Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 251
skirt length when over 50 Page 11 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
The point, of course, is that you want to be able to freely express your "feelings" through cross-dressing, but are perturbed when those with whom you interact while dressed do not express "feelings" that meet with YOUR approval.

Sounds hypocritical to me.

Suggest you try to walk the talk of "live and let live."
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 252
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 1/7/2013 5:20:44 PM
I meet in other countries are all begging for money... They get their free food at the soup kitchens

You do realize there are quite a few countries that do not have soup kitchens and many of those who have something that they call a home but would not pass as a home in the US are dying of starvation every day. Would one of those other countries be places like Canada where we have a better social safety net than the US does.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 253
Posted: 1/7/2013 5:51:19 PM
How did we get from skirt length to soup kitchens?
 cooldog65
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 7:47:26 AM
@Fleuron:

I do not understand the sick obsessive need some people seem to have about what OTHER people do….and if they don’t like it, the OTHER people have to stop doing it?! Maybe there’s nothing going on in their own sterile boring little narrow minded worlds.

*I* LOVE the way my legs look in black stockings and heels. If anybody else doesn’t like it, they can drop dead. 

Oops, my skirt slipped up….is hell yawning before me?

Granted, I’m not 50 yet. Maybe I’ll indulge in even shorter skirts while I still have time. :D 

You do whatever feels good to you. My lady always wears form fitting outfits. No complaints from me.
 Fleuron
Msg: 255
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:14:01 AM
FedzBureau:
@ Fleuron.....I have the right to also think that your position is sophomoric and simplistic.

Society establishes mores, customs, traditions, regulations and laws...for the general public.

While you might wish to parade down the street naked (which is your "choice"), most societies miwght suggest you are breaking decency "laws"...that's where your "intense individualism" collides with a civilized society..

"Choices" oftentimes causes "official" blowback. Your own "choices" to wear inappropriate attire even has consequences in a workplace. In other words, if you want to look like a fool, they might suggest that you do it on your own time ! An over 50 year old woman teacher in a "high screwl" who "chooses" to wear an extremely short skirt while teaching her biology class in a public school (or private) is clearly a damn fool, whose private choice is protected, but the school administration might have a thing or two to say to her about her judgment...and rightly so. She is a middle-aged idiot in this example. See?

Think what you like….call me a “fool,” an “idiot,” or anything you like…(and then pretend you didn’t) …it has no affect on me.

*I* choose not to be straight-jacketed into societal BS. Of course I am law abiding…I didn’t realize laws had been passed prohibiting women over 50 wearing short skirts….for the welfare of the general public, apparently.

I didn’t say I wished “to parade down the street naked.” Where did that come from? Your imagination, maybe?

Don’t concern yourself. I’m not a school teacher and I know how to dress “appropriately.” At the same time, I dress to please myself.

You could always lobby your legislature to pass Indecent Skirt Laws for women over 50, and/or picket high schools where middle aged harlots are parading naked in front of biology classes.

You make your choices; I’ll make mine. No need to blow an artery.

Neandy5:
I'd have thought that reasonably self evident. 50+ women showing leg is a crime of moral turpitude leading to social anarchy and ultimately economic collapse, at which point we'll all be in the soup kitchens. Oh well, at least there'll be some nice legs to look at while standing in line.

Hilarious!!

Thanks, Neandy5 and Cooldog. :)
 rhonda333
Msg: 256
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:15:47 AM
well, like Fleuron, I also like the way my legs look in black hose and heels. If fact, when being helped into a car, I've been know to shamelessly expose a bit of the stocking welt. When I'm wearing Secrets in Lace of course.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:43:54 AM

I also like the way my legs look in black hose and heels. If fact, when being helped into a car, I've been know to shamelessly expose a bit of the stocking welt. When I'm wearing Secrets in Lace of course.

To quote Jamie Oliver: "Phwoaaarr!" We need a photo!

Seriously, I still don't see anything wrong with women over 50 wearing miniskirts or short skirts. I see no problem with anything people wear. The fashion "gurus" are where the problem lies. As long as it's tasteful - no naughty bits on view - then I don't see any problems.

Having said that, some of the women I have seen in real life:
1. Need to wear a bra under that tee-shirt if they're going out in the street (talk about high-beams).
2. Need to wear something to cover their fat rolls.
3. Need to wear a skirt long enough that the fat rolls hanging down don't protrude below the bottom of their skirt.

Other than that I'm easy. And now Rhonda has tempted us with the thought of her getting into the back of a limo while showing her stocking welt, we nee a picture :p
 rearguard*2
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:50:00 AM
Nothing gets me going quicker than nice long legs and heels. The shorter the skirt the quicker the response.

Of course, the legs need to be long and slender without varicose veins.....

Age has nothing to do with it.....
 venusenvy777
Msg: 259
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:28:19 PM
O please! Im 51, tall, in great shape and I have killer sexy long legs! I love to wear short skirts, heels and stockings. I wear what looks good/ feels good to me. I like to dress feminine and I feel most comfortable like that, although I can also rock a pair of Levis! lol I think its important to be true to yourself and not worry about pleasing random strangers. Lifes to short for that!
 venusenvy777
Msg: 260
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:02:44 PM
To the crabby and obviously celibate bitterball above...Frankly, I cant say your opinion matters much to me, in fact you just made my case in point. lol Yes its true, I just recently finished my THIRD college degree and had great fun in the process Learning is a GOOD thing...How many degrees do you have may I ask (not that I care) I have raised my kids, traveled the world, lived in a different country for many years and wore a short skirt in the process (theres nothing like a short skirt and a cool ocean breeze)

Sorry you cant appreciate the beauty of a woman with lovely legs ...makes me feel sad for you. And seriously, "what more CAN a guy want"??? By the volume of mail I receive, I would say many men agree... Hows your inbox doin? ahahahahhaha
 venusenvy777
Msg: 261
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:04:26 PM
I believe in freedom. Everybody should have the freedom to wear whatever they like. I have absolutely no problem with 60 year old women wearing leather mini-skirts, studded leather bras and having a pink spiked hairdo. I have no problem with guys going around in a pink tutu either. I think we all need to become more tolerant about each other and what each other does. Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

I don't see that skirt length over 50 is really an issue.

Very well said!
 anita_lay
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:20:28 PM
To all those tut-tutting middle-aged men who soooo disapprove of women doing anything that doesn't fall into their narrow definition of ''proper''...I gave up worrying about randoms' approval when I was a young woman.
I will wear what I went and I do it to please myself.
If ''you'' don't like - ALL THE BETTER!
You're picking the wrong age group to dictate to, buddy!!!!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:56:12 PM

For MOST women OVER 50, experts will tell you (as well as your own mother) that it looks pretty stupid to wear extremely short skirts and dresses

Really? You knew anita's mother? I don't think so......

Experts? In what, exactly? This entire discussion is to me patently ridiculous. Skirt length is societal, a fashion trend, and has nothing to do with age. Women's legs look pretty much the same whatever they wear, and in hot places its shorts and swim suits most of the time, skirt length is short as well, unless there is a crazy fashion or cultural thing going on.

What you are going on about is your own conservative background. There are loads of women who can flash a nice leg at any age. It depends on genetics, physical condition, attitude, personal taste and personal comfort.
 anita_lay
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 6:20:08 PM
^^the dude is one step away from recommending black burkas, but hey, it's just his opinion and doesn't reflect on him because he's just stating the obvious and we fools and idiots shouldn't question him or even make fun of him..(hee hee)...
Are we allowed to wear swimsuits or do our dimply thighs offend your sensitivities too much?
(For the record, I don't wear minis anymore - except to the beach. Shortest is about 2 inches above the knee. But more power to those women who enjoy wearing them. I couldn't care less. If you look silly, well - you've given me something to giggle about. Vive le difference!)
 anita_lay
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 6:32:44 PM
Mmm. It could be fun to watch him running down the street, shrieking "My eyes, my eyes.''
Can we all go out afterwards?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 266
Posted: 1/9/2013 6:55:28 PM

I think all us old broads should slip into our shortest skirts and highest heels and show up on Fedzy’s doorstep just to f uck with his head

Please send me the video I unfortunately will not be able to attend.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 267
Posted: 1/9/2013 7:02:54 PM
I'm just wondering why someone would give a damn what us old broads want to wear. I'm at the age where I dress to please myself, I've earned that right. I'm with the above the knee crowd, I've given up the mega high heels but wtf, who cares. Good thing we're not discussing thongs as that might really twist his nuts in a knot.

And it is easy to fvck with someone's head and we've earned that right too. Go old broads, go.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 4:18:47 AM

what if your 15 year old daughter wants to wear an extremely short skirt walking to school, o r to the bus stop ?

Wow, are you living in someone's basement! Up this way the school uniforms are short to the stage that you would probably consider naughty. I don't think my daughter has ever worn a skirt below mid-thigh......

Hilarious........
 anita_lay
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 4:51:46 AM
^^Mine either, except for her denim maxi.
And most women around my generation and Fedz wore minis when they were teens.
How come Fedzie didn't notice?
 OutMind
Msg: 270
Posted: 1/10/2013 7:26:34 AM
I'd love to see the photos. Any of the ladies also going comando?

yummm
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 271
Posted: 1/10/2013 8:02:47 AM
The only problem with short skirts is hygeine. If when you sit, the skirt doesn't cover your butt then your butt is touching a chair that some distinctly nasty butts have been pressed into. A risk of catching something nasty.
 rhonda333
Msg: 272
Posted: 1/10/2013 3:13:13 PM
Well just to add some perspective, as a 56 year old , I know I have good legs because I've been a daily runner since school. First cross country in school, then as a daily recreational ever since. No cellulite here.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/10/2013 5:11:04 PM
most women around my generation and Fedz wore minis when they were teens.
How come Fedzie didn't notice

Actually I remember girls starting to wear then when I was in grade 7 ( 12 yrs old - 1970 ) and some of us boys would try to catch a peek at panty while they were walking up the stairs ... he could have been at an all boys school or maybe he just had no interest in girls at the time

Seeing a woman in a short skirt is not really any different than seeing her in shorts or a bathing suit assuming of course she she didn't pull a Paris Hilton and " forget " to wear panties.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 5:40:05 PM

Some of my "opinion" is even supported in the accepted and written text throughout the Talmud

I'm Jewish and don't recall anything about older women not wearing short skirts., nylons, heels, etc. in the Talmud discussions. I'm with the above poster...been staring at female legs since pre-teen years. Still just love an older woman with sexy legs...short skirt, shorts, bikini, slit skirt, naked, etc. Women who keep themselves fit and in shape are so delicious.
 Fleuron
Msg: 275
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:07:39 PM
Hm. Well that argument (Msg. 321) inspires me to hem all my skirts up an inch.

(Thank you, Dino57, for quoting my post before it got hacked.)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50