Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why is it so hard for single moms to date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 christiangirl19
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Why is it so hard for single moms to date?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My biggest fear is that my child will become attached to whomever I'm dating and be devastated when they leave. I can't speak for all single moms, but if they are like me, then they are simply trying to look out for the child. I recently dated a guy for almost a year, my son loved him to death. Then one day, out of the blue, he left. never said goodbye to my son or explained to him why he was leaving. Broke my son's heart and he still asks about him, almost 6 months later. I have yet to start dating again because I'm afraid of this happening again.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Why is it so hard for single moms to date?
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:36:04 PM

Broke my son's heart and he still asks about him, almost 6 months later. I have yet to start dating again because I'm afraid of this happening again.

Who is really the heartbroken one? Kids are amazingly resilient. A three year old may not fully understand the concept of love or a long term relationship - so by the same token, he's not going to be scarred emotionally for life because he notices someone is gone. That's YOUR pain, YOUR fear - more than the kid. Don't let fear make your choices for you.

Some parents have a set period of time for vetting out any new relationship before allowing the kids to participate in it. I think that buffer of time is as much for the parents' peace of mind as it is for the kid(s). I think it makes sense in any relationship, kids or not, to not invest emotionally in the other person too soon. Where that time line should be drawn is different in every circumstance.

What I find stupid about some single parents is the idea they can live a double life, where kids are never even mentioned during a date and vise versa. You're never going to be able to completely wall in or wall out both sides of being a parent and a partner, and there's going to need to be a time when the two eventually meet. Pretending the other doesn't exist isn't being protective, it's a stupid grasp of control.
 pro100pk2
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/16/2015 12:13:26 AM
I agree with you completely
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/18/2015 11:07:10 AM
I'm not worried at all that my kids would be "heart broken" over a guy I dated and it ended. The same can (and has happened) when you have a fall-out with a female friend. In my case, my kids were good friends with her kids (best friends even), and then their mother and I had a HUGE fallout and of course that put a halt to our kids hanging out. I never told them to stop playing with them, but since their mom and I used to be BFFs and hang out a lot, that didn't happen anymore and the kids , due to physical distance, just didn't get to play as much anymore, and eventually, it totally stopped. This really hurt me and them, but goes to show that it can happen with ANY relationship.
 tangofish
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2015 10:45:13 PM
^^^

Now you have to explain why you had a falling out, otherwise it leaves me to speculate. And that's just not a very humane thing to do
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/20/2015 10:23:31 PM
She stabbed me in the back and blabbed out things about me that I had told her in strict confidence. The person to whom she blabbed even showed me their text conversation, so there was no doubt it happened. That was the end of it right there.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2015 2:31:54 AM
what sort of a best friend betrays someone the way that you say yours did, Karma. You are better off without such a "best friend". Not to mention the nature of the person who betrayed her and showed you the text. This all sounds like schoolyard stuff.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/22/2015 10:22:39 PM
what sort of a best friend betrays someone the way that you say yours did, Karma. You are better off without such a "best friend". Not to mention the nature of the person who betrayed her and showed you the text. This all sounds like schoolyard stuff.

---
What can I say, I attract crazy people all the time. In that case, our kids became friends first and that's how I met her. We became friends due to hanging out a lot. We were really good friends for 4 years, I never thought she would pull something like that. But it's OK, she was toxic, and my life has been a whole lot less dramatic without her.
 pro100pk2
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/12/2016 5:08:59 AM
most men do not treat women with children
they prefer women without children
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2016 8:25:43 AM
I'm just glad I'm not the only single mom who miraculously conceived without any help from men....
cuz shouldering all this responsibility is like so awesome. I love all the free handouts I get.

I hope I stay on welfare forever and am always viewed as a liability rather than a contributing member of society.

I'm going to get welfaremom4life tattooed on my forehead so everyone knows I enjoy the struggle.
It's hard giving birth to two Jesuses, I oughta at least get a tattoo warning these men that I might get pregnant without their help.
 BizzaroLand
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/16/2016 10:59:41 AM
Wish I could find a decent single mom on here....seems this place is infested with prostitutes and girls who "just wanna have fun".
 BattleFader
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:47:38 AM

It seems like when I date single moms because that's my preference, they are harder to date then a woman without kids. I totally understand that moms are busy with the kids, work and school or etc. I feel that some single moms care about everything else and everybody else but don't take the time to do for themselves sometimes. I'm just trying to understand why doesn't single moms give some attention to a man that they have lead on that they are interested and why do they feel that its ok to keep themselves open to other options? Is it best suited for a single father to date women without children?

Actually, It could depend. The person I'm dating right now is separated and a mom of two. She not only wants all my attention but she makes me understand that she's eager to see me again. Honestly, I would normally find single moms a tad more difficult to date. Not only because they have probably have a busy schedule but also because they got out of a relationship.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/14/2017 3:27:22 AM

why do they feel that its ok to keep themselves open to other options?

Simple answer to that? They are looking for a meal ticket to pay for their kids and the don't want a man at all really? They want his money and someone to babysit the kids, while they go shopping with his credit card...he is not even on their top ten list of priorities and never will be...he is throwing himself at someone, who offers him nothing at all, apart from heart break and an empty bank balance...

seriously what can a single mother offer a man? They already demonstrated how irresponsible they are by ending up a single mother and they have already messed up the lives of their kids, by allowing them to be in a fatherless family...they will mess up a man's life too, in the blink of an eye, if he gets into a relationship with them...pure misery is what a single mother offers a man, without kids of his own and nothing more...single fathers and single mothers go well together...neither will be priority...sadly in the UK the majority looking to date are single mothers and that is why a lot of men, are not even bothering to get into relationships anymore...single mothers are only worth dating on a casual basis and nothing more....they are not relationship material
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:16:55 AM
quicktyper...you present no valid argument...just an opinion of a hater...your ruled by hate...give me facts and not nonsense...I'm waiting? Wait I have some for you and I can find more
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/998703/single-mothers-living-off-the-state-is-a-national-catastrophe
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:47:04 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931225/Mother-eight-lives-2-000-month-benefits-complains-forced-work-plans-cap-welfare-handouts.html
http://toprightnews.com/single-mother-of-8-who-lived-off-government-benefits-gets-some-bad-news/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246104/Unemployed-single-mother-benefits-spends-2-000-Christmas-20-presents-children.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306741/Jobless-mother-10-vows-having-babies-despite-cuts-30-000-year-benefits.html

wow so many

I'm still waiting for facts quickhater? Your opnion is invalid...you present no argument and no facts

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/05May/Pages/Single-mothers-have-worse-health-in-later-life.aspx
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/14/2017 9:26:43 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/8049211/The-benefit-of-being-a-single-mother.html

http://prospect.org/article/consequences-single-motherhood

https://singlemotherguide.com/single-mother-statistics/
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/14/2017 10:57:03 AM

I don't try to make sense out of nonsense
Well why do you write it then? No facts then? Well unlike you my argument is solid and I present facts...you present nothing at all...your argument is invalid...you are the troll not me...I don't make stuff up...all my links are legit...you really do need to try much harder...troll way
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/14/2017 1:42:11 PM

(Notatall)laidbackguy, you really do have it in for us, don't you. A typical Daily Mail reader, no doubt. I bet you don't even KNOW any single parents, let alone have ever dated a single mum.

Instead of reading/watching all that rubbish you keep blindly regurgitating, why don't you get off your judgmental backside, and get yourself some empathy and understanding. It doesn't mean you have to ever date one of us, that is your prerogative. Making out to the world that single parents are the lowest of the low, however, is not.

You know nothing. Grow up. Your posts here are verging on toddler tantrums, and over something that doesn't even affect you, ffs....unless...you're jealous, you wished you'd had children when you had the chance, and now you're so jealous of parents you can't bear to be in their company. And no child/grandchild-free women are interested in you.

Talk about hit the nail on the head. Ahahahahahaha
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/14/2017 1:45:41 PM

Doh! You failed to read this paragraph

Nope I read it...but I'm still waiting for you to present me with facts...no one else just you...all you have done is express your opinion so far...that's not fact...Come on I'm getting bored now...this is too easy...

I'll make it easy on you? What are the benefits to a guy dating a single mother vs single woman without kids? Hit me with the evidence:))))
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/14/2017 2:13:13 PM

I'm still waiting for you to present me with facts

Those always manage to elude you. Laidbackfag is a troll ignore him.

Something he stated before----->
A man sucking seven d!cks from seven different guys and not knowing who they are is irresponsible and loose...It's his body and it's up to him to choose...whether the guys use my mouth or not...they should be using it...fact...guys can't get their faces too pregnant...fact...men and women are different and you can't get around that...what ever argument you try to use...fact
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/14/2017 2:24:51 PM
Jack is a complete and utter moron...he changes people's posts and no it's not funny at all...he's a pathetic little troll who can't even write his own posts....He takes all the fun out of posting...what a****juggler...people will get fed up with his bullshit...it's pure idiocy...typer I never posted that crap...he made it up...I owened him in another thread and he could not take defeat like a man
see below
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/13384732datingPostpage12.aspx
You see he is nuts...look at the crap he writes and he uses the w word when referring to women
 PinkyAndTheBrain83
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2017 2:42:55 PM
Each to their own decision on this one. Its been said before but if someone really wants it to work they will make the time. other wise they are not interested. Yes single parents are busy but if they really want to be with you they will make the effort.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/14/2017 3:24:22 PM

Each to their own decision on this one. Its been said before but if someone really wants it to work they will make the time. other wise they are not interested. Yes single parents are busy but if they really want to be with you they will make the effort.

Wow where did you come from young lady? You seem so normal...so many crazy people on here and then out of the blue...you turn up...how cool is that...your profile sounds just right for dating people and I see no negativity at all...So glad you posted..It gives me hope that normal women still exist and are ready to date
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why is it so hard for single moms to date?