Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 26
skirt length when over 50 Page 2 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

If ya got that jelly thing going on or cottage cheeze, do us all a favor and wear pants.

I feel the same way about men with big bellies: they should wear cloaks or ponchos to hid the "dunlop" over their pants.

And thank GOD that they wear hats to cover up their gray, receding hair because I just don't wanna see it.

Faints, Seki

Luckily, no one at SB fainted!
 rhonda333
Msg: 27
skirt length when over 50
Posted: 1/29/2012 3:07:48 PM
Last Halloween I went to a party as a sexy witch- really short leather skirt and fishnet hose. I didn't get any complaints, but then that was a party. I'd never go elsewhere dressed like that. So thanks gang, I appreciate all the feedback.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:35:25 AM
Really,who cares what anyone wears,as long as it's not in a work environment!I personally
don't wear short skirts as I inheirted my Fathers very thin legs but if I had great legs and felt like it wouldn't hesitate. It's kind of like you should have the "helmet head" hair do after 50-
 cooldog65
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:03:33 AM
It's only too short if you have to keep tugging it down toots (My throwback term).
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/30/2012 2:52:53 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm

If I think its to short then its to short.

I agree with the "no miniskirts after 35" opinion. A lot of people apparently disagree with that advice judging from the number of over-50 women I see wearing miniskirts in the warm weather. I think an over-50 woman looks perfectly respectable with a skirt an inch or so above the knee. Anything shorter just looks like you're trying too hard.

^^^^^^^^^
Phooey

You throw on a dress and look in the mirror then check your gams front and back, bend down by the knees a bit and see if the breeze is getting a bit fresh.

If you are happy with it, it shows.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If ya got that jelly thing going on or cottage cheeze, do us all a favor and wear pants.

As Gwen said............
REALLY?????????

BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/30/2012 4:05:09 PM
Gwen, u should make your newer pic ur main one, u come up w/ the best poses!!!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/30/2012 5:58:45 PM

Gwen, u should make your newer pic ur main one, u come up w/ the best poses!!!

Thanks! Of course, I don't want to offend anyone by showing a little leg. I hope people who think old women shouldn't wear short dresses don't look at my profile.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:16:58 PM
Let them look, u r a lovely woman inside & out...maybe they can learn something from you.
 pja44
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:31:36 AM
well im 46 and i wear mini shirts i don't think age makes a difference just whatever you are comfortable in if i put something on and it makes me happy thats all that matters.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/31/2012 4:56:58 AM
I'll take jeans for 200, Alex.
Capris for summer.

Used to love to wear long flowing 'hippie' skirts .. can't do that now.. the material gets caught in my front wheels... arguhhh!
Too fat to sit here in a shorty skirt.. but I kinda don't think I would if I were thin, either. Clothes fit differently when always sitting.

For those who want to wear short skirts... I have no problem with people dressing any way they want. It's their choice!
And oh what fun when people watching.. all the variety! How dull if everyone wore exactly the same thing.
People watching is much more interesting now than it would have been in the 1950's!
 ro1970
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:31:38 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the way you think........

But that being said, I hate it when I see women over 50 trying to dress like their teenage kids and looking like a silly aging whore.

The message......dress appropriately!
 DrummingNut
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2012 7:03:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^
But the thing is, WHY "hate it"?

If we've gotta have some sort of reaction within ourselves... isn't a bit of a giggle and a "well, it's her choice" thought more benificial to our own mental well being?
 Ready_Real
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/31/2012 7:11:46 AM

I hate it when I see women over 50 trying to dress like their teenage kids and looking like a silly aging whore.

And your point is?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/31/2012 8:05:04 AM
^^
I dont look my age

Welllllllll... since you felt you had to say that I feel I have to say "yes you do".
BUT... yes! wear what you want and have fun!
And yes.. you're slender. I'm (honestly) happy for you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 8:22:09 AM
Some attractive 40+ ladies on this thread who can rock the mini.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/31/2012 11:29:20 AM

I dont look my age and I think women are jealous because they cant wear one.

You are thin, but you still look your age.

And by the way, being thin and fit has little to do with looking younger. I am overweight and out of shape, yet I consistently have people tell me that I look younger--in fact, twice yesterday and once today from young women who told me that when they are my age, they want to look like me and have my energy. I took their words as great compliments, but I know look my age.

I would rather look good than be overweight and fat

I am fat and I look good--I also wear skirts shorter than two inches above my knees despite my blubber.

Why do you assume that women are jealous of you? I would rather be fat, look good, and keep my intelligence than to be thin and feel the need to insult other women in order to boost my self-confidence.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/31/2012 12:44:32 PM
^^^ Back a few years at my late wife's High School reunion one of her classmates looked about 15 years younger than her age. When we got home I got their Senior yearbook out to see what she looked like at 18. At 18 this lady looked like she was 12-13 years old, and I bet it bothered her then, to look so young. On the other hand, I bet it doesn't bother her at all now, to look younger than her real age. You roll with what God gave you.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/31/2012 1:05:13 PM
I have meaty thighs & wear my skirts dresses no shorter than knee length & as someone else in here said, sometimes I wear capri leggings under a shorter skirt/dress in the warmer weather.

I do not want to say who looks younger & who doesn't, who is thinner, who is fatter & who is photoshopped. All women have their own beauty- inner & outer & fine points & I would hope that we would behave like a sisterhood & uplift eachother...we were/are all daughters, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc.

How about we think of ourselves as a bouquet of flowers, each one different, unique & pretty???
 browneyesboo
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/31/2012 1:31:54 PM
I pretty much wear what I want, but then I don't honestly care what
others think, other than my boss of course.
I wear work appropriate clothing, nothing that will scare anyone, but
when I'm home or on my own time, I wear what I like.
That sometimes means clothing or accessories that others might think
inappropriate for my age, but so what?
I see lots of things that I don't find attractive, and other than think to myself,
ugh, I just move on and let them be.
Who wants to see droopy pants, ugly comb overs, giant bellies, nappy teeth,
gnarly facial hair (the list goes on)? No one.
Doesn't mean it isn't out there.

How about we think of ourselves as a bouquet of flowers, each one different, unique & pretty???

This. I usually have more respect for someone that colors outside the lines
and isn't afraid to push the freedom of expression button, even if I don't agree
with their choices.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/31/2012 1:34:25 PM

I would hope that we would behave like a sisterhood & uplift eachother...we were/are all daughters, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc.

I second this. I am thankful and slightly amazed at how many women in these forums feel that bond of sisterhood. We should work together rather than cause divisiveness and try to compete because of the way that we look--it ain't a competition, and no one "wins."
 Ready_Real
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/31/2012 1:45:22 PM

I would hope that we would behave like a sisterhood & uplift eachother...we were/are all daughters, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc. How about we think of ourselves as a bouquet of flowers, each one different, unique & pretty???

I second this. I am thankful and slightly amazed at how many women in these forums feel that bond of sisterhood. We should work together rather than cause divisiveness and try to compete because of the way that we look

Totally spot on, Ladies

*mae* flowers
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/31/2012 2:02:20 PM

I remember in high school when mid thigh skirts was 'the style' and the 'mini skirt' came out again. The mini skirt was shorter than mid thigh. The next style that went around was the 'hot pants' which were a reincarnation of the 'short shorts'.

..."Hot pants" I remember those, (before the term became derogatory) ...lol Everyone wore them, they were so popular. I remember my aunt who was in her late forties at the time wanting to buy some for a "Social" we were all attending. My uncle would not hear of it....thinking she was waaaay too old to be showing that much leg at her age. Times have changed...lol

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 2:15:15 PM
That they have Mae.....and I am happy for it!!.....

Now thinking back, I remember when my mother and other family members were pretty soft and looking much older when in their late 30's and early 40's, and now, I find women that age that look so damn nice......even in their 50's and showing that we are a different generation from our parents and how we have taken care of ourselves....

It is nice to see an attractive person in shape no matter the age.....

cd.........
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:16:49 PM
Some very pretty legs on here!
Randy Real, I hope "The Boot" doesn't become the style.
I wear skirts above the knee, but I don't wear minis. There is a difference.
Oh ok, I do wear a mini while at the lake to cover my suit while on shore.

I am Jr. size and it is difficult to find what I consider age appropriate clothing, but eventually I do...I hate shopping.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:17:12 PM
Does anyone recall the "micro-mini" it was almost like a thick belt, it barely covered your who-ha! If someone can carry that off over 45-50, more power to them

When I was a little girl, It was on an Easter Sunday, the whole family was in the car, my Dad almost drove into oncoming traffic, there was a young hottie in one of them. My mother didn't even get mad @ my Dad, she laughed hysterically. So did me & my sis. We can still remember it today, this woman was strutting in high heels on the cement sidewalk in Queens, NY
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > skirt length when over 50