Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
Date/Movie Night at the Home: How soon before you go? Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Funny, I just bumped into a youngster I knew at the mall, he and his female friends were hanging out...I'm assuming b/c he still lives with his parents. So for some, a night at home means parents are involved. Me, I moved out when I was 18 and had no roomates, so I hadn't even thought about date night at home having that figured in. But here up north, I do realize there are months out of the year (between Christmas and any other holiday event) when there ain't much to do on a twenty degree night, so you might as well do something fun at home.
 Maleman999
Msg: 17
Date/Movie Night at the Home: How soon before you go?
Posted: 11/1/2013 7:23:55 PM

I do realize there are months out of the year (between Christmas and any other holiday event) when there ain't much to do on a twenty degree night, so you might as well do something fun at home.

On those kind of days, do you combine movie night with "Let's shovel the snow out of my driveway first"?
 Ainen
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/2/2013 6:33:00 AM
It can be the second date. Things can progress quickly enough for both to feel comfortable. Sex is not a guarantee! Women get cold feet.

Early this year, dead of winter, cold, early sunsets so couldn't do my favorite strategy of meeting outside - first date a full dinner at a nice restaurant. Walked her to her car and we made out for a long time. It made sense for second date in a private setting. She lived with her parents so my place was logical. She suggested we both make dinner together at my place, then cuddle on the couch to watch a movie.

Postponed the first planned night because she forgot she had to work that night. The rescheduled night began well: she showed up on time and my dogs approved of her. Things went downhill when she read and answered texts and declined my invitations for her to participate in the meal preparation. She seemed withdrawn. She picked the rented movie, saying her friends recommended it. The movie was all about sex, not dirty, not a chick flick, therefore an ideal choice. Her friends probably wanted to help her get laid. Nothing happened during the movie. After the movie ended, she did not stay the night, and what we did at the end was much less than on the first date. When she got home, she sent a cold email "just letting you know I got home safely". She didn't answer my response, and when I contacted her several days later, she picked a fight that ended with her saying "friends for now" which always means it's over.

Another time I met a girl on a walk. When we reached my car, I got her contact info. First date was another walk; it was good weather for December. Second date was an evening at her place. Dinner consisted of a cup of tea (her stove wasn't working and she didn't feel like going out in the bitter cold). Instead of a movie, we watched a show she liked, Downton Abbey. We also spent a lot of time on her laptop; she wanted me to fix computer problems, the tech equivalent of using someone for handyman labor. She resisted my mild attempts at romance. On the bright side, got to meet her dog and play with him. Third date wasn't great, then she sent an email saying she'd be busy for a while.
 Ainen
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/6/2013 5:01:03 PM
Another time when the second date was a movie and dinner at one person's home, then she got cold feet:

I was to drive to her place with a movie, then stay through dinner, just her and me and her pets. About 24 hours before, she changed the plans to invite her brother, multiple cousins and their families for the dinner. She told me through bipolar messages on two sites. The Facebook message had the positive spin of my getting to meet the family and we all could watch a game together. The POF message read like a threat, saying the 6'4" cousins wanted to meet me. When we spoke on the phone, she said her brother said I just wanted sex. I told her it sounds like I shouldn't bring her flowers because that would upset the family.

Her pets approved of me and watching the movie went well. We kissed multiple times. When the family members arrived, things went fine. I talked with them about guy stuff. No dysfunction towards me, but the cousins and brother offered to vandalize her ex husband's new home. This shows what might happen if she got mad at me.

Her online friends gave her different advice. One told her to answer the door in lingerie. Another told her to tie me to her bed.
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/6/2013 5:42:29 PM
I have also had many dates over to my place, dinner, music, sitting out on the deck talking, drinking, watching the sunset over the ocean....and send them home in a taxi. Sometimes covered in baby oil and wrapped in a shower curtain, but that's just because they asked for a full body massage....
 chill78
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/6/2013 7:25:05 PM
It depends on the people involved and their comfort level.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >