Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 staffmom
Msg: 301
skirt length when over 50 Page 13 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Darn! and here I've been wearing sandals with my 'summer frocks'!
Good thing I came on here and learned that I should be wearing Dock Martins!
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 302
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:01:54 AM
Well, as a show of solidarity with women over 50, I reckon all the guys should go around in short skirts on National Miniskirt Day. Or if not a skirt then at least a short kilt.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:55:42 AM

I wonder how many guys here worry who about being judged when they dress every day.

Well, in the warm weather, I do. If I wear my short shorts then the number of local ladies showing up with tuna casseroles gets out of hand. I can eat only so much of that stuff and when it starts to pile up in my fridge to the extent that there is not enough room for beer, I am forced into my knee length baggy shorts.

And don't even get me started on what happens when I work outside without a t-shirt!

In the cold weather, everyone is bundled up like an eskimo, so it doesn't much matter what you are wearing underneath. One reason I rather like Winter....:)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 304
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:57:49 AM

Had't seen that. Recommending taking fashion advice from a 2500 year old book takes the conversation to a whole new level. {/quote]

Lol...my thoughts exactly.

In my opinion, I don't think there's a cut-off point for wearing short skirts. It's not about age - it's about one's body type. If you've got the legs, why not show them off. Lord only knows, it won't be all that long before *I* will look totally ridiculous in a shorter skirt...specially in the retirement home.....I'd like to take advantage while I still can. *grins*

"Summer frock?" Haven't heard that term since reading "Little Women" ....

...mae
 venusenvy777
Msg: 305
Posted: 1/13/2013 1:42:03 PM
(quote)

Ahahahahahhaa XO
 Fleuron
Msg: 306
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:54:20 PM

Fair enough, but most people *do* dress for others in the sense that they project a (calculated?) message through the clothes they wear. They may or may not care how others see them, but others *will* give a thumbs up or down or whatever. That's what the fashion industry is about. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is another question :)

“Most people” do dress for others? You mean YOU do. Sorry…I don’t believe for a second that you can possibly know the personal motivations of “most people” or even “some people,” or anyone other than yourself. Those kinds of ambiguous remarks are meaningless to me.

The fashion industry is about other people’s thumbs up or thumbs down? I would think it’s about separating people from their money, but what do I know. I don’t follow the “fashion industry” or anyone else. I wear what I like and what’s comfortable for me. If someone wants to give me a thumbs down, I’ll be happy to tell them what they can do with it.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:01:57 PM
Atta girl!

Similarly, if I choose to wear red nail polish and a pink tutu then anybody has a problem they can talk to the hand. Lol

Now, where did I put those lime green lycra fishnets?
 Fleuron
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:54:48 PM
Well CaptainAmerica007, I can understand why you’d seek my approval. IMO red and pink usually clash.

I’d recommend a deeper “hot” pink on your nails to better complement the pink of the tutu. Also I’d prefer black fishnet stockings for myself, however; the bright green would probably prettily accentuate your leg hair.

But of course that’s entirely up to you. :)

I don’t know why you’d assume I’d choose outrageous outfits….oh, that’s right… because I like to wear short skirts in my aged decrepitude.

Maybe I should post a warning on my profile, eh?
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/13/2013 4:07:34 PM
It sounds like you need to come with me as advisor when I next go shopping in Hot Topic, Abercrombie and Fitch, Victorias Secret, Sephora or Laine Bryant. ;p
 venusenvy777
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/13/2013 4:09:02 PM
Ahahahahhaha this thread is so fun XO
 Fleuron
Msg: 311
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:47:12 PM

“Comfortable” eh? Think it’s probably best to be clear about which sort of comfort is being referred to. The ‘nice cup of tea in onsie and zip-up fleece lined booties while watching the wisteria grow through the conservatory window’ sort or the sort which only comes from the full knowledge that ‘you poor suckers *want* my azz don’t you but I’m in the driving seat mkay’. Let’s define these as type (a) and type (b) respectively and propose to differentiate by the use of ‘cömfort’ (alt 148) for type (a) and ‘cômfort’ (alt 147) for type (b).

Ha ha….of course my answer is type (c), which encompasses both (a) and (b).

Type (a) clothing and type (b) clothing are very different, however.

But you probably already knew that. :)

It sounds like you need to come with me as advisor when I next go shopping in Hot Topic, Abercrombie and Fitch, Victorias Secret, Sephora or Laine Bryant. ;p

Sure, sounds like fun! We’ll for sure have to hit a shoe store, too.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 312
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:23:28 PM

Sure, sounds like fun! We’ll for sure have to hit a shoe store, too.

You're on. I could do with a new pair of kitten heels and a smart pair of knee-high brown leather boots to go with my new minidress :p
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:16:14 PM

No one must agree on a damn thing. I am still a very free individual who thinks there are things that are appropriate, things that are inappropriate, things that are flattering, things that are ghastly, and things that are
completely laughable or stupid when it comes to middle-aged women over 50 years of maturity wearing extremely short skirts and dresses .

No we don't have to agree.

We don't even all agree on whats short for a skirt.

I'll stop wearing short skirts when my legs look like I should stop or I feel stupid in them or worse (if MY SON or SO said umm ummm maybe change)

You know "the azz looks fat in those jeans" thing ummmm eh er..
 rhonda333
Msg: 314
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:17:35 PM
Well said Peppermint! Thats the position I'm addopting
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 315
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:31:10 PM
I am not going to stop wearing short skirts, hose, fleecy bras or kitten heels! And I don't care whether others tell me different!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:50:33 PM

No we don't have to agree.

We don't even all agree on whats short for a skirt.

I'll stop wearing short skirts when my legs look like I should stop or I feel stupid in them or worse (if MY SON or SO said umm ummm maybe change)

You know "the azz looks fat in those jeans" thing ummmm eh er

That's the way to think peppermint. If you've got the legs, why the hell not?
Btw....You're so tiny, I don't think you're ever going to have to worry about your azz looking fat in anything.

...mae
 anita_lay
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:52:53 PM
^^I can't believe he's got the nerve to even challenge Pepps on her right to wear minis.
If ever any woman rocked a mini, it's Pepps.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:06:32 AM
How kind of you ladies.
Lets hope I have a few more years..

I wont get the years my mother had imo. Barbie calves and knees ( with no effort other than staying a good weight) She showed them into her 70s.
No veins...no flab.

We do need to distract from whats NOT so great these days IMO.

If its shoulders/neck...... then show them. Maybe you have great arms..show them or if you have a small waist..belt that and draw attention to it.

If you are fortunate enough to have a fabulous face..wear a v neck.

Lets stop age from dictating anything we are happy with or enjoy wearing!!!
 69daniel
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:54:50 AM
the longer the legs the more you show is to be the sexier anyone who dont like long beautiful sexy legs then there is something wrong with them the more you show girl the sexier they are
 Fleuron
Msg: 320
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:04:30 AM
^^^^^ IMO…it’s less about looking “sexy” or any particular way, than making decisions for myself without caring about what some busybodies or anyone else thinks.

Dude, I’m sorry…but your post plus your username plus pic holding an infant is kinda creepy.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 321
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:22:42 AM

Everyone is free to state opinion, and personal reprisals are really never in order...they are commonly used by the more uncivilized and intolerant it seems.

Yes, we are all free to state our opinions, and yes, personal reprisals are never in order---which is why I'm perplexed that I received one about being "overexposed". Care to elaborate further on that?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:42:21 PM

the longer the legs the more you show is to be the sexier anyone who dont like long beautiful sexy legs then there is something wrong with them the more you show girl the sexier they are

^^^^^^^^^^
Ick?

You can be sexy in anything.
That's attitude to me.

Even Jackie O wore skirts above the knees..It's classic.

It's fashion, it's style, it's feminine,it's daring and can be breezy and cool.
It can be sexy AND tasteful, esp if everything isn't showing at once.( JMOPO of course)
Actually at the beach and HOT summer I wear them longer to protect myself from * wind/sun damage*

Please put down the baby before it slides out of your hands.
 Ted_tspark
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:29:40 PM
If you got it...flaunt it.

Case in point-Tina Turner.
Runner Up-Lauren Bacall (ok maybe not so much recently lol).

Dude with baby is pretty grotesque.
 Ted_tspark
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:31:45 PM
Hahaha I actually meant Lauren HUTTON.

My bad and deep apologies to Bacall fans :)
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 325
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:28:58 PM

I just read that women over 50 should wear their skirts a little above the knee or at the knee. Very long skirts look dowdy.

What about skirts on guys over 50? :p
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50