Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If your GF / BF mother is younger than you, does it make you uncomfor      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 27
If your GF / BF mother is younger than you, does it make you uncomfortable?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
cosmicgem1, you are a hoot, I have known people that have never lied, which makes them 100% honest.

But I think as soon those babies learn to talk, that will change.
 DragonBits
Msg: 28
If your GF / BF mother is younger than you, does it make you uncomfortable?
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:09:48 AM
Are young perverts better or just less experienced?

She is 37, why does your mind leap to 12 year olds? Now that is a true pervert.

I have aways been a one women man, if I wanted a triad I would look for it in different places, and I am not sure how stable those relationships are.

20 years from now I will be lucky to be alive.
 DragonBits
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/23/2012 10:01:24 AM
Thanks for explainen capn, I couldn't have gotten that from the text. I like to joke about things also, many people take it seriously.

At your age I mostly dated older women. Really, I never judged people much, I admit Hugh H and Crystal Harris 85/25 looks wrong, but Hefner embraced his inner scumbag long ago. Honsetly, it looks to me like one big publicity stunt for his mag. But why shouldn't he enjoy what he's worked hard to get?

It only feels a little weird talking to her parents, but other than that, it seems quite natural to both of us. Of course I realize that the USA worships youth, so there is push back in a forum sort of venue. It's amusing in many ways.

As for me kicking in 20 years, no, I think she would have been far better off having lived with me for 20 years. She should still be able to find someone if she wants to. If I were to kick in 3 years, then I would worry, she would be emotionally devastated.

I think it not too fair to marry someone that is 20, I might worry about younger men flocking around at age 25 if we lived in the USA. If I lived 2o or 30 years, she would be would be 40 when her sex drive peaks, sex is no problem for me now, but at 80 I will be very lucky to go 4 rounds a week.

At 80 it's probably better to be married or if single and healthy, just casually date or even more likely, pay for it in one way or another.

Some guys say you always pay, but IMO that's stupid, of course someone has to pay if we want to enjoy travel and entertainment.
 DragonBits
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/23/2012 10:17:03 AM
blondedevil, how right you are, all the women tell me "you handsum man, love u long time".

let me guess...he looks VERY young for his age, even w/o makeup

Do you think a lot of guys do makeup for their pics, never thought of that. 80% of the pics here look like no one owns a tripod and camera.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:05:26 PM

I had been thinking of moving to a foreign country, and was interviewing potential GFs when I met her.

"Interviewing " potential girlfriends? So, being your girlfriend is a job?

gwendolyn, If I were obese or if I am thin, does it make a difference to your assessment?

When MANY men in these forums seek a wife from other countries, they are usually old, fat and/or and lacking in the looks department. They can't seem to find a woman in the States who please them: we are too old, too fat, too uppity, too independent--you name it. However, it sometimes boils down to they are just not palatable.

So yeah, if you are obese and seeking a young wife in a foreign country, it puts a certain spin on your tale.

When you say that 28 is a better age to have a child, you are overlooking the bigger picture--I know you said that your intended is the one who wants a child, but so do you. If you are looking for a brood mare instead of a companion for life, you should seek out the 28 year old. If she wants to have children and a father who is more likely to live to see the kid graduated from college, then she should pick a younger man.

You might not care about age, but age cares about you--and yet, you DO care about age or you wouldn't be fretting about her age and childbearing ability.
 DragonBits
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:26:47 PM
gwendolyn, I love your hair, very sexy.

Since you talk about men not getting your sense of humor, strange you don't get my sense of humor about the "interviewing" thing. I really did use the phase after I got on a chat line to talk, women were amused. Don't you think dating is a little like going on an interview? You create a resume, some call it an AD, you dress up to impress on your first meet, people put their best foot foward. Hmm, wonder what makes for a good final interview, I will have to ponder that, you seem bright, any suggestions?

If you are looking for a brood mare instead of a companion for life, you should seek out the 28 year old. If she wants to have children and a father who is more likely to live to see the kid graduated from college, then she should pick a younger man.

"Brood mare" I would make a bet you were never a mother? And why is it one or the other, companion for life or brood mare, what is lurking in your soul to be so negative about mothers?

I was only saying that when a women passes 35 and wants children, they don't want to wait. I would rather wait, and not having children at all is fine with me, but they are a joy when they are yours. What can I say, she talked me into it.

I can't just kick one women to the curb that I love to go get another, relationships aren't like buying a new smartphone, maybe I can get a few better features? What kind of man would do that?

I read all the time about USA women being not very feminine, not family oriented, and fat. The fat part is easy to see, but many of the men are fat also. Feminine harder to define. Brood mare would seem to be a less than flattering term for motherhood, that family thing.

I have not enountered the negativity thing so much myself, but so many talk about it there must be some fire under all that smoke.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:54:58 PM

gwendolyn, I love your hair, very sexy.

Thanks. :)

strange you don't get my sense of humor about the "interviewing" thing.

The problem with writing is that it is difficult (often impossible) to tell if a person is being intentionally humorous or is unintentionally (Freudian slip) giving a clue as to how he/she views a certain aspect.

"Brood mare" I would make a bet you were never a mother? And why is it one or the other, companion for life or brood mare, what is lurking in your soul to be so negative about mothers?

My apologies for using that term--it is harsh.

Actually, I have two sons and am a grandmother; I am not negative about motherhood. My comment stems from your comments about your fiancee's age not being optimum for motherhood and someone who is 28 would be better. If her prime motive is finding a husband to father and take care of her child, something is lacking. If you are seeking a wife so that you can have a child, something is lacking. Yes, I know that having a child is not only a biological imperative but a visible symbol of a couple's love, but to marry ONLY to have children is not a good reason to marry.

And while I also realize that you are marrying for love (I think), the issue of age and childbearing have come up a couple of times. You are around my age--are you feeling the pressure of aged sperm and wondering how much longer it will be viable for you to have a child? Yes, I also see that you would prefer to wait, but I cannot imagine being 60 and wanting a baby.

What can I say, she talked me into it.

No offense, but if that is why you plan on having a child, it is a foolish reason.

In these forums, I have read posts of other aging men who seek foreign wives because they want children: this is backwards! Yes, they also want love and companionship, but they make it clear that they do not women their ages because of the child issue.

Feminine harder to define.

Are you equating femininity with motherhood?

I have not enountered the negativity thing so much myself, but so many talk about it there must be some fire under all that smoke.

Do you mean the accusations against American women? I have encountered it only online, and the men who are bitter have invariably been burned by women or rejected by women. Strong women seem to intimidate them--my opinion, of course.
 DragonBits
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:16:14 AM
capn
Really? Explain that. Here in Quebec we mostly despise our youths (bunch of lazy azz smartphone texting drunk-driving scumbags seems a common opinion lol)

Not sure what's to explain, the USA and canada are different, I looked at the profiles for canadian women, on average I would rather date them. Not that there aren't attractive USA profiles, just saying the averages. I used to work for a year for a very small company that was headquartered in Ottawa, thought it would be a great city to move to.

but at 80 I will be very lucky to go 4 rounds a week.

I'll be lucky to do it at 58 lol. But moving on....

My mom still goes 1 round a week during the summer, but she uses a golf cart, in a way that is cheating. I can tell you currently about how rounds I can make on a good day Vs a rained out day, but hard to predict the future.

Besides, it's how well you play the game that really counts, isn't it? Some guys are very crude players and hack the ball all around after their big power drive swing went astray.

See, call me selfish, but this I dont agree with. I'd much rather spend my last remaining years with someone I am close with everyday, than spend it by myself, and die alone eventually, casually dating people who might or might not be around my death bed. I dunno. But then again I come from a family where everyone has been married over 20 years and only one person in my huge family ever divorced (and she died of cancer a few years after) so all of this seems pretty weird for me.

I said #1 I would rather be married, so first choice I would agree with you.

But second on the list was single and healthy, how I got that way, likely my wife died, maybe we divorced, but like you, my parents were married for 54 years until my dad died in 2002. So LTR is the only type I grew up with. I would still rather enjoy life by being around women I found sexy rather that sitting on a porch chatting with who? Not sure, did I have children? My brothers? Old friends?

No said anything about death beds, but beats me, I would hope the women would mourn the loss of their benefactor and see if I left them anything in a will. At 80 my winning smile won't carry me far.

My cousin was divorced, some nieces are wild, but they aren't blood if that matters. Divorce isn't popular in my family either, though my 1 brother would be better off if he had the guts to kick his wife to the curb.

Weird, it's a weird world, we aren't even on the edges of the bell curve.
 DragonBits
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/24/2012 9:03:48 AM
gwendolyn, fwiw, my current BMI is 25.5 with a 32 inch waist, working to get it down to 23.5, the GF is 24 BMI.

Maybe humor should always have a smiley face when online.

Also loved your lady godiva pic, nice pose, very coy.

If you are seeking a wife so that you can have a child, something is lacking. Yes, I know that having a child is not only a biological imperative but a visible symbol of a couple's love, but to marry ONLY to have children is not a good reason to marry.

I was really just looking to get laid, have female company while traveling and setting up several dates ahead of time, finding someone that I would wanted to marry was far from any thoughts of mine. But that was my second trip. I don't like getting married, it's a lot of trouble, I have resisted it most of my life.

Actually I first went to Japan, Thailand and Bali in late 2009 with a women from the USA who is 37 and a platonic friend of mine. She goes often, I needed a vacation, she was going for 6 weeks, said I should go with her, she would enjoy the company, she has a business over there, and had a complete itinerary planned including a trip to a small farming village where she gets some work done. I was tied between that trip and going on the back of a motorcycle driven by my neighbor who goes down to Kentucky to visit his family and 4 wheel up in the Appalachian hills area. Kind of deliverance redux, but with a native. My decision to go to Asia was chance because the timing worked out better.

And while I also realize that you are marrying for love (I think), the issue of age and childbearing have come up a couple of times. You are around my age--are you feeling the pressure of aged sperm and wondering how much longer it will be viable for you to have a child?

The whole idea of having a baby was a new one, I never considered it, the subject only became real a year ago.

In these forums, I have read posts of other aging men who seek foreign wives because they want children: this is backwards! Yes, they also want love and companionship, but they make it clear that they do not women their ages because of the child issue.

Since I have spent a fair amount of time in Thailand, I am probably a bigger expert than you on the fat expat looking for love / sex. LOS is kind of the mecca for this type. Though I didn't live in the tourist areas, where they all hang out.

I don't know what guys here say, I read a little, but I didn't think the baby issue was so big.

I only know about those I have met in person, met on forums located in other countries or skyped with.

It's such a mixed bag it's hard to generalize, and some of the worst sex tourists are the trim 20-30 year old British louts. Many brits and Australians, Europeans in Thailand, not too many USA. USA men tend to head to the Philippines, 80% of the population there are Catholic and speak English.

For sure, there are a lot of weird farangs living / visiting in Thailand, along with retirees, mongers and family men.

My cousin married a lady from the Philippines, it's a good marriage. He met her through the Catholic Church.

Feminine harder to define.

Are you equating femininity with motherhood?

No, not at all.

A complaint I have often seen is that American women have lost their femininity. But that is a debate that is entirely too time consuming. IE: Submissive Vs Strong, Strong Vs Bully, Abused Vs Abuser, Cheating Vs Cheated on, etc, etc, etc, the crap never ends.

Do you mean the accusations against American women? I have encountered it only online, and the men who are bitter have invariably been burned by women or rejected by women. Strong women seem to intimidate them--my opinion, of course.

It's a pretty much a continuous complaint. The more bitter / b*tchy someone is, the more I suspect they were the biggest part of a break down in a relationship. Male or female.

I believe in equality of the sexes, so I think there are just as many obnoxious manipulative overbearing women who are bullies as there are men who are the same. Likely both of that group are always on the prowl for a new partner, so you see both types more often on a dating site than in the general population.

These forums take way too much time, I will still be posting, but maybe not as often.

ciao
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:01:35 PM

Also loved your lady godiva pic, nice pose, very coy.

Gwen is not coy!

Actually, OP, what you do is your business. I do tend to wonder why people ask some questions in forums--I don't think you were seeking advice. Perhaps you were just wondering aloud.
 DragonBits
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:27:55 PM
Gwen, you are intriging and have firm opinions yet reasonable, so I will scratch your itch to know.

I never asked for any advice, I was wondering if others felt the same way in a similar situation.

WHY ask? The question seemed orginal and likely to provoke a response. The responses might be useful to me to understand the scene in PoF, dating in general. Will people be supportive, hostile, understanding, condescending ?

Doing the math, I really have only dated 4.5 years of the last 40 years. I don't know much about casual dating, thus I am on the forum to see how people like it, how it works for them.

It was interesting how my weight should be a factor or where I met her should be so important. Defending one's decisions in a hostile enviroment can often help to clarify.

IMO the most important physical factor is I am 5.5 tall. Men who are short understand this, no one else really does.

You asked about my searching for someone young. I have always dated in a range from 30-50, so how can I say if it would work outside of that range? If you accept booty calls, we can give it a try.

The pic IMO had a coy feel to it.

As in:

Making a pretense of shyness or modesty that is intended to be alluring.
Artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant;

Methinks sly or pretense implies I think you are the opposite of modest / shy.

take care John
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:54:55 PM
Yes, I am intriguing--pagan priestesses who are also Queens of the Universe are always intriguing. We are also not shy or modest.

I never asked for any advice, I was wondering if others felt the same way in a similar situation.

Technically true, but in forums, posters should know that they are going to get advice.

If you accept booty calls, we can give it a try.

Tsk, I wouldn't break up your impending marriage: men get hooked on intrigue, you know.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 12:01:12 PM
SO let me get this straight your GF mother is 5 year younger than you.

OK, some math. 80% of women have children 19-26 years old, by time her daughter is 19-26 the mother is between 38-52. That puts you some where between 43 and 57, dating a 19 to 26 year old. Ummm, yea how about drop the daughter and date the mother instead, she has more miles on her so breaking her in a piece of cake, well she probably well broken in by now.

Dude that really bizarre, whatever floats the boat and legal in the court.

Back to or
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:44:26 PM

OK, some math. 80% of women have children 19-26 years old, by time her daughter is 19-26 the mother is between 38-52. That puts you some where between 43 and 57, dating a 19 to 26 year old. Ummm, yea how about drop the daughter and date the mother instead, she has more miles on her so breaking her in a piece of cake, well she probably well broken in by now.

If you had read the posts, the math would have been done for you. The OP is 59, which makes Mom about 54. The daughter is 38--which means Mom was VERY young when she had her.
 DragonBits
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:48:25 PM
Larrytwa

<div class="quote">
Subject: If your GF / BF mother is younger than you, does it make you uncomfortable?
Message: SO let me get this straight your GF mother is 5 year younger than you.

Dude that really bizarre, whatever floats the boat and legal in the court.

Larry, let's do the math.

60% of posters are idiots, 80% have poor reading comprehension, 90% don't read the entire thread, 50% are drive by posters, 80% are just trying to be funny but can't get work as a comic.

Odds are you are an failed clown who is an idiot with poor reading comprehension and you didn't read the thread.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/26/2012 2:28:29 PM
I was in McD's yesterday trying to do some work for school--this is often difficult because people WANT to talk to me. A couple came in and sat at the table next to me. The woman was young and nice looking, very fair skin and red hair; the man looked to be in his 60s, very dark shin and black hair. I thought the woman might be his caregiver--the type who drives elderly or handicapped people when they can't drive themselves. I didn't take her to be his daughter.

They started to talk with me. He is 61; she is 29, and they are married. Their obvious affection for one another made their relationship very natural.

Sometimes it works: sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes marriages between people of the same age work, and very often, they don't.

If it doesn't work, OP, what is the worst that can happen? Child support for 18 years, I suppose, and maybe a chunk of money in a divorce settlement. Emotional distress is a given, but any of these issues are potentials for many marriages.

And if it works . . . look what you will have gained.
 DragonBits
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/26/2012 3:53:09 PM
How odd Gwen, if I met you I would have the urge to be enveloped by your hair.

We could talk later, then you could spin me a story.

Take care
John
 daynadaze
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 8:10:46 AM
I wouldn't date someone whose parents are younger than me, or my age for that matter, that would not attracted me at all. Personal preference, and yes I can control what I think, if I'm imagining having sex with my boyfriend's family members then I would seek some help, that ain't right. But anyway, I would never be in that position, but yes I would feel totally, completely uncomfortable to be dating someone whose parents are younger than me.

I did once date a man who was 18 years older than me, it was creepy, but thankfully his kids were much younger than me. I had zero in common with him and we looked silly together and I felt silly being in the relationship. Again, just my personal experience. My mother's second husband was 25 years younger than her and his parents were younger than her. It was a ridiculous relationship and she spent a ton of time side stepping people who thought he was her son. Even worse, people thought he was with me, not her, which grossed me out to the max.
 DragonBits
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/9/2014 11:25:50 AM
I thought I would update this old thread , it gives one an interesting historical prospective how people responded to this and to the thread that was closed.

How my relationship has developed since I first posted oni POF.

The closed thread was about a disagreement I had with my wife about traveling alone to meet me in the USA. The majority of posters got it consistently wrong.

Now my wife has been here with me in the Chicago area for nearly a year. She had gotten a job early on at Dunkin Donuts. She really surprised by calling me up telling her she had quit after 17 days. She really didn't get along with a few of her mostly Indian coworkers. My wife tries very hard to be a model employee, IMO she threatened anslightly older worker that hoped to move up to be a supervisor. Not a long term job for anyone, so not upset she quit. I knew she wasn't happy, but surprised me by quitting without checking with me first.

She has been in ESL classes here in the area. Started at level 3, level 4 and now is in level 5. These are free Government sponsored classes usually at community colleges. The free classes go as high as level 10. So far she is the only one that has passed each level without having to repeat. She was the only one to pass from level 4 to level 5. Passing requires one to pass a written essay in class.

We have one currant bone of contention. I want her to study for and get her Illinois driver license. She is a little afraid of the test which isn't available in Thai, and maybe more importantly, she likes that I drive her. In Thailand she had been driving since she was 16, the only other driver in the family is her father. She would often complain she felt like an unpaid chauffeur. Once I got her a chauffeur hat as a joke. Now she feels like a princess being driven around. And she knows me, if she can drive I would often tell her to drive herself or help me out and drive my mother to the doctor.

The closed thread was about a disagreement I had with my wife about traveling alone to meet me in the USA. She did travel here by herself. It wasn't a big issue, I was most nervous about her changing planes in Japan, since IMO that is the only time there is potential for problems. I was able to talk to her about 1 minute before her roaming minutes ran out. She used the first 5 minutes to update her father. She really didn't know how high they charge for international roaming.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/16077570datingPostpage7.aspx

This was the first time she traveled by herself on any kind of airplane. We had traveled twice by plane once to Vietnam and once to Kuala Lumpur. I don't fault her for being scared, but I thought she was up to it.

She was most scared once she arrived in the USA and had to go through customs. IMO once she arrived here it nothing could happen.

Interestingly, they interviewed her yet again and asked her questions about her relationship with me. They asked where was I, she held up her phone and said should I call him, he is waiting the at the I was outside in the lobby waiting for her. Even in O’Hara airport the International arriving outside lobby is fairly small, no chance to miss each other for long.

She she had been approved and had her paper work I wouldn't have thought that was necessary. Maybe they were trying to determine she was really the one that applied and not someone with her paperwork. Maybe it's just routine government procedures.

I am thinking I won't be spending much more time on POF forums, but it has been interesting.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/9/2014 10:03:36 PM
The whole topic of this thread is a good example of why having someone closer in age to you is the best option.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/13/2014 3:14:09 PM
DragonBits- Well, I guess an age difference THAT profound can have it's advantages.
You can get the senior discount and she can order off the child's menu, double savings, sweet :D :D
 roch64
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/13/2014 7:32:39 PM

I am thinking I won't be spending much more time on POF forums, but it has been interesting.

The forums are a complete waste of time, Dragonbits.

Enjoy your life with your young wife. May God bless you both.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/14/2014 11:11:44 AM
I gotta ask, OP ... do you ever get tired of telling the world you're dating someone young enough to be your granddaughter? It's getting a little tiresome reading your posts. Seriously -- how old is that girl? Is she just looking for a green card?

And I agree with the other posters -- you probably should be hanging out with people your own age.
 DragonBits
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/14/2014 2:08:48 PM

I gotta ask, OP ... do you ever get tired of telling the world you're dating someone young enough to be your granddaughter? It's getting a little tiresome reading your posts. Seriously -- how old is that girl? Is she just looking for a green card?

And I agree with the other posters -- you probably should be hanging out with people your own age.

Never going to tire of it.

Not dating, as we are married. She has had her green card for a year now.

I don't get the advice to hang out with people my own age? Who do you think I hang out with?

I am married, so I do “hang out” with my wife. My friends are generally 25-80, but really I only see one couple regularly who are their mid 50s. Her friends are in Thailand, and she hasn't hung around them in the last 10 years, so I never met them. I am facebook friends with a lot of them, but they don't generally speak English. She does have a male friend in school who is 35 years old, we haven't hung out. She really has only been in that class for a month now. School friends, generally here for that semester gone the next.
 the_regency
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/14/2014 3:34:09 PM
After living in Thailand on and off for a decade I've seen the older man after a young Asian wife game for years. It's mostly the daughters of Nomadic Hill Tribes living in Thailand not the Lanna Thai. These people are poor, uneducated and unfortunately the young women are often considered commodities, and there are enough international unethical old men to keep the exploitation going. I know one husband who got conned into buying new tractors, wells, rice crop etc.. for the whole village.

The foreign husbands rationalize their behavior in all kinds of directions, ultimately coming around to the same story....I am helping her. IF he really cared, he would send her to school or some other regular financial help and let her marry someone her own age. I loved to ask the guys, if the shoe was on the other foot and you were 23 would you be happy to marry an old wrinkled lady past menopause and retirement?

The responses were usually snarky and defensive. Apparently the golden rule doesn't apply to these guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If your GF / BF mother is younger than you, does it make you uncomfortable?