Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another Guy Bites the Love Dust…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fire_mistress
Msg: 20
Another Guy Bites the Love Dust…Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Does anyone else feel like throwing up?

*raises hand*

This part made me gol (guffaw out loud):

Especially, be careful of your own words and how you get attached to them;

I mean, dude clearly loves the sound of his own voice.
And when I read this...

So, my lesson here is to be careful with your emotions out there, especially if you’re a hopelessly romantic and sensitive fool like me.

I thought *WHAT?!? YOU?! A hopelessly romantic and sensitive fool?! No! I don't believe it! I WON'T believe it!*

I *especially* enjoy that this love affair of the century took place in the span of about 2 weeks. I think I'll pass on your relationship advice, thanks anyway!
 RedElectric
Msg: 21
Another Guy Bites the Love Dust…
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:21:05 PM
So glad I found this out when I was 16. People are imaginary, pretend, fake online until you meet them in real life.
 Gertrude13
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:39:01 PM
^^^^^^^

YESSSS!

And some of them are fake even after you meet face-to-face. Just sayin'

It's unwise to get too caught up in any online-started relationship for quite some time. The more time spent emailing/chatting/etc, the more inaccuracies to dispel once the pedal hits the metal, as it were...
 DanceWithMe2012
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:42:02 PM
To the "all others" you were waning ;)

Easy come- Easy go. JUST like a movie (fantasy)- over and done with in 2 hours or less.

Two people enjoyed a fantasy that happened to have to different endings. Hers was shorter. Enjoy the sweet memory and beware of saying "I love you" when in the lust stage of a relationship.
 sparrowtw
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 10:10:16 PM
I think people get on this site thinking that they are going to meet someone special as it is sometimes hard to meet members in a small rural town expecially when you aren't very young. When you date a few males on here only once and things don't seem to lead to a second date because the guy is either a player or has so much baggage it is hard to make rapport or for whatever reason that leads to higher expectations for the next date. Not saying you can't meet someone super on here but it does seem there are some on here for the wrong reason. Maybe it is for entertainment reasons or being extremely picky about dates. For whatever reason, it seems like the same older men are still on here and have been for a long time. That I can't understand as I must then question the seriousness of these men.
 rec_diver
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/13/2012 7:29:49 PM
Jimbonator62: That's the most pathetic story I've ever read.

You want more pathetic? Someone else posted a link to a marriage and divorce forum, specifically the infidelity subforum. I started reading over there and the word "pathetic" is an understatement.

Each story is even worse than the last, the general theme being 'they cheated on me, I feel like my life is over, they don't love me, what can I do to get them back'. It's almost sickening what these betrayed losers will do in order to avoid losing the cheating scumbag who they had the misfortune of marrying.

It's like they can't imagine life without having this piece of crap in their lives and they'll put up with almost anything, including being treated as a distant second best to a cheating spouse.. they literally sit there and post away while their wife or husband is out with their lover. I've never seen anything like it.

Warning if you create an account don't call any of these losers, well "losers". The moderators don't like it and I lasted less than two hours before getting banned, now I post using a proxy IP and I've toned it down quite a bit. You have to be nice to the posters over there even though they leave you shaking your head give them useful advice to cope with a cheating spouse rather than tell them to get real and get a life.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/sex-marriage/39788-wife-wants-experiment-sexually-i-said-yes.html
 luv2lol
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:09:32 PM
Yep, it's happened to me twice since I've been on here and it happens all the time for many people. I loved who they presented themselves to be both online and in person but in the end it turns out they weren't that person at all because the disappearing act was exactly who they said they weren't. Ha. People often have little insight to who they really are and unfortunately they leave broken hearts along the way. To those of us who are kind, honest and respectful in relationships, regardless of length and intensity for us, the behaviour can be difficult to understand...but that's their issues, not ours.

Misunderstandings, or even out right mistakes, about a bill can be annoying but shouldn't be a deal breaker without at least having a mature discussion about it. She had a right to change her mind, even for petty things, but she had a responsibility to engage you and end it in a proper way. If people can't handle the closing of a relationship (no matter how brief) then they shouldn't be out there trying to start one. Just my opinion.

You can either let it change who you are...and perhaps miss meeting someone who is open and ready for a great whirlwind the next time...or you can accept that you tried and it just didn't work with that one. Putting up walls will save you from the hurt but you might miss that right one who was looking for the same thing and thinks you're riding the fence.

I accept my romantic side...I of course question it when it gets hurt...but in the end it's served me well in other relationships in life, it is who I am and why my friends and family love me and I won't let someone who doesn't treat others with respect and compassion change that. They will get what they deserve...and they sure don't deserve wonderful me. I will just keep searching and hurting until I find the one that doesn't hurt me
 babiebird
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/7/2014 5:07:35 AM
{Another guy bites the dust complaining}
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/7/2014 10:22:05 AM
It was fantasy. Online dating excels at this. Enough time to build up all this super excitement and false intimacy, then, when reality hits..not matter what it might be (in this case a tab?) BOOM! No more fantasy! Uh oh. Now what. Illusions shattered, and all your "history" together negated.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/12/2014 3:06:13 PM
Pesco- Well the ops gone, but this one took me back, to when I was 16 and dumb as a brick, lord have mercy!
I swear, Careless whispers is going to be playing in my head the next few hours ;)
If someone I haven't even met yet tells me they love me (had it happen), I run like my hair is on fire and my back is catching. :D :D
 Orlando Native
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/27/2014 6:19:49 PM
Money? What happened? I think you left out critical details. Did you ask her to pick up the tab or were you merely displaying your frugality. For instance for women the hints that a man is cheap are comments like..."Are you sure you want a dinner & not an appetizer?" Will you pick up this tab, since I picked up the last?" or how about: "I didn't get to the bank today & left my credit cards at home". or just straight out asking you "Do you have cash on you?"

During the courtship phase, I think a man needs to pull out all the stops. I've never been asked to pay for a meal when I'm dating someone. If there is more of a platonic friendship that's one thing but a man who lets money get in the way of seduction is a big fool. If a woman is making a ton of money and she's comfortable with paying occasionally, that's fine as long as there is an understanding. Money definitely can be a deal breaker and if you revealed your cheap side, hooray for the girl for discovering it early.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another Guy Bites the Love Dust…