Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BusySocially
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential parthers?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Bloody hell it happenned to me 38 meet a man no kds i fall pregnant i do have a beautiful 11 yr old daughter now but he has met some1 new 42 and having another baby all i can say is have fun but i love my girrl to bits
 BusySocially
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential parthers?
Posted: 3/8/2013 5:35:53 AM
well i reckon u the type to have an instant famly kids r great and hey if u dont have any u die lonely
 BusySocially
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 5:39:07 AM
Parents r awesome my 11 yr old is a pocket rocket and i wouldnt be without her
 ksayer1
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 7:31:58 AM
Just thought i would throw a happy ending story in here
My sister had 3 kids, 2 under 1yr old (twins) when she met her now husband.
He fell in love with her and wanted a big family. The fact that part of it came pre-made was fine with him. They now have 2 more children together and a nice life. It is fun being at their house, so funny to watch a pack of kids 4 of them 5yrs and under plus 2 dogs! It is a mad house (even though the kids are well behaved) and they thrive on it. There is a lot of laughter and little voices chattering. You just have to be carefull not to step on any of them lol!!
 Kigstar
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 12:36:33 PM
people should heavily invest in birth control and abortions.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 2:58:35 PM

That many kids to most guys will throw up red flags. It looks like a setup for a trap.

I wonder what she is using for bait?

Hint: It's not cheese....
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:58:34 PM
Well thats a big responsibility....so I could see why you havent gotten any responses
Also men want to know, am I going to be primarily supporting these children or will dad/s be helping
You have to think about all that.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/9/2013 4:40:00 AM
Message: Just thought i would throw a happy ending story in here
My sister had 3 kids, 2 under 1yr old (twins) when she met her now husband.
He fell in love with her and wanted a big family. The fact that part of it came pre-made was fine with him. They now have 2 more children together and a nice life. It is fun being at their house, so funny to watch a pack of kids 4 of them 5yrs and under plus 2 dogs! It is a mad house (even though the kids are well behaved) and they thrive on it. There is a lot of laughter and little voices chattering. You just have to be carefull not to step on any of them lol!!

Five kids and two dogs I would have to be out of my mind. Ok that's like one in a milion storiy. How many of u wants four or five kids in here now be honest? Bc to feed them cloth them send of to college help to get a car n so on. I don't want to live of state to many ppl do that I don't want to be poor bc kids constantly need things. The guy had to out of his mind or super rich or ur sis in walking supermodel lol. Two is more then plenty for me n please one dog is crazy enough. Now just waiting to meet husband first n than have kids. Not have kids n then wonder why on one wants me. It's 21 century. With condoms pills n spermicides n other things women shouldn't get preagnant unless she really wants to
 ksayer1
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:16:24 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think there is just something fundimentaly wrong with some one who takes a story like that and instead of saying ''that is nice, there may be the right person for me out there no matter what my situation''
You rip it a part? That says way more about your attitude and out look than you can imagine.
It would be great if life turned out just the way we planned and gave us everything we want because we feel we made the right choices.
But that isn't life. In this case fate did smile on my sister and her husband. :)!!!!
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/9/2013 9:22:14 AM
Ur sis is very lucky one then. I constantly see post where parents say that they can't find a date bc lot of ppl don't want someonelses kids responsibility. She really is one in a milion. One lucky girl that's all. But that's is not norm n really does happen
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 174
Posted: 3/9/2013 1:40:17 PM
Ya big time. So some poor guy gets to deal with all of YOUR kids, adjust his life 120% for all their activities, feed them, never have a quiet moment, and now needs to be concerned about trading in the mini-van for a small bus. If he doesn't have 4 kids himself, then the focus is all on yours. The imbalance of him having to readjust and focus all his attention on your kids rather than his will drive him nuts. If any of them have behaviour issues he is trapped. He can't really do much about it, just try and maintain his sanity. And I guarantee that with four kids no doubt being young, there are behaviour issues. If not some special ones, then at least all the behaviours of kids going thru their developmental stages.

You better be a damn good cook and good in the sack without being so fertile if you want to be taken care of.
 mominmichigan
Msg: 175
Posted: 3/9/2013 6:54:16 PM
Well I have 5 and have met a couple very nice guys on here that do not mind that I have 5 children.
I clearly put in my profile that I am NOT looking for a baby daddy as they have a great dad and its true. My kids are NOT around and WILL NOT meet a man untill I am sure that it is going some where good. I work hard to support my children.

Be patient. I put what im looking for and what I am not looking for in my post. Its simple. Either they message me or they dont. I do message men and have heard back from a few.. again be patient.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 176
Posted: 3/9/2013 7:02:48 PM
They all say they aren't looking for a baby daddy. What else are they supposed to say. And usually you're right. They aren't looking for the daddy. Their kids can act like idiots and you aren't allowed to step in and parent. You're not the daddy. You're just there to feed them and drive them to their appointments and provide a roof for them. Women in survival mode will do and say anything if it is for their kids. The partner is an afterthought.
 cooldog65
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential partners?
Posted: 3/10/2013 8:42:02 AM
In my opinion anything over 3 is a lot. Just my perception. Also, age of the kids is a factor in how much time they have for dating/relationships.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 178
Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential partners?
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:06:49 AM
All I have to say is DONT DO IT. U will have to deal with canceled dates broken promises parent be to busy to tied or/ and broke to do anything U can forget about going on vacation unless u want to go to Disney n deals ith more that just those with u screaming. Forget about romantic weekends or evening. U going to become more n more as free babysitter n vallet regards of then saying they have enough. Insed paying for dinner for two in some fancy intalian place u will pay for four or five in kids friendly dinner or chukie cheeses. And dealing with ex n court dates. N just being happy with left over crumbs comming last On Her / his list. No one normal wants that. N I'm talking experience here more than once I tried. U do what u want but it's just fair warning DONT DO IT
 prime ribb
Msg: 179
Posted: 3/11/2013 7:36:32 AM

Darling, you missed the point... I do have kids also, 50% custody, and I do not have the urge to announce to the world that "they will ALWAYS come 1st"! - IT IS A GIVEN. - When a woman feels the need to say that in her profile, it means that SHE will be using her kids, as EXCUSES, to flake on the men or get out of binds that she does no longer want to go to, or men she does not want to see anymore...INSTEAD OF BEING TRUTHFUL, and telling the man that she is not interested anymore. There are certain people when you meet them, that exude "whining, drama, problems" and saying that your children will always come first.... is simply a warning sign! be fore warned!

My first time posting in this section, but I have to agree with the excuse part. Before I updated my profile I was getting hit up by women with kids. I would mostly get hit up by women with two or more kids. Some would be grade school age and others would be teens to young adult. While there are some reasons that are legit, other reasons are a bit suspect. I give the benefit doubt but I learned the benefit should be earned and not given lightly. I have no probs with women with children, but I just prefer to be with a woman with either one kid or zero. I also get turned off when a woman who has children allows them to run wild and take advantage of her because she's afraid to discipline them. I have zero patience for kids who are disrespectful.
 yourheartsdesire1234
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/11/2013 9:25:54 AM
Heres a story of a lovely lady,who was bringing up three very lovely girls,or 4. The brady bunch is a fairytale.
 Strings6
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:04:59 PM
is it realy that hard to figure out that situations involving a lot of potential problems will cause many people to move on,do people in general want more perplexing issues and potential problems and in their life. ? do they seek or avoid these things ?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:43:28 AM
For guys who already have kids is not so much of an issue, there is enough in the brady bunch already!
For guys without kids... who want kids long term??? its a case of wanting different things in life
 zaxx1953
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:27:12 AM
Wait, did this dude say that for guys who already have kids GETTING 4 MORE THAT ARENT YOURS TO CLOTHE, FEED, EDUCATE, SHELTER, SAVE FOR COLLEGE FOR, TRANSPORT, MENTOR, LOVE...ETC. ETC. is "NO BIG DEAL"/?

**HEAD ASSPLODES**

Everyone knows the answer to the OP's question: yes, for anyone with decent prospects as a dater 4 kids is going to either completely disqualify you as a potential mate or put a HUGE red flag up/. One is manageable....2 is already extreme to deal with....4....are you kidding me.

Make better decisions when it comes to who to have kids with...or avail yourself of your womanly reproductive rights before or post conception.

Why with 4 kids you think you need to be dating is beyond me anyway. Learn to take care of your CHILDREN and buy a Hitachi for those lonely nights.
 SumyungKupl
Msg: 184
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:36:07 AM
if you make it about you and not about the kids it shouldnt be a problem. i have a huge problem when women are taking a million pics with their babies and kids and putting em on here like we even give a shit. most people are looking to hook up first and then fall in love second. they are wanting to take care of immediate needs.
 sunsunsunandmoresun
Msg: 185
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:38:21 AM
Most women can't juggle a romantic relationship with only ONE child nevermind 4 !

So, my answer is YES !
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:13:38 PM
To zaxx1953

Read post #189 bro. Thats what i was referring to. He has his own kids and would take on another 4 count!!

I don't have kids nor would I date a women with kids. I gotta contribute to the gene pool, not fawn over the offspring of another dude... some dude where the mother made a bad choice
 JohnnieRaIsGod
Msg: 187
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:51:02 PM
I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I have two of my own...
If we hooked up, that would be six kids at any one time...
It would take a VERY special woman who has four kids for me to date her...
I will not message anyone with more than two....
BUT, that's just me!
There is more than onee guy who I'm sure would date you and have no problem!
Good luck....
 halolight402
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/4/2014 10:44:05 AM
I am single, never married, and no kids and I know someone who is a single mom of 4 kids. She was a wonderful lady. I went to several dates with her and even met her family several times. I was always honest with her when I said that I wouldn't marry anyone who has 4 kids, none of which I am the father of. But she hoped that I would change my mind, but I never did. I was never going to marry anyone, but if I did, I would have married someone who didn't already have kids, had my own biological kids with the spouse, and started a family of my own. I will say this. If a single mom of 4 kids wants to get married, she NEEDS to say on her profile that she wants to get married someday (POF has that option), and not just say long term. This is so that if a guy doesn't want to marry anyone, especially someone with kids, he can know right away and move on to the next profile. Dating someone with 4 kids is completely different from marrying someone with 4 kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >