the list of people's profiles who favorited/bookmarked me, I see a "remove" link at the extreme right. I have a non-paid account, but maybe because I've been here for a while, I have something grandfathered?
 mike215215
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/19/2013 4:55:38 AM

I see a "remove" link at the extreme right

my bad... I just realized I meant the "user who wants to meet me" list... that one you cannot erase any unwanted individual from it.

I see the people who faved me list, and see the delete button, same goes for the ones I faved list! Where you can delete any one!

I stand (on guard) corrected!
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/19/2013 5:47:56 PM
OK. you are correct that the "meet me" list doesn't have a delete (or refusal) function.
Therefore, there's one less way to get rejected on this site! ;-)
 Onbendedknee1
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:25:52 PM
I use favorites to haul the ones I might like to deal with in the boat its like a tackle box on pof rather than search through again
Show ALL Forums  > California  >