Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you prefer your partner to be submissive or dominating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Faeriemom03
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do you prefer your partner to be submissive or dominating?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Dominant....ALL the way
 princessraennn
Msg: 27
Do you prefer your partner to be submissive or dominating?
Posted: 2/9/2012 7:40:36 PM
dominate..................but compassionate also.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 7:05:29 AM
I am Dominant. And I enjoy a nice sub or slave girl.
Of course, I've also had my share of vanilla relationships, which can be quite wonderful. Though admittedly over time, the whole D/s aspect did tend to sneak into the relationship.

Some people enjoy the lifestyle, some don't. What's "normal" is just what works for each person.

I have a wonderful slave right now, and I do all that I can to make her happy.
Just because we enjoy the D/s lifestyle, doesn't mean that everything's one sided. I still devote a lot of time to just doing things she enjoys.
But remember that service is something she craves. So serving me, domestically or sexually, is something that makes her happy. So while to some vanilla folks some aspects might seem "one sided", it's really not. Because she'd be unhappy if she COULDN'T have a chance to serve.

We're seeking a special someone who might eventually join us for something lasting and long term. She wouldn't have to be someone who's as submissive as my girl. She could even be a switch, or a Domme with my girl, and more vanilla with me. We have a healthy D/s relationship, so with a third, we're open to all sorts of possibilities.
 Mozzily
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:16:10 AM
mostly I like men to be dominating but every once in awhile I want to take control
 Mattsperro91
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:22:22 AM
I love getting shouted at haha.
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:15:47 PM
Peppermint, you can throw me down any time!
 egowitch
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:18:56 PM
Neither - I prefer one who is open minded, and flexible enough to consider whatever we might think up together - and not be threatened by new ideas !
 MikeWM
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:23:13 PM
Niether but with a SLIGHT hint of both now and then if that makes sense to anyone?

To be perfectly honest I reckon anyone who is always one extreme or the other has issues of some kind, but as long as they find someone at the opposite extreme it seems to work out ok, but niether trait is something I find appealing in a partner and I prefer a more balanced and mutually driven type of deal
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:44:46 PM
Equal is best,, I actually would love a man who was dominant. I usually am for some reason. I dont mind.. but its nice to mix it up
 AsanteSoul
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:15:01 PM
I'm usually the one dominating and destroyin' that ass..however, if she can be aggressive and show me that side of her, im down!
 MDIYM59
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:18:47 PM
I prefer a submissive lady. Once I'm comfortable with her I don't mind her taking the lead at times. But for some reason I find submissive ladies to be a real turn on.
 honeycognac
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:15:48 AM
To me vanilla sex is boring. Power exchange kicks up the intensity. I'm about 80% submissive. Certain people bring out my domme side and I'll take the lead with them but I get most turned on by a dominant male (alpha type). I'd never switch with the same partner.
 Nstram
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 3:29:32 AM
honestly? I really could go either way. I'm normally fairly dominant just because that's the type of person i always am but i've been in both situations and the other side of the fence is fun too ;)
 prettyguyaz
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/25/2012 2:17:36 AM
it all depends on the person your with and how open minded to switching roles that they are.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/25/2012 2:29:30 AM
Depends what costume they are wearing at the time, and if it is in public or not...
 want to travel
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:27:37 AM
mostly dominant, in bed only
 Rexrugsnrocknroll
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:32:11 AM
i say both, it just depends what mood im in. Once in awhile i like to play a little game. Me and my partner wrestle and whoever wins is the dominating one. I let her win sometimes.
 TheReason_
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:40:08 AM
I prefer them submissive.

Sometimes they have to be punished for being a bad girl.
 putmeunder
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:41:10 AM
Definitely like if they can play a specific "dominant" role, especially with their feet/shoes, and some verbal comments. =) Hard to find though!
 that1mofo
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:52:17 AM
I am very dominant, it just feels so natural to take control of a woman.

Sure, in public I behave as a gentleman should. Open doors for her, take her shoe shopping, bring her home flowers for no reason, ect.

But God I love the ego stroking of bending her to my will... and making her love it.
 Steelrain11
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:04:15 AM
I have a very dominate personality which CAN pour over into the bedroom. I alter my bedroom persona to best compliment the woman I'm with. That can be dominate, passive, or submissive and in some cases- Aggressive; somegirls like to fight...lol
 len129
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 4:45:35 AM
I think most people have some hidden fantantys of being submissive or Dom at times . From personal experience I find taking control can lead to some really exciting sex. But also showing you can be submissive can again work at times . I think exploring all areas is really worth the effort I think most women are afraid to really let go fearing how they may be judged after. I have heard older women say they missed so much .
 Missthefun78
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:00:34 PM
Absolutely dominated not chains or whips or anything but it makes me so hot for a man to take control
 sunshinebridge2U
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/26/2012 5:11:33 PM
Good question - I had to think about this. Yes. I honestly prefer my partner to be dominant. However, I take a certain amount of joy in being able to sweet talk someone out of their position, especially when they are saying: "NO WAY! I will NEVER let you tie me up, NEVER!!!!! I would have to be totally passed out drunk before I let you do that" . . . .

Oh darling, we'll just have to see about that one - won't we.
 Maggie__x
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:06:53 PM
I like being both. A lot of the time I like to be dominated. Nothing like being a little rough.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you prefer your partner to be submissive or dominating?