Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nikkisenko
Msg: 52
To tell or not?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

That's the main difference between men and women. Women live and die for gossip and any juicy tidbits about people. Guys don't give a damn about that crap. Women consider it a crime worse than murder if you know something about someone and you don't share the dirt and tell the person you know what's going on.

This is a massive generalization. We aren't talking about just someone on the street. We are talking about her friend. That isn't "sharing dirt". As someone else pointed out, when you help maintain a secret, you are in fact being more loyal to the other party. Again, if they are my friend, I would expect them to be more loyal to me than my husband who is LYING to me.

And, if it really so ok, why would it take guys some time to eventually be ok with it? I wonder if they actually decide to not make a big deal about it, but mentally place this friend more on the outside circle without discussing it.

You cannot generalize all information as gossip.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >