Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mateo45
Msg: 2
view profile
History
LovePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If there's such a thing as reincarnation, then yeah, there are probably folks from "past lives" that we have "karma" and connections with, and "unfinished business" that we may still need to work out. But as far as "soul-mates" in the sense there's only "one" person intended for each of us, I'm not so sure.

We all have stuff to learn thru our relationships. Some folks learn it thru one person, while others may require several different ones.
 NoxKreiker
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:26:53 AM
Unless an individual possesses hundreds of soul mates, the likelihood of the entire scenario is, frankly, ridiculous to the point of lunacy. It's even almost comical, to be honest.
 mateo45
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/23/2012 4:07:03 PM
I would agree with a lot of what Fromm says, including his skepticism of "exclusive love", which he calls "égoïsme à deux" ("Love is a selfishness of two"). He basically felt you had to be able to love your neighbor and your fellow man first. Though in fairness, Fromm was also a very "utopian" and "age of Aquarius" kinda guy, who joined the American version of the communist party back in the 50's! And BTW, sometimes there are a lot of very good reasons to not wanna "love" your neighbor!
 mateo45
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:23:25 PM
Well, to quote that other great "sage", the inimitable "Dr. Phil"...."so how's that been workin' for 'ya?"
 mateo45
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/24/2012 11:20:54 PM
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation..." -Erich Fromm

"Adapt yourself to the life you have been given; and truly love the people with whom destiny has surrounded you." - Marcus Aurelius
 meksikali
Msg: 9
Love
Posted: 1/25/2012 11:56:47 AM
16 posts on this topic. And all from guys.
I see pofer women have nothing to say about love.
But the topics about sex and money are full of female posts. most are complains about guys but still proves what's in their minds....
Plenty of bs
 mateo45
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:40:57 PM
Wow, interesting observation!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 11
Love
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:57:03 PM
The night I met my late wife I had a date with another woman who stood me up. I went to my favorite Saturday night handout and a little while later my 'date' walked in. She saw me but didn't even acknowledge I was there. Well I knew where I stood with her. Later that evening my future wife walked in with a group of friends. We drank, danced, and talked all night. Was it 'fate' or 'destiny' that put me there at that time by myself? I don't know the real answer and probably never will.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 12
Love
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:58:23 PM
Hangout, sometimes spell-check and auto correct is.......
 meksikali
Msg: 13
Love
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:47:08 AM
It's okay. Your mouths are cuter when they are shut lol
 mateo45
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:53:20 AM

...they don't have any "complaints" about love, but they do about money and sex.

Probably because they figure all three are basically the same thing..!
 meksikali
Msg: 16
Love
Posted: 1/27/2012 10:40:52 AM

A smart man knows a woman's mouth does more than just talk.

we know there are man eaters
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 17
Love
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:15:09 AM
Love has to be a creation. If soul mates were predertimined it would explain reincarnation. All the stubborn people who fought their own fate and called it quits before its time have to keep coming back for do overs!
 mateo45
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:51:54 AM

...in my case iv'e had the worst of luck. it's been like this for a very long time. then again, im the type of person that believes in black and white and i hate sugar coating things. that might be my downfall. i don't know. im just always wondering when will i meet that special person.

Understood, and no offense, but do you think that profile pic featuring you being kissed by some gal, might have anything to do with it...?
 Wonder5750
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Love
Posted: 11/22/2012 9:40:33 PM
Love is a connection... its chemical and emotional (which some folks say is a type of energy). I think fate plays a big part in it all, and being here looking is a type of fate.
It doesnt have to be that stranger that sits next to you on the bus, or that glimpse you see across a crowded room. It could be someone you see every day, but never thought about them "that way" till one day you get a clear feeling to ask them to coffee, or you kindly hand them something they dropped.
I also think some have an easier time loving, some hearts are more open than others.
Love out there, all around you. Being willing to love without knowing you will be loved back takes great courage. Love is magic.
Yes I am a dreamer, and I am in love. Sometimes the magic fades, sometimes it grows, but as long as both people are putting energy into it, it lives.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >