Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Archangel_07
Msg: 44
Told me to get rid of my petsPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
BMB81,
you already got your answer out of this. This dude has control issues and to you, you think he's a jerk anyways so you got your answer on that. You're not compatible with him. I have a cat and if women have a problem with it, then don't date me.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 45
Told me to get rid of my pets
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:22:24 PM
I am not a cat person myself ..5 CATS!!
So tell us why you cant come to his house? That sounds very suspicious!!
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:36:24 PM
SPAY and NUETER ALL CATS YOU CLAIM!
And then round up the rest in traps (call animal control and ask for the trap) and send them to the shelter. 10 cats are alot.

Try not to become an animal hoarder. Spay and nuetering is your best weapon against collecting too many cats AND also great for keeping the ones you do have in small numbers and healthy.

As for the guy... dump him. Find somone who likes animals. Even cats. Better to get rid of him now and save yourself a headache later.
I get a hint that he's not all that into you anyways....
 ConnCat
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:00:20 AM
I have several large reptiles that are allowed to roam my house. Sometimes they slither into the bed. I never tell women ahead of time. It's my way of testing them. Stick to your guns!
 pink_poodle
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/6/2012 1:55:33 AM
Your animals love you unconditionally, forever. Can you say the same thing about this guy ?

My moto is there is no room in my home for someone who does not like animals.

Animals and children are a good judge of a person's nature.

Your new guy is selfish. You can always get another guy who will like you and your pets. An animal lover belongs with an animal lover.

You are not a crazy cat woman, you are a kindhearted soul that loves animals. I have three stray cats. I found one on a walking trail, one in a nature center, and the other one just showed up in my yard.

Keep on moving forward without this guy. If you are in here asking questions he is not the man for you.

Good Luck
 CapnRHHNY
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:49:58 AM
Any woman who wants to be in my life needs to know that my pets are part of my family. I grew up with dogs, and I currently have 2 cats that chose me - I didn't choose them. They are the best. You did the right thing in my opinion. The dude knew what he was getting into, and he thought he could just walk in and insert himself, project his will upon you. F&ck him. Slam the door on his a55.
 DomG79
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:57:21 AM
I'll get rid of my pets when they get rid of their kids.

Do all men just hate cats?

I have a cat, and a lot of women don't like them either. A lot of people in general find them repulsive. I find those type of people repulsive myself. Allergies are one thing, but some just have an unexplainable distaste for them.
 DomG79
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:08:48 AM
My ideal woman would have a pet honey badger.
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:51:55 AM
My ideal lady's kitty would love my one eyed snake unconditionally...
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/6/2012 5:08:22 AM
Hell, I'm still wondering why all your "dates" are at YOUR house. I can't stand cats either and would prefer not to be around them, but I'd never tell someone they have to get rid of them.

This guy's a cheap, lazyass loser.

Next time, aim higher for someone who actually will take you OUT occasionally, and not just expect to be fed and sexed up at your place for all your "dates."
 windchymes
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:25:08 AM
"animals are not people."

You are exactly right. A good number of people just suck. And this is exactly why the animals get to stay. Thank you for reminding me why I love them so much.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:49:40 AM
Oh boy... another pet forum...
OK,... ask yourself this.

What if you did get rid of your pets and it still doesn't work out?
Can you get back the lost companions you just dumped? Animals that depended on you for warmth, food and shelter?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:19:27 AM
I love the fact that this douchebag didn't bother to mention your cats were a dealbreaker until after you had sex, and then actually suggested with a straight fact that you should "dump" them. It's good that you got rid of him. But the fact that you didn't immediately recognize his mindset as controlling and manipulative (let's not forget to mention selfish, cruel and callous) when he said those things, makes me wonder about your ability to discern the character of the men you're dating.

edit --> fukkin douchebag.
 Maleman999
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/6/2012 8:15:48 AM

OP: He mentioned he doesn't like cats, when he stayed over I put all the cats outside for the night. (I live on a 10 acre wooded lot, so they weren't in danger of being run over.)

You should've put him outside for the night. I disagree with the comment that the cats were in no danger. In most wooded areas in North America, there are or could be carnivorous animals that would see the cats as a meal (foxes, wolves, etc.). They mostly hunt at night to avoid human contact. There's also the risk of them getting bitten by some infectious bugs while outside or catching mice that are diseased. I'm surprised you haven't thought of that, especially since you're involved in animal rescue. How would you feel if one or more of the cats became a meal for a meat eating animal or became sick just because this guy didn't want the cats around him?
 Debisusanne
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/6/2012 8:42:44 AM
Asking someone to get rid of a pet while only dating is silly.

My ex husband was like that.. It didnt occur to me that he was controlling till we were married.. YAY im so happy to be divorced. He was super duper mean to animals.

BUT.. I would get rid of animals if i were to get married.. or move in with him. Why?.. because my animals are there because im alone. When I am in a relationship they become a burden.. because I'm always running out the door. animals NEED attention..
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:04:11 PM
Oh come on...are you really that desperate or just plain stupid...I'm sorry but this is a no brainer, I'm not even going to express anymore of my opinion on this, I'm sure you get my point of view!!!!
 forums1
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:54:40 PM
My answer would be simple - "how about I get rid of you instead?"
 cooldog65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:07:50 PM
@WobblyAngelWings4Now: I read what you put in your profile and I agree with you 100%.
 SweetLR1
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:19:17 PM
Get rid of him. You're cats are a part of your life. What would you do without them? What would you do without him? Find someone else.
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/6/2012 7:33:03 PM
I met a couple of women who do animal rescue & one told me a story about something that happened @ an adoption event they hosted in a chain petstore...there was a cute kitty, a Daddy & his daughter looked at it from afar, when they got up closer, the little girl saw that the kitty had only one eye. She got scared & screamed that it was a monster & they walked away. Ten minutes later, they came back & adopted THAT kitty.
That dad was a great Dad who taught her an invaluable lesson.

Blondie: My daughter works at a Pet Goods adoption center here in NNJ and the disabled animals always get adopted first. There was a 3 legged German Shephard there on Saturday that was gone in 2 hours. (swear to God, True story, honest injum). One eyed animals go very quickly too. For some reason animals fallen on hard luck are scoffed up quickly... Still can't figure that one out. We also got a chance to meet that dog Daniel that lived through the gas chamber in Tennessee which was great and there were over 200 applications received by lunchtime to adopt him, although he was the nicest dog you could ever meet. Sorry, off topic..carry on
 UnityVsDivision
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 2:47:03 AM
That's like telling me to get rid of my brother or son. I love animals more than i do people. Keep up the rescue
 cooldog65
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 2:52:59 AM
^^^^^

I will take human contact over animal contact. I believe in separating the two.
 DomG79
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:15:13 AM
Someone else will say I need therapy, but guess what? DGAF! I hope this douche bag gets eaten by a bunch of cats. You are a nice girl and you deserve better. 10 acres and 10 cats? Each cat has its own acre, this man is just jealous. Keep up the good humanitarianism, few people actually give back like you are. Telling you to get rid of your cats would be like telling Mike Tyson to get rid of his pigeons (or his tiger, if he really has one).
 Savona
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/7/2012 6:06:35 AM

BUT.. I would get rid of animals if i were to get married.. or move in with him. Why?.. because my animals are there because im alone. When I am in a relationship they become a burden.. because I'm always running out the door. animals NEED attention..

Wow that is just plain crusty. I don't think you deserve to be a pet owner.

Pinky127
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/7/2012 7:31:39 AM

Wow.
What a shocking attitude towards your pets.
They're only of use to you til you find a partner.....?
Please give them up to someone NOW who truly loves animals and who would give them some love.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >