Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jaqi
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What is the shortest date you have hadPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
My shortest date? Opened my car door in the car park, saw he was older and nothing like the greek god I had been expecting ... told him so , shut the car door and drove off ... hmmmmm all of about 30 seconds!
 andy1961
Msg: 23
view profile
History
What is the shortest date you have had
Posted: 2/8/2012 10:29:10 AM
gilly, thats naughty, you cant complain about guys telling porkies when you have done exactly the same thing... have you explained on your profile?

Yep, totally agree. You've got 40 on your profile but you're actually 43. Sorry, that's not a "fib" that's a lie. And it's such hypocrisy considering you're complaining about guys lying to you!

I've personally met loads of women from here who tell "fibs" like that (I'm sure the men are worse), and they think that's okay. Why do people do that? And 9 times out of 10 more little "fibs" start to unravel!

Steve_Sandy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:22:14 PM
shortest date ? about 30 seconds

woman briefly mentioned mobility issues, but was walking with crutches, none of which were visible in her profile, all showed her standing on the beach, grass etc...

then her hair was grey instead of brown so suspected the photos were several years out of date

another one was a blind date, worked out quickly that there was no mutual interest and both happy to leave it there
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2013 10:10:06 PM
i did a 140 miles round trip just over a year ago for a "coffee n chat" meet, we didnt click, and it lasted about an hour chatting, still friends now, and chat often online, so nothing lost :O)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2013 1:15:43 PM
10 minutes. Close to my work at a coffee shop with a local without a pic who described herself as someone very appealing. I clocked her then bought a single coffee ( for her) then after she was half way through I told her I had to dash off to the gym.
Misrepresentation is such a waste of time.
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/30/2013 11:48:53 AM
About 5mins for me... certain article off this site/forum turned up half pi**ed and looking nothing at all like her picture...
Worst bit was a pong of chip pan/body odour...clearly she hadnt made any sort of effort so it was 'endex' there an then wit yours truly bugging out pdq....

Total waste of time an effort!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2013 6:32:06 AM
She was just over 5 foot tall and could be picked up like a six pack
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2013 1:29:52 PM
All of my dates have been at least 2-3 hours long, though honestly I wish some had been shorter!!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2013 4:51:05 AM
Mine was a few years ago and my first internet date.

Thugh we had chatted the person that turned up to the meet was not the picture and strangly could not have the conversations we had been having on the telephone.

I excused myself after 20 minutes. We did stay in touch for about a year butit was always a struggle from that moment.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:07:00 AM
It was a meet n greet , not a date .

We sat down at a table, her phone rang, she spoke to the person who called for a few SECONDS, got up and said she had to go.

I would say from the first greeting to her leaving took less than one minute.

Fortunately, that hasn't happened since.

Going by her clothes and make up = definitely a high maintenance Princess.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:05:06 AM
Around 4 hours.
 patriciaanne55
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:24:01 PM
I wound the car window down and said...oh I'm sorry or words to that affect, didn't get out of the car
 10ky
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:46:39 PM
When I made my profile, I had quit smoking cigar so I chose non-smoker. I date this chick and had just smoked before meeting her. As soon as she saw me, she was like: "Dude.. you smoke aye?!" I was like: "Aye, I sure do woman. You want some cigar right now right here?" She: "fook of.f... ya fkn tossa (in a super heavy Scottish accent)" and walked away.

My shortest date was therefore ~2 minutes. Pity .. she had a massive pair albeit she was rather chubby.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >