Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anita_lay
Msg: 276
view profile
History
skirt length when over 50 Page 12 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
'm Jewish and don't recall anything about older women not wearing short skirts., nylons, heels, etc. in the Talmud discussions.

Actually, it's the 11th Commandment - Thou shalst not wear mini-skirts EVER or elseth Yahweh will smite the High Priestess of Ancients Who Display Their Legs, Cindy Crawford.
This Commandment has been overlooked through the centuries, but Mel Brooks rediscovered it when he making the History of the World. He had Madeleine Kahn play Cindy and my goodness she looked a harlot.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 277
view profile
History
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:56:16 PM
Actually that's the 12th Commandment.
That was long after telling Eve to be fertile and to propagate the world...best way to do that was to get her in a short skirt so Adam would want to get her out of it.

By the way, the 11th Commandmnet was 'Thou Shall not dip your Oreo cookie in milk on the Sabbath'
 anita_lay
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 7:36:39 PM
^^noooo, you're wrong. You're allowed to dip - just not the meat-flavored Oreos. And then there's the 13th Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Double-Dip - many scholars believe this is a sub-verse of the 12th, but look we're really splitting hairs here.
I just love a good discussion on theology!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 8:14:39 PM
All of this over skirt length??? PLUEEZEEE........
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 280
Posted: 1/10/2013 8:52:56 PM
I'm afraid you've all got it wrong. The 11th Commanment is women shalt not wear clothing lest it impede the view of the men.
 disillusioned1
Msg: 281
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:21:20 AM
Wear what you are comfortable wearing. I am 54 and a bigger gal and i often wear my skirts a bit short. I have had a lot of complimenst on my legs, even from a gay guy that said my legs could "maek him go straight" lol
 rearguard*2
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 5:45:33 AM
No doubt about it, women should know their proper place in society and dress accordingly!
 Pinky127
Msg: 283
Posted: 1/11/2013 6:53:58 AM

You know, I'm beginning to warm towards Fedz. He trolled the lot of us right up to soapbox front row. Nice one!

But i do wonder why he's this upset at women 50+ wearing short skirts?
As with women and their very,very short skirts,it seems the bottom's fallen out of his World.................
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:57:19 AM

^^noooo, you're wrong. You're allowed to dip - just not the meat-flavored Oreos. And then there's the 13th Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Double-Dip - many scholars believe this is a sub-verse of the 12th, but look we're really splitting hairs here.
I just love a good discussion on theology!

Actually double wrong. It is regular Oreo cookies. Scholars sent an Oreo to a lab and like a Twinkie...no final consensus as to it's actual chemical make up: Animal, vegetable or mineral? Miolk and Oreos were separated on the Sabbath 'just in case'. Scholars still debate the classification of these foods that never perish.

Re a comment about shorts, bathing suits, etc. That used to confuse me when I was a lad...and still does. Girls would mortified when we dropped a pencil and peaked under their skirts and saw their underpants..but the same girls wore skimpy bikinis at the beach just across from the school.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 285
Posted: 1/11/2013 1:23:00 PM
Yes. Very strange that! Mind, it's not as though girls have anything particularly down there to look at. More of an absence than anything else since all their girlie bits are inside their bodies.

We get way too hung up on our bodies and on clothing. Far better if we went as nature intended - in the nude.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 286
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:49:12 PM
We get way too hung up on our bodies and on clothing. Far better if we went as nature intended - in the nude.

That would take all the fun out of it. Is there such a thing as cross-undressing?

Maybe we could uses merkins---different colors, lengths and textures for different days.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 287
Posted: 1/11/2013 6:50:29 PM

Far better if we went as nature intended - in the nude.

I disagree... just about everyone is more attractive with the right clothes on rather than none at all. The same could be said for personal grooming - most of us look better when we have put some effort into looking good.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 288
Posted: 1/11/2013 7:38:40 PM
Wow... I must be old hat. I had never ever heard of a merkin!

How on earth do they keep them on? Glue?
 Fleuron
Msg: 289
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:40:13 AM

I hope you don't think I'm looking to fools for endorsement of a simple opinion on a web-based forum topic with a bunch of strangers. I'm not attempting to join the ranks of a forum cyberclique, or receive accolades from bogus cyberfriends......surely you can understand why that is...?

Oh FFS. Your opinion is thoroughly valid, but dissenting opinions are those of “fools” in a bogus cyberclique of fake friends. Get a grip.

MY opinion is….anybody can wear whatever they darn well feel like wearing.

As far as girls being upset about boys deliberately perpetrating lame stunts to pseudo-stealthily peek under their dresses….gee, I wonder why that would be offensive??!

Everyone, or mostly everyone, wears a bathing suit on a beach. No one is pretending to drop a pencil for a cheap thrill.

Really, you have to have that explained to you?

That shut up and take it crap doesn’t fly with me.
 rhonda333
Msg: 290
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:59:02 AM
well I started this thread never dreaming it would run to 15 pages and generate so much bile. I tried on a dress in a store and the sales lady said I should really be looking for a tall- although the hem was just above my knee. That got me to thinking and I posted. So thanks girls- and guys.
 TimeforAChange48
Msg: 292
Posted: 1/12/2013 11:48:25 AM
If the sales lady suggested a tall because it was above the knee, perhaps that particular dress or style is usually worn longer. Unless she specifically mentioned your age and what you should be wearing, I'd opt for the above rational.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/12/2013 1:13:12 PM
Hey Fedz...If you feel THAT strongly about wearing mini-skirts....Stop wearing them...simples lol
 ForumFiona
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/12/2013 1:25:32 PM

I hope you don't think I'm looking to fools for endorsement....

I get the impression all of us are fools because we aren't quite into christianity as you are? Perhaps your opinions would have been taken more seriously had you not started throwing around scriptures that don't even apply to clothing, never mind the slams that the ladies who do wear mini-skirts had to endure from you?

And dammit Sciencetreker, here I though oreos and milk was kosher. Now that the ingredients of oreos is questionable, I guess oreo ice cream is out of the question too. Dammit again!!

I've seen enough 50+ ladies in short skirts that looked fabulous to me. There is no rule that women have to dress matronly once they hit a certain age.

So rhonda, go ahead and wear a short skirt if you are comfortable with it. With your body you could get away with wearing lots of styles, may as well model too eh. You are a fantastic looking lady.
 anita_lay
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2013 1:40:47 PM
^^It's a ''he'', not a ''she''.
Neandy summed up Fedz the best

.. the repeated strident *fools* thing makes you look like a Bond villain – don’t you? And anyway, we poor fools know we could never recruit the genius who thinks

lolol..
It's sort of like a toddler throwing a tantrum - all that negative attention...
 ForumFiona
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/12/2013 2:04:53 PM
Sciencetreker:
Re a comment about shorts, bathing suits, etc. That used to confuse me when I was a lad...and still does. Girls would mortified when we dropped a pencil and peaked under their skirts and saw their underpants..but the same girls wore skimpy bikinis at the beach just across from the school.

CaptainAmerica007:
Yes. Very strange that! Mind, it's not as though girls have anything particularly down there to look at. More of an absence than anything else since all their girlie bits are inside their bodies.

Those are good questions, you guys are funny....did anyone answer? Otherwise I'd like to add my $.02 why that is.
When us little girls are growing up, we learn that it is improper to expose clothing that is worn under our clothing (aka underwear). Bathing suits are not included therefore that is why you would not see a girl get her knickers in a knot (no pun intended) should you view her bathing suit from under her dress. Or that was my experience anyways.
When I realized even big girls may get their underwear viewed, I wore underwear that was the same color as my skirt. Just in case....
 Fleuron
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:36:55 PM

They can of course

You can, too. :)

….but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know a lady in her seventies who wears miniskirts. I swear she can pull it off, because she has the legs of a 25 year old. But then I take a step back and there's something wrong about the whole picture

No offense, but that’s your hangup. People don’t have to dress to suit your tastes and preferences, or what beauty your eyes behold.

It has nothing to do with “pulling it off,” or looking beautiful. People don’t have to dress to accommodate others.

If *I* feel beautiful that’s what matters, to me. Really, if others don’t like it, or think it’s “wrong”….. tough.

I recommend that attitude to OP and anyone else who will benefit from it.
 anita_lay
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:44:14 PM
I wonder how many guys here worry who about being judged when they dress every day.
"Do these jeans make my butt look big? Am I too old for this t-shirt? Should I be wearing shorts since I'm over 50? Can I get away with blah blah blah.."
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/12/2013 8:09:00 PM
It all depends,I've seen women over 50 wearing longer skirts that would probably look great in a shorter skirt.....
And I've seen much younger women wearing short skirts that had no business doing so.
If you have nice legs,don't be afraid to show them off a little!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/12/2013 9:49:50 PM

Am I too old for this t-shirt? Should I be wearing shorts since I'm over 50?

Most guys who would still not be caught wearing the same clothing they wore in the 80's including realtively short shorts in 80's colours - despite the fact that 80's colours seem to be back for young guys. This is partly because it would make them look a bit gay and partly because women would not think they look attractive. So yes guys do follow fashions and do make clothing choices based on what is fashionable and acceptable to those whose opinions they value.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50