Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anita_lay
Msg: 407
view profile
History
skirt length when over 50 Page 18 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
^^in your dreams...lol..
Everything I do is for men? You watch too much television.
 ladyc4
Msg: 408
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 12/4/2013 12:18:31 PM

Except everything you all do is for men, after your children of course.

That may have been true at one time, and it still may be somewhat true for young women who are still being taught that being a wife and mother is the ONLY way to TRUE validity as an adult human being.
But for the over-50s women?( which is what the OT is about, btw)
No, I think we've pretty much got past that. Now, this doesn't mean that all over-50 women are utterly self-centered, but to say "everything(we) do is for men"?
Sorry, it's either an epic misperception or desperately misinformed wishful thinking.
For me, what I do, predominantly, is for myself. I do a lot for others as well, in the context of volunteering in good causes, but that also serves ME in a number of ways.
Pretty much everything I do is to make my life a good one. Having the right gentleman in my life would be nice but I'm not about to throw over my own life just to please some swingin' d*ck that strolls across my path.

Look, joec, I think you are getting all wrathy and snide because you want something that has pretty much become outdated. Most parents have been raising their daughters for several generations now, to have independent abilities and skills, not to RELY SOLELY on marriage for emotional and economic well-being.

Nope, sorry, but everything most of us do is for ourselves. Of course we care about other people, our children, our planet, our pets...but we hardly live an existence that is totally oriented to pleasing men.
If that chaps your ass, I'm sorry, but you have a very skewed perspective of dating and relationships.
Or else you are a troll recycling himself under a new ID.
Cindy P
 Fleuron
Msg: 409
Posted: 12/4/2013 12:45:43 PM

Except everything you all do is for men

I vomited on Thanksgiving. Want some?

You’re just projecting your complete and utter dependency on women.

I didn't expect any women here to admit the facts of course

Well daddy why are you wasting your time online when legions of women are doing everything for you?

Joe conservative

Oh now I get it. Shouldn’t you be tuned in to the Fox “News” T&A Show right about now?
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 410
Posted: 12/4/2013 2:36:40 PM
Joe, you really need to show us a pic of you with your bible, so we can all say," no wonder".
 ladyc4
Msg: 411
Posted: 12/4/2013 2:56:25 PM
LOL
Am I the only one hearing this huge dissonance between a man with utterly puritanical viewpoints, and his presence on an internet dating site?
Shouldn't he be attending Wed Night Bible Study, and asking men with eligible daughters for permission to court them, or the males who oversee the lives of their widowed female relatives?
Make no mistake, I mean no disrespect to anyone genuinely holding to a faith or creed. But the ones I know the most about have tenets AGAINST judging others or trying to ram a certain set of rules/behaviors down everyone's throat...

Again, skirt length or other matters of clothing should be guided by activity, comfort, social environment-AND!-if one so chooses, to emphasize one's best features. Common sense and a grasp of reality should also come into play, because I don't think we are EVER going to get completely shut of the "she was asking for it" defense presented by men who can't control themselves.
Having said all that, I agree with wolves, I think that JoeC should show us a picture proving he's not just a self-recycling troll.
Cindy O
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 412
Posted: 12/4/2013 2:58:28 PM
Joe! My idea was sent to me by God himself, now where's that pic!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 413
Posted: 12/4/2013 7:33:20 PM
There's no need for a pic---just Google Jimmy Swaggart crying and you'll have the perfect image:

"The Lord told me it's flat none of your business."
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 414
Posted: 12/5/2013 3:51:10 AM
Am I the only one hearing this huge dissonance between a man with utterly puritanical viewpoints, and his presence on an internet dating site?

I noticed that a while ago. he's probably a "self recycling troll", otherwise why would he work so hard to wind people up here? he'd just run along to blowmenow.com. pretending to hide behind the massive stupidity of one's own posts just because there is so much of that going around on the internet is easy at first but it starts to become transparent once the pattern of over-scripted 'prose' (for lack of a better word) is established. start reading everything he says in the voice of Gollum or maybe Beavis & Butthead and you'll get it.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 415
Posted: 12/5/2013 5:16:18 AM

there's a huge (*HUGE*) difference between a man with a comb over and kissing a man with a comb over.
don't worry though, we aren't asking you to grace us with your company either.

Okay, good to know, I guess. But I really wasn't offering my company to you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2013 8:06:19 AM

Look at pictures and movies from the early 1900s. Women back then were nothing like they are today. They didn't expose every ounce of their skin for all to see.

I have seen nude photos from that time period and the women were not hot at all.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 417
Posted: 12/5/2013 6:28:35 PM
With the temps dropping to a -40 with the wind chill tomorrow there is NO WAY I will be worrying about age and skirt lengths. Freezing cold temps like that calls for leggings, warm pants, boots, my heavy coat, scarf, mitts and toque. Probably not going to be an attractive look... *Grin*

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:13:45 AM
Sexy pants and/or jeans will get my attention as much as a short skirt on a female, but then again both will be determined by the one filling those clothes.......go figure!

cd
 Moonchild51
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:21:51 AM

Sexy pants and/or jeans will get my attention

^^Just as long as no one shows any toes!!! Oops, sorry, that was my inside voice!
 c_deacon
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2013 1:10:37 PM
Ah come on Moonie.......we all know that it depends on if the toes are painted or "naked".....lmao

OT......I will still say that clothes do not make the person, but the person will make the clothes, and if both are good, the results are even better!!

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 421
Posted: 12/6/2013 4:46:12 PM
[Sexy pants and/or jeans will get my attention as much as a short skirt on a female, but then again both will be determined by the one filling those clothes.......go figure!]

Everyone's idea of sexy is different......if one likes the eskimo look, than I have been looking damn sexy in my winter apparel...lol

Ah come on Moonie.......we all know that it depends on if the toes are painted or "naked".....lmao

Ok, coming from a colder climate I tend to only paint my toe nails in warmer weather, that's when I fully"expose" them for all to see. *grin*
But in the winter....well no one ever gets to see them. *big sigh*

...mae
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2013 12:14:24 PM

What about guys that like boobs AND legs?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry, you have to pick one at a time.

If I show some cleavage then I wear a longer skirt, if you want 34 inches of leg to show,I'm covering the puppies.

The legs are meatier, so that's what I show more often( when I show).
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 423
Posted: 12/7/2013 1:29:30 PM
Sorry, you have to pick one at a time.

If I show some cleavage then I wear a longer skirt, if you want 34 inches of leg to show, I'm covering the puppies.

Perhaps that's why so many of these men retire in areas that have beaches---so that they get to see BOTH.

And Pepps, you know you can still rock a two-piece swimsuit.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2013 2:35:09 AM
^^^^^^^^

I have enough sense not to stand next to you in one.
 Blueline294
Msg: 425
Posted: 12/8/2013 7:49:28 AM
Two piece suits are bad enough. Thongs are disgusting except on a nude beach . .

^^^^^
What are you...of all people doing on a nude beach? From your previous posts I thought you had potential for sainthood. :) But all in good fun....keep the faith.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 426
Posted: 12/8/2013 12:48:47 PM
^^^^Well I for one wish he was a saint.........Saint Elsewhere...........lol.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 427
Posted: 12/8/2013 9:57:22 PM

Two piece suits are bad enough.

I agree they wouldn't be very flattering on you---you really should just stick to wearing the bottom half.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 428
Posted: 12/9/2013 9:52:33 AM
Joe: …Thongs are disgusting except on a nude beach . . . and who wants to see that?

Can you imagine creating it in the first place? and then declaring it good? It's enough to shake your faith.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 429
Posted: 12/9/2013 12:22:35 PM

I wonder if Joe has gotten enough attention yet? Seriously a troll comes on here and everyone wants to take turns at them and so the forums goes off topic and then post get removed, and again it is another no pic profile at that, when it is easy to just ban the ip address of the people trolling >I would like to know how a thong masculines a woman?

Hope you don't take offense darling, but.............isn't that what you're doing too. :)

In my opinion, it would be a pretty boring society if everyone dressed the same. What would we have to talk about? And where would all the wild and crazy Walmart people go? Amazed by some of those pics...hehe

....mae
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 430
Posted: 12/9/2013 12:47:49 PM

Not much creativity in making the things. A string basically. I mean why even pretend they are covering something. Its unbelievable that our society allows women to parade in public wearing those things. Its pretty clear that the downward slope of this country has begun with all of these ridiculous inappropriate behaviors of men and women, the feminizing of men and the masculinizing of women in the working world.

If you're going to to blame the downward slope on what people wear, you might want to start with the fig leaf.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 431
Posted: 12/9/2013 1:10:29 PM
"Our society" beats your one vote Joe. You obviously yearn for a nun. BTW, I think Muted was talking about the Birthday Suit not the bathing suit.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50