Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Freudian
Msg: 376
view profile
History
skirt length when over 50 Page 16 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Hitting the gym and posting photos would work better than a thesaurus.

Good point. Somehow though, I don't think that's gonna happen.
 Fleuron
Msg: 377
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:17:47 AM
I gotta wonder about some (cough!) men who obsess over an apparent lack of female modesty…. if that mentality translates to the bedroom. Will she be expected to lie comatose-like in ankle length heavy cotton nightdresses while he rolls over on top of her for 45 seconds with all the lights off?

Boring! I’ll show my thighs and have some fun.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:25:09 AM
45 seconds...ah the good ole days ;)
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 379
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:12:48 AM

Will she be expected to lie comatose-like in ankle length heavy cotton nightdresses while he rolls over on top of her for 45 seconds with all the lights off?

If she doesn't want to get crushed, she won't.
 QT3.18
Msg: 380
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:21:48 AM

I gotta wonder about some (cough!) men who obsess over an apparent lack of female modesty…. if that mentality translates to the bedroom..

Just lie there and think of England.....
 Freudian
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 11:48:21 AM
I absolutely love it when I hit a nerve and they go off the deep end into a total waste of time diatribe. That almost always means that I actually pegged the person correctly. You seem to have a real problem with how women dress, how they wear their hair, and anybody that calls you out on it. Plus, you started denying your own profile, which means you're not only hiding, you're lying.

Therefore, you're just a troll seeking to inflate yourself by calling anyone that doesn't agree with you "stupid.," then setting back in mommy's basement to play another round of Halo. Go back to the little table and let the grown ups talk.
 Freudian
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 12:23:25 PM
See how easy it is? But at least, we know he can spell 'LOL' correctly. Have you found the powerup on this level yet?

But enough baiting the children. It's against the rules for me to continue this so:

Women, wear your skirt as short or as long as you want. In this age group, we should have outgrown any serious concerns about what other people think. Dress as you feel appropriate, not to satisfy the holier-than-thou crowd.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 383
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:15:36 PM
In this age group, we should have outgrown any serious concerns about what other people think

If only that were true we would have alot less threads posted by the over 45 crowd. If anything I would say most people I know worry more about how they are percieved by others ( and are more inhibited as a result ) now than did when they were in thier 20's.

I don't know whether it's the times or not but I think there is less freedom to do whatever you please in these overly politically correct times than there was in prior to the advent of the internet.

Freudian
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:55:16 PM
heh, you're absolutely correct, that's why I said 'should'. Really though, do we really care about some disapproving stares? Soon as we leave we forget about them and get on with our lives, or at least, we 'should'.

Ladies, if you feel good in a short skirt, wear it. If the other women don't like it, it's because they don't feel comfortable in one. If the men don't like it, it's because they don't have a chance with you. Next time you wear one, take a girlfriend along and have her watch the men, they'll take second glances, hide their reactions, and intentionally avoid your glance; all signs that they like it, but are afraid to let anyone know.

Except me, I stare and drool.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 385
Posted: 3/24/2013 1:54:53 PM
I'm reminded of that old song sung by Jeannie C. Riley, entitled "Harper Valley P.T.A":

I want to tell you all a story 'bout a Harper Valley widowed wife
Who had a teenage daughter who attended Harper Valley Junior High
Well her daughter came home one afternoon and didn't even stop to play
She said, "Mom, I got a note here from the Harper Valley P.T.A."

The note said, "Mrs. Johnson, you're wearing your dresses way too high
It's reported you've been drinking and a-runnin' 'round with men and going wild
And we don't believe you ought to be bringing up your little girl this way"
It was signed by the secretary, Harper Valley P.T.A.

Well, it happened that the P.T.A. was gonna meet that very afternoon
They were sure surprised when Mrs. Johnson wore her mini-skirt into the room
And as she walked up to the blackboard, I still recall the words she had to say
She said, "I'd like to address this meeting of the Harper Valley P.T.A."

Well, there's Bobby Taylor sittin' there and seven times he's asked me for a date
Mrs. Taylor sure seems to use a lot of ice whenever he's away
And Mr. Baker, can you tell us why your secretary had to leave this town?
And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep her window shades all pulled completely down?

Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here 'cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar again
And if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath, you'll find she's had a little nip of gin
Then you have the nerve to tell me you think that as a mother I'm not fit
Well, this is just a little Peyton Place and you're all Harper Valley hypocrites

No I wouldn't put you on because it really did, it happened just this way
The day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A.
 newstart1949
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2013 12:18:53 PM
Goldie Hawn and Cher pull off the shorts and short dresses quite well...
Take an honest look at yourself ......even some women in their early 30s and early 40s should not be in skirts more than 3 or 4 inches above the knee...
 bamagrl68
Msg: 387
Posted: 11/22/2013 3:06:27 PM
rhonda333- Now that I'm 45, I'm ALMOST cured of caring what people think. HOWEVER, if I don't feel comfortable in what I have on, if I question if I look ridiculous, then I don't feel confident and lack of confidence in NOT attractive.
I say a shorter skirt is ok as long as you aren't trying too hard with what you pair it with.
For example, don't pair a short skirt with a revealing top. Just go with the shorter skirt and a top that covers a little more, maybe wear tights and/or boots.
Going with clothing that obviously is meant for a younger woman makes you look older.
That's my "what not to wear" advice for today :)
 Kahuna_1968
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:20:53 AM
Wear it how short you like, If people have a problem with it, that's their problem...you go girl!!
 Vannili
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2013 10:46:22 AM
I don't think age dictates your skirt length, it is on how you feel confident on wearing your clothes, I wear mini skirt( on formal with nude or black hose) to long skirt.......

Igor has a woman's fashion sense, yes if I am a tall woman I would go for tall women clothes , and have the hem line fix by an alterationist, since I am a petite I go for petite's clothes.........
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2013 6:11:30 PM
There are a good number of 50+ers that rock short skirts and a good number of Youngers that don't (also do.)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2013 7:01:24 AM
Feet, ankles, shin, knees and thighs...I like it all and don't worry ladies I'm not alone.
 DawnLuvs2Run
Msg: 392
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:47:08 AM
I like to have fun with what I wear. It has nothing to do with age or wanting to look a particular age. I'm just not a boring kind of gal. If I'm wearing what I like and walk in the room confident I get lots of compliments. Frankly if I feel good in it, the compliments are nice, but if someone were to say "What the heck are you wearing?" I would likely laugh and reply "I liked it, you don't have to."

My grandmother was a big lady. Once upon a time, there were no stores like Pennigtons, Additionel, etc for plus side ladies. All her dresses were handmade and never flattering. Today there are stores out there that cater to women of all sizes, ages, styles and more. Find clothes that fit and have fun. Being older, or of a larger size no longer means you have to hide in a sack dress or live in sweats - dress how you want.

As for skirt length, if it looks good and you feel comfortable in it, go for it. I've seen women of all shapes, sizes and ages that look good in short and long depends on what they are wearing with it and where they are going. I'm short, I do wear longer skirts to the office, but a lot of longer skirts are even longer on me and not always as flattering. Short doesn't always equate to tight and slutty.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 393
Posted: 11/26/2013 12:41:07 PM
I am with the "wear what you feel comfortable in" group. I wore an above-the-knee dress to my son's wedding and it looked good and I felt good. It is all about how you feel in it.
 Fleuron
Msg: 394
Posted: 11/26/2013 5:57:46 PM

Look at pictures and movies from the early 1900s. …..Those were much better days.

Remember them well, do ya?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 395
Posted: 11/26/2013 6:08:42 PM

All women, younger and older, should wear skirts down below their knees. If women understood that they are more sexually attractive and more respectable when they hide their assets instead of exploiting their assets . . they would be much better off.

If that's the case, I think I'll have to burn all my maxi skirts.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2013 10:35:45 AM
Back in the 70s my skirts were way up there...just barely covered what needed covering. Those days are gone, of course, but my legs are still good. But now I wear pants 99% of the time. However, I have skirts that are above the knee and look great.
 ladyc4
Msg: 397
Posted: 11/29/2013 12:35:18 PM

All women, younger and older, should wear skirts down below their knees. If women understood that they are more sexually attractive and more respectable when they hide their assets instead of exploiting their assets . . they would be much better off.

Perhaps you should explore the idea of joining an Amish community as a "Seeker"?
Actually, why ARE you on a dating site? Shouldn't you be looking for women who are living under the roof/control of their fathers, waiting for suitors to come calling ( if their father grants permission?)
Skirt length for over 50?
Depends on a number of factors...climate, social environment, activity planned, comfort, what is flattering...
100 yr old "rules"? Not so much.
Cindy O
 Like2dance
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2013 2:25:25 PM
It depends of the legs of a woman rather than her age. If her legs are great go for it by all means. If not please don't!

I am so glad Hillary C. wears pants!
 fishing052261
Msg: 399
Posted: 12/2/2013 8:49:02 AM
Just have nice legs and some kind of ass and it doesn't matter your skirt length. NO UMBRELLA STAND LEGS IF YOU WEAR A SHORT SKIRT. Thanks in advance. lol
 Fleuron
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/3/2013 3:34:19 PM

It depends of the legs of a woman rather than her age. If her legs are great go for it by all means. If not please don't!

Just have nice legs and some kind of ass and it doesn't matter your skirt length. NO UMBRELLA STAND LEGS IF YOU WEAR A SHORT SKIRT. Thanks in advance. lol

Well maybe we women should get the approval of a team of men before dressing to make sure our anatomy is not offensive to the tender male sensibilities before stepping outside.

I wear what I want to wear, what I’m comfortable in and have paid for. If however a man has some sort of problem with how I dress I’d be happy to take his complaint and shove it for him.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50