Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you tell someone no?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 48
view profile
History
How do you tell someone no?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There is never a nice way.
Some say it how it is...the truth.
Some wean themselves away.
Some can be ass-o's and be mean.

When some show you the other side to their happiness it's (for some) that feeling comfortable enough to show you every side of their life...good or bad.
Life is never a Disney movie.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 49
view profile
History
How do you tell someone no?
Posted: 3/2/2017 3:24:13 PM
most of the time I just get silence ,,but me I say good luck ,,may all your dreams come true
 Perspektiv
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/2/2017 4:50:05 PM
I definitely agree with the simply not responding anymore, if its been a couple messages. You don't owe that person a thing. Even if they demanded it--I'd just block.

To me, my post is only eluding to having spent time with each other, in person. Only instance, where you not telling them you're no longer feeling them, makes you a bit of a d_ck.

Same type of person who'd do that, would dent your car in the parking lot, and leave. Worse yet, would text a breakup from a spouse they were married from.

The level of cowardice, is epic, is the point that I'm making.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2017 6:25:49 PM
texting only.. then stop it and block her... she was using you as a sounding board. You didnt waste too much time or money on it. Move on.
 beercookies
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 5:46:37 AM

No. Then you let that air dry.

So I've met a few girls on here and at first it always starts great. Then something clicks and I realize they're not for me. Whats the best way to end it without being cruel?

If you think lying or hiding is "nice", not really, but it is less messy not dealing with emotions.

Example, this girl and I started to hit it off and then she turned into a horrible downer.

Every conversation turned to self pity and how bad her life is. I'm sorry, but I can't stand when people complain non stop. I won't talk to someone who always has a negative attitude and whines.

If you care about her, in that she just seems decent but does not realize her faults, gently say the above&you aren't compatible. If it turns into drama, gently extricate and do not react. If you don't care at all, just disappear into thin air.

So whats the best way to end talking to them in the most polite manner? I'm not an ***hole, I just know if something has a chance or doesnt. Any advice or examples of how someone else did it? Thanks!

There is no graceful way. There are ways that avoid confrontation. I don't mind this way. But, stop thinking you are devastating the girl.
 hemingway234
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/4/2017 10:08:42 AM
The only way to reject someone nicely is to get them to reject YOU. It has to be their idea.

So take all your skeletons out of the closet.... tell them you have a communicable disease, are married, and are a hit-man for the mafia, and watch them run for the hills!
 ohenryx
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 11:01:52 AM

The only way to reject someone nicely is to get them to reject YOU. It has to be their idea.

So take all your skeletons out of the closet.... tell them you have a communicable disease, are married, and are a hit-man for the mafia, and watch them run for the hills!

My patented “deflection technique” is to tell the woman that I am only interested in sex.

100% success rate with that one, they all drop me like a hot potato.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/4/2017 5:17:33 PM
er, you do realize that is far more neg about you than the women hmm
 hemingway234
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/5/2017 8:31:34 AM

My patented “deflection technique” is to tell the woman that I am only interested in sex.

100% success rate with that one, they all drop me like a hot potato.

- Ha! That will work too.
 gtomustang
Msg: 57
How do you tell someone know?
Posted: 3/5/2017 8:37:52 AM
amusingly enough, its amazing what you can accomplish in life when you get your darn ego out of the way.

Long time ago, I needed to get rid of a lass, so I stuck her with the bill. Didn't need to spend any time convincing her, explaining to her, whatever. She just declared I was cheap and self-evicted. As my father taught me as a child, the best way to get people to do what you want is to convince them it was their idea the whole time :) lol
 GoodLord1
Msg: 58
How do you tell someone know?
Posted: 3/7/2017 8:10:48 PM
a phone call to her.....

"After much consideration I've come to the conclusion we are not a match but I wish you well in all you do."

if she asks why, just say.....

"I've made my decision. good luck in your search. goodbye." then hang up.
 therainman2
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 8:57:12 PM
Be nice but honest. Just say straight up how you feel. You don't like being around negative people because it brings you down and you can't have that, then say sorry. If they get offended or angry, well they just proved your point.
 hayhud22
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Themavsguy41
Posted: 9/6/2017 10:02:08 PM
Had anyone talked to the guy on this profile? Is it a fake?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you tell someone no?