Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tossingrabbits
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Just got dumped, nicely though. Looking for advicePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
holidays coming up, <------- Common.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 29
Just got dumped, nicely though. Looking for advice
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:46:22 AM
I agree with most here, way too soon for her to be dating and for you to be interested in dating her. I think that possibly she used you to get through Christmas. When that was done, so were you.
 Linden2012
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 4:23:51 PM
Sounds like she's definitely not over the ex, have a break then move on, life is short, you're a handsome guy, and meet someone else x
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/3/2012 6:45:29 PM
She wasn't ready to get into a relationship so soon. It's too bad people just don't give themselves ample time to get past all the issues they carry with them once they end a relationship, it sure would make things a lot easier on everyone. So my advice to you is to give yourself some time after this relationship, just take a breather and when you're ready to get back out in the dating scene you'll be ready!
 Yankee again
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/3/2012 8:02:01 PM
Move on , sorry but consider it a nice holiday.
 mrsforums
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 11:04:04 PM
We've all started down a path, at some point in our lives, and realized that we've left some important travelling gear behind, or neglected to buy it.

Knowing that we need that gear to continue the journey, the sensible thing to do, is go back to the starting point and get sorted.

It doesn't mean we don't want to take the trip, it just means we began the process ill-equipped on the first venture out.

While we work on gathering that equipment, sometimes we need to stay focussed in order to create a checklist of what we need, and what we must do, to ensure our checklist is completed.

Individually, we will each complete the needs list at different speeds.
But when it is done, it will be an amazing adventure.
An adventure that we want to be open to, when the time is right.

If the stars align, we might have the chance to go down that path...better prepared, with our original travel partner.

But if our travel partner had their gear ready and decided to choose a new friend to take the trip, we have no control over that choice.

So, OP, at some point, you will have to decide if you're willing to wait, and for how long. This is your choice. Distracting her focus from readying herself for a relationship is what you must NOT do.

Give her the space she has asked for. If you are meant to be with her, you will still be open and available to give the relationship a chance.

All the best,
MrsF
 Melannie1
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/4/2012 12:17:55 AM
Hi johncarlow! The best thing I liked about your thread is when you stated this: "she even spoke to me of what her ideas of a relationship would be meaning, making sure both of us wanted the same things down the line". It is very refreshing to see that both of you made an attempt to discuss your ideas on what you wanted in a potential relationship... well done!

It is unfortunate for you at this time that it has not worked out for you. I guess my suggestion to you for the moment is to possibly concentrate on yourself and try and slowly move forward with your life. This may be difficult for you at times however, at least you would be trying.... M.
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 1:13:22 AM
If she was very emotionally invested in the last relationship, 6 weeks isn't long enough to grieve over the end of a 5 year relationship. This is pretty much a rebound relationship.
 adora71
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/4/2012 1:15:24 AM
I'm in the "just move on" camp too. She may be sincere and really like you on a whole bunch of levels, but being a friend to her will make it hard to get over her. With my ex, every few times we talked post-break-up, it seemed like the subject moved to "getting back together one day" or "what went wrong in our relationship." Pretty hard to get closure with those kind of talks going on.
 MRJERRYINCOLUMBUS
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:30:53 AM
OP she may very well be seeing her ex still yet. That happens alot. Women will continue to see their ex while dating because they have a hope of getting back together.
And at this point she is confused as to what she wants more than likly. Sounds like she saw things about you that she did like but I have found that if you offer to be good to a woman recently broke up from her ex then she will more than likly just take you for granted. My suggestion is to forget her,break off all contact with her and move on.
I respond to this thread because I had this same thing happen to me last week with a woman that has hopes of getting back with her ex. Once you find out that she still has contact with her ex....run like a stripped butt ape and leave her to more problems with her ex. Sounds like you were good to her,so run brother and know that you deserve better than to be treated like she is!
 Cookie100161
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/4/2012 9:05:29 AM
move on, but dont stop talking to her. im sorry but women kinda suck after they been thru a divorce or 2. they want something that doesnt exsist. and will never find. we wouldnt be in these situations if we were perfect. its about choices and working hard at those choices. go out an keep looking. but keep her on the shelf . she might figure it out in 5 yrs or sooner but not likely. i think most men are ass kickers and know what they want and will work hard at it. you a keeper. they just dont know. good luck Champ
 Cookie100161
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/4/2012 9:06:59 AM
move on, but dont stop talking to her. im sorry but women kinda suck after they been thru a divorce or 2. they want something that doesnt exsist. and will never find. we wouldnt be in these situations if we were perfect. its about choices and working hard at those choices. go out an keep looking. but keep her on the shelf . she might figure it out in 5 yrs or sooner but not likely. i think most men are ass kickers and know what they want and will work hard at it. you a keeper. they just dont know. good luck Champ
 PureSentiment
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:25:05 PM
Time for the no contact rule. Move on!
I bet she also texts the ex!!!!! just womans intuition!
 LathaMath
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:17:14 PM
I would not contact her but if she contacts you I see nothing wrong with the occasional night out if you enjoy her company. However keep looking and dating other women.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:31:27 PM
It sounds like she started to date too soon after her breakup, & she needs time to grieve that before she can move on. I would continue to date others, I know you like her, but you can't count on her to be there for you in a relationship. Move on, if you wait around for her, you're wasting valuable time. You deserve someone who wants the same things that you do.
 professora
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:05:37 PM
I was dumped Nov 2013--- and just begin to think about dating again.

its ageless--this desire to meet some one(:
 sunnydaysss
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/8/2014 11:58:13 AM
Hi there, I can understand something happening during a relationship that is unexpected
But the reason she gave you she already knew about before entering a relationship with you
Not only that she sang every note to get your hopes up and believe this was going to be something meaningful
This is not a nice thing to do to anybody and remember that when getting over her.
 Olympian2121
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/8/2014 12:04:13 PM
Move on , and cut all contact. Meaning lose her number and block her on your phone. Otherwise youre just going to get strung along until she meets someone she wants to be with.

When women say things like that, it just means shes not into you that much. If she was, she wouldn't need to sort her life out.

man up, and cut all contact and don't look back.
 Cycling99
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/8/2014 3:31:25 PM
Brah, on behalf of everyone here and around the world: we all love u. Move on! Let it go!
 Supersoulson
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/8/2014 3:34:13 PM
Considering this topic began Feb 2012 I should hope the OP has moved on by now.....doesn't anyone check the date of the original post before posting ??????
 sunnydaysss
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/8/2014 4:19:43 PM
Yes I did, well I knew when he mentioned December we had been together for two months:)
But sometimes these threads go out to a wider audience in similar situations so you post anyway:)
 cooldog65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2014 7:51:49 PM
Considering this topic began Feb 2012 I should hope the OP has moved on by now.....doesn't anyone check the date of the original post before posting ??????

Not only that, but the OP deleted his profile shortly after. This thread is dead, but a certain somebody decided to revive it.

Humans...
 forumreaderisall
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 1:47:02 PM

This thread is dead, but a certain somebody decided to revive it.

But then we're told to search for already existing titles instead of creating a new one that is already addressed.

I came here because the same thing happened to me just last night. A situation of logistics, (living 88 miles apart), was the reason for the demise of a relationship that showed some promise. It's hard enough to find someone you click with at this age but then add the difficulty of blending two adult lives and it almost becomes a practice in futility. We weren't enthralled to the point where heartbreak is a factor but it surely clouded my hopes of a possible relationship ever happening when the multitude of variables are set against it. While I don't like living alone I also don't like the thought of growing old alone, if that makes sense. It's pretty apparent that is what is going to happen though. Just too many things have to click and in nine years I have yet to encounter it. Til death do us part is really the only way to go it appears IF you want to be in a relationship, else I'm just chasing my tail, or other's as it may be. It's disheartening, and tiring, futile.
 babiebird
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/10/2014 2:57:26 PM
respect what she said.
 babiebird
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/10/2014 2:58:05 PM
I hope he respected what she said.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >