Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 indinile
Msg: 4
view profile
History
ConfidencePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I had extreme confidence as a child, that was only sought to bash out of me by the said same teachers. I remember being caught staring out the window..the classic isnt it, and when the so called 'teacher' said..'you girl..you staring out of the window..what do you have to say for yourself'..? I said...'what is this life..if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?' to which the indignant reply was not that of praise, it was exasperation as I had used my confidence and challenge that man...and I was only nine.

I'm not fond of teachers..still
 indinile
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 2/4/2012 12:10:31 PM
it's William Henry Davies poem...'what is this life, if full of care'
I used to read those huge red encycopedias as a kid when I was bored, being over fifty, there was not much we could do to entertain ourselves in those days.

I don't want to bash teachers, but I do have bad experiences. At seven I was told to stand on my chair in class for talking. I did just that, and then weed all over ..that was not a tactically gesture, it was shear fright. Can you imagine the impact on a child at that age..the shame of it also. and there is more..there are reams of bad experiences which is why with my own children, I told them if they were ever scared or uneasy at school , they were to go straight to the headmistress and insist on coming home... because it was not going to happen to them. And guess what, they never did do that..they dealt with everything themselves..even bullying. Im proud of my lad that followed a boy home, banged on his door and told his mother that if her son and his friends did not stop calling him names and making his life a mysery..he could stop him himself..and he did just that. it is such a hard job to teach children, and they deserve every penny they get..but do a good job...be mindful of what you tell them because it's in there for life..
 mysteriosa
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:02:54 PM
I would say that confidence can inspire trust and can also be fun. Arrogance, on the other hand, comes across as thoughtless and can hurt people. I know which I'd prefer.
 bhawk01
Msg: 9
Confidence
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:57:17 PM
ahhh but what if you are superior
 LyamB
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Want to earn extra cash with AVON?
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:54:54 PM
I've always considered myself confident. But whilst I may be confident in one thing, I may also lack confidence in others. On the whole, I'm a confident person though and no one would describe me negatively.

Under-confident | Confident | Arrogance
 Knight_Time_Noodle
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:43:28 PM

then you can buy all your own samples books and even all paperworks and your delivery bags .
watch your hard earnd cash go straight back into avon .
Samples the agent has to buy for the customer to try avon gives nothing for nothing .

been there done it wore the tshirt .
Its a pass time not a big earner .

You work your we butt of and let them at top of the piramide reep all the rewards .

+1

As someone else said, whether someone is confident or arrogant is often dependent on the interpretation/mindset of the person on the receiving end. Would Usain Bolt been seen as arrogant if he was asked if he thinks he is the fastest man on earth and he said yes? He would be effectively caling himself superior to others and whilst someone such as myself would just think he was telling the truth, someone else may think he was at best being a 'big head' and at worst an arrogant so and so.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:09:00 PM
People that I have worked with think I am very confident until they find out otherwise. At work I am confident but in most other aspects I am the total opposite.

I can't use public transport, it terrifies me, I am the sort of person that you will find hiding in a corner at parties, I hate going places or meeting people that I don't have something in common with but in a one to one situation with someone that starts a conversation about something interesting I can talk the hind legs off a donkey - doesn't actually matter if I have a lot of knowledge, I can still debate it.

Maybe that's why I like the forums so much. I can debate/comment without real life interaction

I hate my lack of confidence, it restricts me in so many ways but I just can't get past it.
 Jo van
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:26:22 PM
I think it's fine to be confident, if that confidence is based on a realistic appraisal and knowledge of your own capabilities, and not at all delusional. .
I'm confident about the things I know I can do, I lack confidence to do the things, which I know I can't.

Arrogance can also accompany justifiable confidence, or it can be based on completely delusional opinions of your own abilities.
It's more about how a person presents themselves.
Capable people can be just as arrogant as incapable people, who are still massively confident, but that confidence isn't matched by their ability.

Confidence is a good thing, IMO if it's based on reality, and knowledge.
Arrogance is unnecessary, regardless of ability IMO.

It was all much clearer, before I started trying to explain it.....
 *rem*
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:49:51 PM
There is a difference between being sure of yourself and telling other people how good your are.

Although I don't really have a problem with people being arrogant, if it's justified and/or they've got the skills to back up their words.

Arrogance is far better than false modesty though.

I was in two minds but now i'm sure. You don't have a clue.

vvvvv
Of course not. Having the attention span of fruit wouldn't help in forming an opinion.

Edit to your edit: Maybe its my attention span but... what did i object to on this thread? On other threads there are plenty of people who understand the words i type. The fact you don't, well... thats you.
 *rem*
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:21:50 PM

Arrogance stems from an underlying insecurity about your ability and talent, which is why people tend to put others down.

Sounds like many women on pof forums. Get your baps out on your profile and increase your pulling power exponentially.. or get your nob out privately and you're a perv. Double standards, arrogance, insecurity and hypocricy all rolled into one.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >