Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 69
Lack of emotion; sign of a problem?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I agree...I do think you are just bored and uninterested. This may be with anyone new that might come into your life, including possible guy friends. Just no interest in taking new people on as a whole.

I have other thoughts, but they would just piss you off, so I will keep them to myself since I am not going to be influenced by your happiness "one way or another."
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 71
Lack of emotion; sign of a problem?
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:24:45 AM

Is that something that's common, and is that a sign of a problem? Are there any other people who seem to feel, I don't know what it is... fed up, or just NOT interested in other people? Your thoughts.

I personally feel apathetic about people all the time. Being a chronic people-watcher is amusing to me, but as for "feeling" something about those I don't know? Nah, doesn't much interest me. Not because someone isn't interesting looking, or because they don't do things I find interest in, I just learned a long long while ago that watching people versus being involved with them is a better route for me. I have deep-seated feelings for those in my life (BF, family, friends, clients, etc.) but I feel no real need to add to the circle I'm so fond. I like my little circle just as it is. (I still do like to watch others, however. Just prefer to do it from a distance.)

Old news, lady. I already figured out what my problem was; I just don't care to date right now, and am disapointed in people. A bunch of stuff disapoints me with people, for example, when they tell you to go seek professionnal help, and are surprised when they refuse. I mean, I KNOW what you mean; for some people its necessary. Here in Quebec, we got some guy who OBVIOUSLY should have had some help, who went nuts, killed his 70 y old mother and his two nieces, ages 10 and under. THAT is something that you need help for.
However...I dont have much faith in professionnal help, unless its medical; I think shrinks have NO IDEA what they're talking about, more than let's say your average, roughly well educated person. For having studied a bit of psychology in college, and to have visited and talked to quite a few shrinks in my life, my opinion, for better or for worse, is that their schmuks. Still waiting for the one that will change it lol.

Well OP? Clearly you've not met the right "shrink" for you. And no offense, but studying a wee bit of psychology in college doesn't equate to what a mental health care professional does, in fact, know. These are not miracle workers. These are people who are tools for others. It's like finding an appropriate BF/GF, if the "fit" isn't right? You're not gonna get a thing out of therapy. On the other hand? If you were to find someone who gets your distaste in other human beings, you just might get enough information/insight to realize that you and only you can change how you view others. Other people don't disappoint us, we allow ourselves to be disappointed in others. Maybe the problem is that you expect too much from other people and not enough from yourself? (Just an idea.)

And I dont see "my condition" as a disaease, or something that even needs curing, at least right now. Someone on here told me when you meet the right one, you'll know, and you'll feel it. My point ot this thread was, I dont feel it; not that I dont feel ANYTHING towards ANYONE. Just towards women I'm interested in being involved with, thats it. Its just disinterest. I forgot to take into account one basic fact; maybe there's just NOTHING interesting in them, for me LOL.

Not a thing wrong with how you feel about women at the moment. I was single 12 years before I met someone I had found interesting enough to be interested in. Oh, I dated, did the short-term-relationship stuff. But never really felt much more than, "Ehhh, he's OK." or worse? "**shrugs** He seems datable, but....." I don't think there is a mandate somewhere that requires us to be interested in the opposite sex. It either happens or it doesn't. I'd not worry about having a condition/disorder/ailment, etc. You're just not interested. So be it. JMO
 ForumsGee
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:08:32 AM
I feel the same way towards men.. I still have sexual desire but I dont want to go through the hassle of meet/greet bulls*t - Poster Christy said what I would say... basically, sick and tired of the runaround to end up with egg on my face and it all being a complete waste of time and emotion.

(Desire is still there though..)
 _shakti_
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:26:59 AM
I know what you mean Op, I'm the same way myself. Always have been. It's why casual dating just does NOT work for me. Most times I would seriously rather be at home reading a book.

Waiting until I'm actually excited to meet someone works best. I don't always feel excited thereafter, but that's life. When I do feel something, I tend to hang on a bit longer than I probably should though. Because I know how damned rare it is.
 jadegreen
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:14:20 PM
I am like this when I'm "healing" after bad breakup or something....which is why I usually try to wait until I'm completely healed....I was telling one of my friends the other day that Brad Pitt could walk by and I would not get excited, but I honestly think this is because Im not healed from a prior relationship yet... ...very sure of this.....I'm emotionally suppressed person so is not often someone awakesn my sense in me in the dating field...

totally relate to "SHAKTI" above....it is sooooo rare for me too....

Also when you get this way sometimes it is time to take a dating break....reaccess...
 sddude
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:46:32 AM
we all go through that semi depressed slump, it will go away with time. You are tired and bored of the same game , a new wman does not excite you as much as it did.

Emotionally you want to feel and want to feel more. You want to feel love inside and have someone feel love towards you.

Sex does not cut it anymore, it is part of maturing, you feel spomething is missing and you want more of something you do not know about what.

It is a phase , like eating chinese fast food everyday.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:56:48 AM
never happened to me..maybe ur gay?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >