Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Prove it!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 softy599
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Prove it!Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
You know Oy, we make many mistakes in our lives and hopefully learn from them. What I have learned so far is to GO SLOW. For me, it is very easy to get wrapped up in someone and lose focus. Then be all about them and no one else.

So NOW I am going slow, dating as many men as I want and I will be completely honest if it comes up.

Granted, I am only really dating one guy. Business guy isn't someone who will be the 'one'.... ever. Shame as I enjoy him. I will meet with Business man again but in the meantime am dating someone I met in real life. But don't get me wrong, I am still fishing here on POF!

After all, it is all about having FUN!!!!
 TheReason_
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Prove it!
Posted: 3/16/2012 9:28:23 AM
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
 TheReason_
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Prove it!
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:47:48 AM
Mmmmmmmmm

Good girl.

Stevieno
Msg: 58
Prove it!
Posted: 3/19/2012 6:21:21 AM
I agree. What does it accomplish to see someone's ID. Most women don't want to show theirs because they took a terrible picture or it shows their weight or some other very important reason (to them). Which I completely understand. Believe me I do understand. But what are you getting out of seeing an ID. I would give you all the information you wanted just by asking. If we hit it off, I would even go onto the web with you to prove that I didn't have a record...as long as we can do the same with you. lol Trust is very big. But take the time to get to know someone. People are prim and proper in the beginning, but after a few dates some of their true character will eventually come out. I know this by experience. Steve
 jasond1970
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Prove it!
Posted: 3/19/2012 4:14:59 PM
I personall would be worried about identitiy theft is anyone tried that with me.
 The-George
Msg: 60
Prove it!
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:02:20 PM
Well, it's not so much that asking for an ID "over the internet" comes off as weird. It's more than it would remind me of identity thiefs posing as women trying to steal my personal information.

Similar to that beautiful girl you meet online, where everything is going great, and she wants to be with you, but it just so happens that she is in another country and got mugged and needs you to help her with some money so she can get back to the states to be with you.....

Not only would I worry about identity thieves, but scam artists as well.
 mattlipsey082469
Msg: 61
Prove it!
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:15:41 AM
good for you good idea I usually check the internet and the states data base to see if they had a record. 2 yrs ago I found out before a date the lady I was going on a date with was actually wanted in texas so that date wasnt going to happen lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Prove it!