Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > IS NURSES THE NUMBER ONE PROFESSION ON PLENTYOFFISH      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 9
IS NURSES THE NUMBER ONE PROFESSION ON PLENTYOFFISHPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
but it does seem to me that a surprising number of women in these careers have difficulty maintaining long term relationships. Just saying

the problem is these women had to "maintain" these relationships on their own and would rather have a partner that shared the maintenance... just sayin!

frijolera_ninja
Msg: 10
IS NURSES THE NUMBER ONE PROFESSION ON PLENTYOFFISH
Posted: 1/31/2012 10:52:38 AM
Ive seen a few patients whose ex wives had taken them back in so they could get decent care and die with a little dignity. Which is more than how he let her live Im sure. Im sure theres men that would do the same for some of their ex's too.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:00:18 PM
Thats just plain old cold hearted! I think its one of those murphys law kind of things or then every ***holes would try and take over the world if they didnt get a little kindness here n there.
 psytle
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:02:01 PM

It's too bad the caring people(male or female) can't find each other. My experience has always been that when my girlfriend was sick I'd always go all over trying to find the medicine she needed and did everything I could to make sure she was ok. I was happy to do it for someone I cared for. However, when I was sick, she couldn't be bothered.

:: shrugs ::

I had to learn the hard way that one shouldn't expect to be reciprocated for unsolicited favors. Or solicited ones, even. It saves a lot of accusations and hurt feelings.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/1/2012 3:09:20 PM
Why is more nurses/healthcare on dating site? One reason is they had enough with their previous relationship to be a caregiver to their men whom seem to have none ending demand but hardly recieprocated in a relationship. The taker took all until nothing left for the giver to give in that relationship. Once obligations (mostly been putting up with child rearing) done, it is time for her to be free. And as you all have known, this profession produced such a steady and good income provided her to be financial independents so she doen not need to be a dependency on her spouse. Good luck if you land one whom having a career in healthcare because they do care with their natures.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/5/2012 10:28:52 PM
I'm a nurse on this site, and I do not personally see the rate of failed relationships being any different in this field than in any other I've worked in. In fact, most of the nurses I know are married, and the only other single nurse on the floor I work on is male. Things might be different in the ER, where the adrenaline junkies work.

One thing I've noticed about nurses is that they tend to attract disproportionate numbers of people with big health issues, both physical and psychological. If they have failed relationships, it is probably because they are burned out from taking care of everyone else, and receiving not enough in return.

Another thought: A lot of people who aren't nurses CALL themselves a nurse when they are really medical assistants, nursing assistants, nursing students, etc.

Also, to the radiology tech: some of you guys are annoying, too. lol
 Aura1shine
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:00:06 AM
LOL....a battle among health care career. I am agreed with post above that people in general unable to separate or understand our specialty. I have to correct several people that I am not a nurse but they still insist that I am because we do dress similarly.

Also am agreed with you that many are not single unless the candle is burnt out both ends from work and home. For an addiction with drugs and alcohol, not too much in this age but may be in the past since women had limitted choices what they can do for a living and make decent wages. So to be able to cope with stress, they may have venture the venue to num the pain of working in a field that they are dislike. I have seen lots of old MDs were doing the same with smoke and drink. Am not sure with any pain killer addiction like nows aday are prevalent among older population.
 jharp05
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2016 4:55:30 PM
yes - i've dated 4 from up here. on #5. this one seems to be a keeper. i only had 1 nut case one.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > IS NURSES THE NUMBER ONE PROFESSION ON PLENTYOFFISH