Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Defunding Planned Parenthood-A Painful Betrayal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 76
Defunding Planned Parenthood-A Painful BetrayalPage 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Yet you didnt mention is the fact the same amount of people get seen and they are being seen on the ability to pay some are free some are reduced. The facility is the only place changing not the services or the funding. Even if they go to county theres donations and contribution allotments there as well! Also men get included in this screening ... yes men get breast cancer too! They cant go to planned parenthood! Access is available and affordable to everyone!

Uhhh...men are seen at PP too....so, your point is???? Less access is better??? Or is your point an inditement against PP based on???
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 77
Defunding Planned Parenthood-A Painful Betrayal
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:38:19 PM
ffs sakes its not less access! the services are still provided at many other facilities! They can go to hospitals, clinics, primary physicians, health fairs etc there are so many outreach programs out there nowadays. I think at this point your just arguing just to argue!?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:58:44 PM
ffs sakes its not less access! the services are still provided at many other facilities! They can go to hospitals, clinics, primary physicians, health fairs etc there are so many outreach programs out there nowadays. I think at this point your just arguing just to argue!?

Really? You mean removing services for the 5,000,00 people seen annually by PP that are primarily funded thru private donations would not be reducing access???... and placing the financial burden of replacing these services provided by PP squarely on the backs of taxpayers is the preferred method of paying for these services...uninsureds have primary physicians???really???
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:28:47 PM
Do you really think planned parenthood is the end all in breast exams please! Im a nurse I been in public health for almost 30 years plus Im a woman with breasts! Donations come and go, get switched here n there throughout! Its not like theyve pocketed the money had they of not gone back to pp they would have put it somewhere else your gettin worked up over nothing. Have a lovely day whats left of it!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:41:48 PM

Do you really think planned parenthood is the end all in breast exams please! Im a nurse I been in public health for almost 30 years plus Im a woman with breasts! Donations come and go, get switched here n there throughout! Its not like theyve pocketed the money had they of not gone back to pp they would have put it somewhere else your gettin worked up over nothing. Have a lovely day whats left of it!

No I don't think that PP is all that...they are another supplier of needed services to people whom are uninsured, poor, and underserved. PP has been one of the leaders in providing contraceptive and reproductive education services since 1916...yes, they are just one of a myriad of providers...I just am totally missing your point about PP....is it that they are redundant???not necessary....don't provide a service???that the millions of uninsured people they serve annually can just move on to their "primary doctor" (said with sarcasm)...it does seem as though you've some axe to grind about PP services....why don't you just be truthful and tell us what your real beef is???
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/6/2012 5:21:54 PM
Not all poor people get Medicaid. There are people who make just enough money to not be considered "poor", but have no way to pay for health care, as all their money goes to bills & food & basic essentials.

I went to Planned Parenthood when i was a scared, young 19 year old with an unplanned pregnancy, who did not want an abortion. They gave me a professional pregnancy test, a prenatal exam, an ultrasound, prenatal vitamins, & counseling about ALLmy options, & charged me on a sliding scale. I am forever thankful that they exist.

The one in my area, offers on-site mammograms, low cost birth control, low cost vasectomies for men, & tubals, prenatal care, STD treatment, Pap Smears, Cervical & ovarian Cancer screening & treatments, Menopause & Menstruation issues, HPV & HIV testing, & Prenatal care, as well as counseling services, pelvic exams, UTI treatment, Pelvic infection treatment, & they charge on a sliding scale. Some people even pay full fee's if they are not considered low income.

Oh, and some locations offer services to men as well, from the PP website in my area:

Men’s Sexual Health Services at Planned Parenthood
Services offered at Planned Parenthood health centers vary by location. Some of the services include

checkups for reproductive or sexual health problems
colon cancer screening
erectile dysfunction services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
jock itch exam and treatment
male infertility screening and referral
premature ejaculation services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
routine physical exams
testicular cancer screenings
prostate cancer screenings
urinary tract infections testing and treatment
vasectomy

I cant imagine why anyone would not support Planned Parenthood, unless they hate women, & hate womens choice, as well as hating men, & hating the fact that everyone should have healthcare.

And yes, they offer abortion services, as one of the many services they offer. What is wrong with that? Women have a right to choose if they want to continue a pregnancy or not, would you rather PP perform an abortion for someone who does not want to birth a child, or would you rather see that child tossed in a dumpster as a newborn, or starved and neglected & unwanted?
 unYOUsual
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:35:53 AM
Point is that people like you like to argue that PP is the only option for poor women..was just pointing out that there were 13 additional places for them to receive free services that were not PP.Planned Parenthood is not the only game in town as you libs would like everyone to believe but they are the main source for ABORTION procedures..

Sad to see that Libs can't see how wrong it is for the Government to fund abortion even indirectly....

I guess that's what happens when people adhere to the same ideology as Margaret Sanger...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:57:30 AM

Point is that people like you like to argue that PP is the only option for poor women..was just pointing out that there were 13 additional places for them to receive free services that were not PP.Planned Parenthood is not the only game in town as you libs would like everyone to believe but they are the main source for ABORTION procedures..

Sad to see that Libs can't see how wrong it is for the Government to fund abortion even indirectly....

I guess that's what happens when people adhere to the same ideology as Margaret Sanger...

You see...it wasn't so hard to say that you feel you've the right to choose for a woman...that you wish to deny her her right to choice....and that that is the only arguement that you have with PP...

No PP isn't the only game in town...they are one of the more visable ones...more reliable than health fairs that may or may not be available when one needs them, PP provides services to men (unlike what one poster posted)...1 in 5 women utilize PP services...so, nope PP isn't the only game in town...you just wish they went uinfunded because you feel qualified to deny women the benefit of chosing what is right for their bodies.

Ah yes...the rightwingnut position that PP funds abortions with tax dollars....you should have thrown a little birther craype in that statement...because it has just as much truth.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:18:30 AM
Karen Handel is resigning to spend more time making decisions about other people's families and probably end working for Fox News.

APNewsBreak: Komen exec quits after funding flap
Feb 7, 11:53 AM EST
By RAY HENRY, Associated Press

ATLANTA (AP) -- A high-ranking official resigned Tuesday from the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer charity after a dispute over whether the group should give funding to Planned Parenthood, according to a letter obtained by The Associated Press.

Karen Handel, the charity's vice president for public policy, told Komen officials that she supported the move to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood. She said the discussion started before she arrived at the organization and was approved at the highest levels of the charity...

Read more at: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PLANNED_PARENTHOOD_KOMEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Related note:

For more information on the BS pink ribbons campaigns check out this tailor for documentary that will shed some light on these money making scams disguised as charities.

'Pink Ribbons, Inc.': New Movie Explores the Controversy Behind Breast Cancer Charity

Many people were shocked and surprised this week by Susan G. Komen for the Cure's controversial decision to yank a grant to Planned Parenthood, a move that seemed to place priorities other than women's health ahead of the Komen foundation's mission of fighting breast cancer. But perhaps there would have been less shock if people had seen "Pink Ribbons, Inc.," a new Canadian documentary that explores the apparent corporate capture of breast cancer activism, observing that such philanthropic organizations -- and Komen in particular -- seem to place a higher priority on giving positive publicity to their corporate partners than on actually finding a cause and a cure for breast cancer. The movie opens in theaters across Canada on February 3 and is currently making the rounds on the festival circuit in the United States...

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/02/03/pink-ribbons-breast-cancer-movie_n_1252824.html?ref=moviefone&just_reloaded=1
 dsljim
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:41:39 AM
Go to YouTube, search " planned parenthood advances the eugenics agenda " it's on Alex Jones channel.
It opened my eyes to the Direct link between abortion and breast cancer.
I wonder if they will allow " Pink Ribbons Inc. " to be shown in the USA?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:59:55 AM
Many of Komen's corporate sponsors are also contributors to breast cancer via poisonous perfumes, toxic processes and products, as well as packaging. These corporate polluters both benefit from the pinkwashing, but also from Komen helping them deny the links between causal chemicals and cancer.
http://motherjones.com/environment/2011/09/breast-cancer-komen-bpa
 part deux
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 5:01:12 PM
I have always found Komen elitest. For example, in my city participants in the "Walk for the cure" have to have raised a lot of money to be able to participate. I have personally known some people who have lost a loved one and wanted to do the walk, but were unable to because they did not have the minimum amount of sponsers. I am not sure of the exact amount, but it is a few thousand.
 part deux
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 6:50:16 PM
That's really interesting, could this have been a special edition of the race? It was in conjunction with a local hospital, and two people I worked with and my cousin were not able to join as they did not have the nessesary amount of sponsers/money. If I remember correctly, it was over a few days.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 1:59:20 AM
Oklahoma introduced yet another bill attacking womens' rights. I like the tactic employed by one lawmaker to propose a ban on sperm spillage.
http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/02/07/the-one-where-an-oklahoma-lawmaker-tries-to-ban-depositing-semen-in-places-that-are-not-a-womans-vagina/

“However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.”

Senator Johnson has a good idea and I wish she had followed through in the theatre of the absurd.
 trinity818
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 5:32:42 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/02/07/the-one-where-an-oklahoma-lawmaker-
tries-to-ban-depositing-semen-in-places-that-are-not-a-womans-vagina/

OMG. You had me going there for a few minutes...

“However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.”

I was thinking WTH is this??? Then I read your link. You left out the 2nd to last paragraph of the article.

"I guess we should mention that Senator Johnson wasn’t being serious. She filed the amendment in jest and even voted to table it later in the day. Apparently she just wanted to point out the absurdity of the Personhood movement and its sexist undertones."

Thank goodness.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 5:39:43 PM
It was a good tactic to point out the absurdity of the play known as the US con-gress, the opposite of progress, leading us boldly into the 17th century or back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

Seriously though...the rapid pace of devolution is stunning, almost as if an asteroid of stupidity hit the planet and nobody noticed. Idiocracy...beam us up..or down..or whatever.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/10/2012 4:07:07 PM
The plot thickens.

Komen Exec Karen Handel Calls Planned Parenthood a ‘Gigantic Bully’

Feb 10, 2012 8:52 AM EST

Author: Abigail Pesta

In an interview with The Daily Beast, former Komen VP Karen Handel says Planned Parenthood broke a secret pact and launched an ‘Armageddon.’ She calls the organization ‘a gigantic bully, using Komen as its own personal punching bag.’

Did Planned Parenthood cut a secret deal to keep silent about losing funding from the cancer-fighting Susan G. Komen foundation—and then break the deal?

That is precisely what Karen Handel alleges. Handel, a senior Komen executive, resigned this week amid a scandal over the charity’s controversial decision to stop funding Planned Parenthood.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Handel said Komen and Planned Parenthood in December had come to an understanding—a “ladies’ agreement,” as Handel described it—not to discuss the fact that Komen had decided to cut its financial support. In the past two weeks, the Komen foundation—best known for its hugely popular pink-ribbon campaigns to fight breast cancer—has been embroiled in a politically tinged crisis, with critics claiming the decision suggested a lack of support for abortion rights. In response, Komen reversed its decision...

Read more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/10/komen-exec-karen-handel-calls-
planned-parenthood-a-gigantic-bully.html
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/13/2012 4:36:04 AM
Apparently, the foundation to find the "Cure" doesn't actually spend much of it's revenue on finding the "Cure"

The organization's 2011 financial statement reports that 43 percent of donations were spent on education, 18 percent on fund-raising and administration, 15 percent on research awards and grants, 12 percent on screening and 5 percent on treatment. (Various other items accounted for the rest.)

Aun did not immediately address the declining share of revenue that went to research in the past few years. In that period, Komen saw its annual revenue rise by almost $100 million to $420 million and increased its spending on education.

When informed of the figures, Komen supporter and widely-followed breast cancer blogger Lisa Bonchek Adams expressed surprise. The Connecticut mother of three was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006, ran her first "Race for the Cure" in 2008, and raised $15,000 for Komen in 2009.

Although Adams knew that Komen spends a large fraction of its revenue on raising awareness of breast cancer and promoting screening, she said that the much smaller amount that goes to finding a cure "is definitely a concern; 15 percent is shockingly small."

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/02/12/Komen-Charity-Under-Microscope.aspx#page2
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 5:32:53 AM
Komen has long been a partisan organization. Brinkers helped G. W. Bush get the Governorship and Presidency via their efforts as "Bush Pioneers". Komen also aligned itself with PR firms, insurance industries, and others to oppose the Patients Bill of Rights.
http://southernstudies.org/2012/02/flashback-how-the-komen-foundation-fights-health-reform-and-fails-cancer-patients.html

Komen has also fought off research into the causes of breast and cervical cancer, siding instead with their relationships with toxic industries and inter-locking boards to pretend to focus on the chemical "cures" instead of prevention. It went to far as to align itself with KFCs toxic Buckets for the Cure.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/01/1060885/-Behind-the-Pink-Curtain-Komens-Political-Agenda?via=siderec

Even more evil is the Komen dependency on blaming the victims of cancers instead of the environmental factors that are causal.
http://www.breastcancerfund.org/media/press-releases/institute-of-medicine-report.html

Komen is just part of the Cancer Industrial Complex dedicated to lies about the cause and preventing those who help cause cancers, evade responsibility, hiding behind the pink curtain.
http://bcaction.org/our-take-on-breast-cancer/politics-of-breast-cancer/the-cancer-industry/
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:12:23 AM
Susan G. Kommen founder Nancy Brinker billed the foundation $133,507 in expenses while she was working full-time for President Bush. So send more money. You know, for breast cancer .

Komen Founder Nancy Brinker’s Mysterious Expense Report
Feb 13, 2012 4:45 AM EST
by: Abigail Pesta and Aram Roston

Nancy Brinker, the powerhouse founder of the embattled Komen Foundation, billed her charity for $133,507 in expenses at a time when she had a full-time job elsewhere. Abigail Pesta and Aram Roston report on how her lavish spending and controversial leadership style alienated some staffers...

Read more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/13/komen-founder-nancy-brinker-s-puzzling-expense-report.html
 Aries_328
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2012 8:28:00 AM
Maybe she should just close up shop and avoid all the attention?

In the 30 years since she launched the foundation, Brinker has raised some $1.9 billion for cancer research. More than 100,000 volunteers work in a nationwide network of affiliates. It was all Brinker’s vision—she started the charity after her sister, Susan G. Komen, died of breast cancer in her mid-30s.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/14/2012 8:37:01 AM

Maybe she should just close up shop and avoid all the attention?

Many former Komen executive's have called for her resignation...saying it's time for her to step down.
 1 darkstar
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:52:17 AM
Planned Parenthood is a EUGENICS corporation. They have never gone away. Do the research.
 part deux
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:49:42 AM
Did you even read this thread? Your comment makes no sense, no one said that PP has "gone away". You just want to grind your axe.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:09:05 AM
Where's my gawddayum tinfoilhelmet??? those dayum conspiracy theory microwaves are starting to give me another headache.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Defunding Planned Parenthood-A Painful Betrayal