Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seabass15
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What are your plans when the Olympics come to London this summer?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I will do what I normally do and that's to watch the goggle box.
I have seen the prices of attending just one event, sorry can't afford it.
It's the best way to watch any sporting event, Sod getting stuck in the crowds.
I once went to a motor cycle Grand Prix, never again, on TV you see the best of the action.
What are your plans when the Olympics come to London this summer?
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:05:24 AM
The ideal thing is two weeks in Tenerefe missing the whole lot of it. Am I not the only one whom is fed up to the teeth of it, the VIP lanes, the cut train services, the whole expense and inconvenience of it let alone the cost. I am fed up having the to wade through pages of it in the newspaper; fed up with whats going to happen to the olympic stadium afterwards and that it has to be kept for athletics knowing how we treasured Crystal Palace so much that is left in such a terrible state or that we will for ever have to subsidise here after. I am fed up that some of the arenas and buildings are going to be knocked down again after ( what a waste) or left as pink elephants similar to what the millenium dome was for years before some one had the bright idea to turn it into a music venue. I am fed up at the mess they did of the ticket allocation and auctions and all the reserved free tickets for so called dignitaries and hanger-on's and big companies.

The Olympics? No thanks - I will give it a miss thanks!
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 1:57:58 AM
I'll be avoiding everything and anything to do with the Olympics. I don't even know when they are on exactly. Luckily I don't have any need to go into London and rarely use buses/tubes/trains.

I'll plan NOT to visit family in Scotland as I fly from Heathrow and am sure it will be busier than normal and no doubt flight and taxi prices will rise.

I do feel sympathy for people who have not choice but travel through what will no doubt be chaos so they can get to work and hope bosses will be sympathetic to people arriving late etc
 ~Hams~
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:21:58 PM
I'm going to be paying very close attention to the womens beach volleyball.
(I also quite enjoy watching the table tennis and boxing!)
 stonecastle
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:38:17 AM
I am pissed off that the Olympics will be costing the tax payer over ten billion pounds. I bet we will get back less than one billion pounds in profits from the games. So in my opinion it is a total waste of money.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 8:07:04 AM
I will avoid london at all costs, sit back and enjoy the show on TV.

Especially the womens, hurdles, and field events. its cameltoe heaven... right lads?
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 8:50:13 AM

I have to admit Plymouth that I watch replay after replay of some of the men's sprinting events for a similar reason!

Ooooh and the triple jump, because I adore Philips Odowu .

Well a perversion shared is double the fun, nothing wrong with looking at a bit of eye candy.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >