Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 226
skirt length when over 50 Page 10 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
For me I don't care to wear my skirts shorter than a few inches above the knee. I am not very tall and my legs are not long enough.... I think short skirts tend to make them look stumpy looking....Lol

So I stick to what looks good on me, like a pencil skirt, usually worn with a nice pair of boots. More my style :)
IMO, one has to have the legs to pull off the shorter skirts no matter what the age.

...mae
 Catpiece
Msg: 227
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:32:23 PM
aint no one's business but your own ;-)
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 228
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:21:56 PM
Remember to carry a pack of kitchen towels when you wear fishnets or sheer hose with heels and shirt skirts to mop up the drool ;)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 229
Posted: 12/30/2012 5:57:52 PM
Most savvy buyers of highline vehicles are not merely attempting to "grab attention" from anyone.....that's moronic.

What's moronic is the people who have convinced themselves that that don't buy a "high end" vehicle to make a statement ( draw attention ) or to try to fit in with the crowd they are trying to impress .

Hows the expression go. Some men see thier car and an enhacement for thier penis and others seem to use it as a replacement for one.

Keep telling yourself that you are doing it for some altruistic reason other than vanity or something to enhace your image.

It's along the same line of reasoning for making your vehicle extra loud with the excuse that you are doing it for the extra horsepower.

The difference is that some forms of blatant plummage display are more socially acceptable in mainstream society than others.

Personally I am far more impressed by a person who has built themselves a high performance vehicle than I am of someone who has just purchased it and pays to have someone take care of it.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:58:56 PM
I don't get the car or speedboat references.

Personally, I think people should wear whatever they want to.
 anita_lay
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:13:24 PM
He's saying that if you're rich, you deserve ''the best''.
''The best'', according to him, isn't middle-aged women in short skirts.
Yawn.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:48:07 PM
Echoes of Hugh Heffner with his 60 years younger bride?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 233
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:54:59 PM
Your suggestion that "sexual organs" have anything to do the ability and resources to purchase and enjoy highline high perfromance, finely built vehicles, boats, buisness jets, waterfront homes, Allen Edmond Shoes, or Oxxford Suits..lol....is sophomoric, laughable, and smacks of an unfortunate but garden variety brand of jealousy

No jealousy.. I can afford what you call a fine car - I just don't see the point in buying an expensive toy that I will be punished for using it as it was intended to be used and I am not that insecure about my own self image to need a fancy vehicle to prop it up.

If you really want to impress someone with your ability to buy a " fine " vehicle quit messing around with vehicles that an average Joe who is doing ok can own and go get yourself a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
 Single_Dad_Dave
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:53:39 AM
Wear whatever length you'r comfortable with and you look good in.

Just stay away from micro-mini's and the ones that just barely cover your butt.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/2/2013 11:00:49 AM
I believe in freedom. Everybody should have the freedom to wear whatever they like. I have absolutely no problem with 60 year old women wearing leather mini-skirts, studded leather bras and having a pink spiked hairdo. I have no problem with guys going around in a pink tutu either. I think we all need to become more tolerant about each other and what each other does. Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

I don't see that skirt length over 50 is really an issue.
 CharminC
Msg: 236
Posted: 1/2/2013 11:02:16 AM
but an over 50 year old man wearing a Billabong T, sporting a backwards mounted Ballcap, hopping into his new red convertible Corvette takes the award for looking stupid and inappropriate...

or an over 50 year old man or woman doing the half-pipe snow boarding run with 18 year olds, doesn't have a clue either

Oh but they do have a clue. It's you that isn't getting it.

While the ones who carry on living conformed to a "box" as you say they should, I bet these people you described are happy as peach and having FUN!
So you go ahead and believe what everyone should wear and how they should behave as you point your fingers and judge. Go ahead and conform yourself.
It's truly none of our concern what you do, say and believe.

Happy and fun people are oblivious to your gibberish. They just don't care.
Why? Because they won't let you or anyone like you bring them down.
Mind you though, I'd rather be with fun and happy people who dress inappropriately and do crazy things than those like yourself.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:35:09 PM

Most buyers are also not interested in "offending" others' "sensibilities" about how they might be "perceived" by points of view exactly like yours....they are not likely to be motivated or be concerned about whether "you" are impressed by any decision they make about their own lifestyle, choices, and mode of living. That's foolish.

Thank god people have the freedom to purchase what they wish, without seeking some kind of "permission" from those who undoubtedly can't afford the same products and lifestyles.

So very true.
I sold Porsches for 8 years....I KNOW this to be true. It's usually the ones who drive entry level Infinities, Lexus or Acura that are trying to impress. LOL..yep. I've sold them too.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/2/2013 8:15:51 PM
Yamaha skis...others buy Nordica or Volki

You haven't a clue what you are talking about here and Volkl is not spelt Volki.

Skiers would be much better off buying skiis based on what they feel suits then best when they demo them rather than buy them based on brand conciousness or what other people are telling them is the best ski on the market. Just about every brand on the market makes skiis that are good for some people but not for everyone - just about every skiier skiis a little differently so they all need different skiis to fit how and where they ski.

Over the years that I have skied many people have not approved of my choice in skiis or boots but I make my choices based on what works for me and what I like not based on what works for them or what is popular or fashionable at the time.

This is no different that the choices in the vehicle you drive or how short a woman over 50 wants to wear her skirt. If her life, her body, her taste, her sense of style her choice.

CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/2/2013 8:22:20 PM
Huh... Back to cars and skis...

When I last hit the slopes back in the 80s, I didn't care what brand the ski was. I just used it.

With vehicles... I got what I could afford and several years later I am still happy with my choice. Would I chose another vehicle given recent life changes? Probably not.

Now let's flip this question around... Replace skirt with Kilt and let's see how that works. What length kilt should guys wear aged 50+?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:31:00 PM
Now let's flip this question around... Replace skirt with Kilt and let's see how that works. What length kilt should guys wear aged 50+?

It really depends on what his legs look like. Not all 50+ men have nice legs---if he has wrinkly knees, varicose veins, bird legs, or they look like tree trunks, I don't think he should wear them at all. Dark knee socks might help somewhat.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:38:46 AM
What length kilt should guys wear

You can judge a Scot by the size of his Sporran.

His kilt should be at least four inches longer than the hang of his Sporran. Otherwise he looks like he's in need of a wee bit of a trim.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:59:17 AM
Well, I know the length should be longer than what I wore at 17.
Because when I tried on a dress I saved from high school which I wore to see Elvis at the Intercontinental Hotel in LV circa 1970, I was aghast to see that someone had apparently broken into my home, stolen the dress, and taken up the hem before stealthily returning it to its hanger in my closet.

Until, I realized ... It was my a$$ that had gone south by a couple inches!
At least I have a lovely vintage tunic, now.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:04:39 PM
Lol.... Puts me in mind of a humorous greeting card I saw...

A skinhead with a can of lager in his hand yelled at an elderly lady standing at a bus stop "show us yer boobs".

She lifted the bottom of her dress and there they were, hanging down :p

Or the famous picture in People of Walmart of the woman in tennis shoes, short denim skirt and fishnets whose belly was hanging down below the bottom of the skirt.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/5/2013 6:38:01 PM
I dunno but in this weather I wonder whether the conversation shouldn't be suggesting longer, fleece-lined skirts and woolen pantyhose to put under it to keep you warm.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:21:33 AM
^^^ Would people change thier view on skirt length for women over 50 if woolen or otherwise pantyhose are worn. And Captain I don't think that is an acceptable accessory for a man wearing a kilt.
 Fleuron
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/6/2013 11:19:15 AM

I believe in freedom. Everybody should have the freedom to wear whatever they like. I have absolutely no problem with 60 year old women wearing leather mini-skirts, studded leather bras and having a pink spiked hairdo. I have no problem with guys going around in a pink tutu either. I think we all need to become more tolerant about each other and what each other does. Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

I don't see that skirt length over 50 is really an issue.

Very nice post.

I do not understand the sick obsessive need some people seem to have about what OTHER people do….and if they don’t like it, the OTHER people have to stop doing it?!
Maybe there’s nothing going on in their own sterile boring little narrow minded worlds.

*I* LOVE the way my legs look in black stockings and heels. If anybody else doesn’t like it, they can drop dead.

Oops, my skirt slipped up….is hell yawning before me?

Granted, I’m not 50 yet. Maybe I’ll indulge in even shorter skirts while I still have time. :D

Happy and fun people are oblivious to your gibberish. They just don't care.
Why? Because they won't let you or anyone like you bring them down.

I agree. Cranky old people are no fun.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/6/2013 1:20:33 PM
Fleuron - exactly - MOST posters seem to be far more concerned about acting in a totalitarian manner by issuing decrees on what men must wear and what women must wear. There seems little concern for individual freedom.

I am most perturbed however by the message that is coming across that some individuals refuse to have any kind of relationship with another individual if that individual flouts the totalitarian decrees. Nothing there about whether they might or might not like the individual concerned. Just a decree based on outward appearance. In a way this is very similar to people that declare that people of color X or faith X is never going to be their friend. It is more concerned with the trappings and not the soul. Perhaps this is why so many marriages collapse? People marry those they find easy/sexually attractive and when they get enough of that is when the problems begin as the marriage is not based on a mutual endearment?

I personally happen to know of a great many guys that cross dress at parties quite regularly. In fact it is very common where I come from. Their girlfriends usually help them with their wardrobe and make-up and women usually cluster around them. I did find on youtube a video of a couple of cage-fighters that went out to a nightclub in skirts etc. They were attacked by some troublemakers and quietly subdued the troublemakers who were subsequently arrested. Nobody else could care less what they were wearing. Among my friends are some guys that go occasionally to parties in skirts, trying to pass as women. I find the rejection of personal freedoms by some of the posters here quite sickening.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/6/2013 1:52:12 PM
I am most perturbed however by the message that is coming across that some individuals refuse to have any kind of relationship with another individual if that individual flouts the totalitarian decrees. Nothing there about whether they might or might not like the individual concerned. Just a decree based on outward appearance. In a way this is very similar to people that declare that people of color X or faith X is never going to be their friend.

No.
People of color (and, typically, faith) are that way because of a consequence of birth.
They should be protected from discrimination by law. Unfortunately, law can only carry into the public domain of workplace, educational institution, housing, etc.
There are no laws against being a prejudiced bigot in your personal life unless you infringe on another person's LEGAL rights.

See? Freedom cuts both ways. People are "free" to flaunt social mores by dressing as they like, having tattoos, piercings, etc. That's a personal CHOICE = Personal FREEDOM. However, the same people are not guaranteed job protection (hell, even the military can reject you for the types/ numbers of tattoos and/ or piercings on your body).

You can walk around in public looking as you like, as long as you aren't breaking public indecency laws. We even had "the naked guy" for years in Berkeley (sad ending - you can google).

Other people are not required to appreciate your "personal statement" - tattoos, pink tutu, axe medically implanted in forehead or knobby knees in a miniskirt.
Get it? Other people have freedom to express themselves, too - even if it is a look of disbelief, confusion or disgust.
Having the "right" to wear what you like does not mean other people have to like it, only that they can't prevent someone from doing it.

I find the rejection of personal freedoms by some of the posters here quite sickening.

Don't try to make a rejection of the opportunity to be in a relationship with you (or rejection/ disapproval of your crossdressing lifestyle) look like a rejection of your personal freedoms.
Smokers are people with a particular lifestyle choice. Nonsmokers and/ or asthmatics are free to "reject" them as lovers, friends or on any level they choose, right?
You can't force people to like you.
It's their "right" to have a choice.
You want to be free to choose how you present yourself to the world.
Give others the freedom to accept it or not.
You sound just as narrow minded as those you decry.
P.S. Flouting the "totalitarian decree" by personalizing your appearance to the level of nonconformity DOES say something about who a person is, does it not? I mean, that's the point actually ... Freedom to make a personal statement. I'm surprised you would claim to not comprehend how another person can look at such a statement and decide to "pass" on getting to know "the real person" beneath the outer appearance. It happens every day. When was the last time you asked a shabby, homeless person out to lunch, hmm?
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:25:25 AM
whatever Britney Spears wears is ok.....lol
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/7/2013 4:06:58 PM
I haven't actually met a shabby homeless person in America. I don't run in those circles. Having said that, the allegedly shabby homeless people I meet in other countries are all begging for money. Offer them food and they refuse. They want the money for booze and that's all. They get their free food at the soup kitchens.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50