Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you go back to an Ex you really cared about?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Would you go back to an Ex you really cared about?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Yes for the one who made my world complete just to be in here presence. The break up was due to her emotional problems associated with her hyperthyroidism.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Would you go back to an Ex you really cared about?
Posted: 5/27/2012 12:18:15 AM
No way...it's too much fun to sit back and watch them screw up again.
 NotyouraverageD
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/28/2012 8:05:29 PM
Yes.
There are one or two women who I greatly regret ever letting get away from me.
Getting back together with them would allow me to correct an old mistake, or at least try.
 mynameisrick
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:45:02 PM
I was married to mine for more than 25 years, and have't seen, or talked to her in 10. Still hurts like hell every day, but HELL NO I WOULDN'T. They are ex's for a reason. They screwed you.You screwed them.You both screwed each other. Leave it at that and move on
 imrrc
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:08:31 PM
I married my ex because I was in love. 6 years later I divorced her because she was physically abusive. She told me after the divorce that 'maybe one day we will be different and can get along, like when we are 50". So, right before we turned 50 our son asked me to come over and we were going to dinner because his birthday was the day after mine. He said his mother was in town and she was going too. Well, I hadn't seen her in 15 years, she was remarried to a "yes ma'm" guy who was a bit jealous of anyone. I walk in my son's house, and she jumps up and hugs me, and is wearing very short shorts, and a Hendrix shirt. (I'm a big fan) She then said happy birthday and gave me a framed photo of me, her and our son on top of the world trade center in the 80s. And a box of homemade cookies. She wouldn't leave me alone. If her husband had seen the way she dressed and knew I went to dinner with them, he would have flipped. I went because my son asked me to. He said she had gotten a couple of years of counseling and was a different person.As we left the restaurant and I got in my car, I remembered her saying her saying "maybe one day..." and realized we were turning 50. She had a b-day a week later. This is a woman that stalked me for 2 years until I got a restraining order... the hair on my neck still stands up when I think about it. My point- I married her because I loved her, she will always be in my mind, not on my mind, because we were married. If she ever got divorced I would hide from her, but if she was on her death bed I would go see her as she was a big part of my life when we were young.
 tbicon
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:36:05 AM
I think sometimes it works but most of the time doesn't

I can tell you what the research says, and that is that 75% of these Rekindled relationships are successful, but there are some big caveats:

1) The EX generally is from youth or early adolescence, a first intense love at the time, broken up generally for reasons beyond the control of the lovers, i.e, moving away, parental interference, religious differences, that type of thing AND

2) Both parties must be available. If one or the other or both are already married when they rekindle, it is unlikely those relationships, usually secret relationships beyond the knowledge of the spouse, will survive.

So if Linus in middle age meets up with that little Red Headed girl he loved earlier in life, and she him, and they are both available when they do so, there is a very good chance that relationship will not only last, but will be wildly successful by almost all parameters.

These are true Love relationships, not relationships simply borne out of the need for companionship or loneliness.
 rapid99
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:18:26 PM
Me myself, right now id say my last ex yes, though certain issues that were there, would definitely have to be resolved, and those, at least the one im not sure it can be, due to imo, co dependency. Also, elvis song suspicious minds, plays a huge part......
 DallasSBF
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:06:22 PM
Ye, I would!!! If he would have me back; tomorrow, I would be ghost.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/18/2013 5:56:39 PM
Only one ex that meets all the criteria for possible re-play:
- I really care about him, in present tense, and
- we didn't break up by my choice, and
- we didn't break up due to any of my deal-breakers (e.g. cheating)

So, him I woul consider it if I also believed the reason he bailed has been resolved.

Otherwise, no, not even him or any other ex.
 brisco414
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:39:15 PM
Yes I would ...to one I was not married to. It is very unlikely our paths will ever cross again in this lifetime but but one never knows what the future holds.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:56:40 PM
No, no, no, no, and no. Did I say no? Ex's are EX'S for a reason!
 1WishList
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/18/2013 7:23:07 PM
There is much to be said for putting time in, living our own lives, maturing, becoming better people, kids older now which could alleviate some of the impediments that existed back then, so, I would possibly consider a new journey with an old flame.
I guess we never know until we're actually trying it on, now.
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/16/2013 12:05:25 PM
I might consider it with only one of my exes. I still believe he is a good man and I do care about him. The ending was primarily due to circumstances, but those circumstances haven’t changed, so we wouldn’t reunite. But I wouldn't preclude it just because he's an ex.
 lapsteelplayer
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:37:27 PM
I did. I ran into my ex girlfriend about 6 months after we broke up and we got back together and even moved in with each other for a second time. But the same issues came up again in almost exactly the same way. If it doesn't work the first time, it is not going to work the second.
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:40:21 PM
nope even if he radically changed my trust and feelings of care and concern
died a Long time ago
 All2rosie
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/20/2013 11:55:46 AM
Hmmmm.......................

....................................... Ahhh

Uhmmm........................

NO! no, no, no000, NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

If I still cared I would do it from afar. Don't do it I tell ya!
 kari135
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2013 4:00:30 PM
ummm......... No. There was a reason they became an ex, even the ones I'm still friends with (I'm also friends with their wives). If it didn't work then, it won't work now. Some things time just doesn't change.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/2/2013 8:37:40 AM
Only one, and she would have to come to me.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 11:59:12 AM
Probabaly not...Maybe, but I think the reason I would do this is to satisfy a childhood promise that I would do better than my parents. Plus she didnt stick around the first time, so Im thinking she wont be there the second time either.
All the math solved...the chances of it surviving are about as good as saving the marriage in the first place.
10%.
 forums1
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/2/2013 1:45:32 PM
Let me think back here... one that cheated? nope... next one after that? nope... and then.. nope... and oh yeah, no way in hell on the next... and... sensing a pattern here?

I'm a "never say never" person, so I wouldn't say it'll "never" happen, and its not that I don't "care about" them, I hope they are happy, or find happiness, certainly no "hatred" of them. Just not sure why I'd want to go through it again.
 DragonBits
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:40:08 PM
I really don't even like going back the same place or country for vacation.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:15:01 PM
If they are amenable then why not? Plenty do it. But it may be kind of settling for what is familiar. However the problems that parted you, would have to be resolved, wouldnt they?
 lightninbug22
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/6/2013 12:44:39 AM
Yes and no. Each situation is so different. Some of my exes are really good guys, we have all moved on, but I find it impossible to ever say never concerning if, someday we could or would get back together. Life is funny sometimes, you never know what can happen. Two of these guys and I have very successfully moved into friendship mode, we are Facebook friends and talk or e-mail regularly. One lives across the country from me, the other here in town. I know I am loved by both of them, but the type of love is different than in the past, though still special.

Some of my other exes destroyed my trust in them to the extent that I would never trust them again. I can most assuredly say NEVER!! concerning these guys.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2015 5:27:38 PM
Typically, I don't "miss" anyone.

Once you're gone, so long.

However, there is one woman that I would like to see (and rekindle old flames).

Never gonna' happen due to geography, but I will never forget her.
 Seki1949
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2015 8:56:17 PM
One I would; there's just something about a woman on stage in a formal black dress with a cello between her knees.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you go back to an Ex you really cared about?