Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do women want me to get rid of furniture that i had when i dated      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Why do women want me to get rid of furniture that i had when i dated others?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"I doubt that, arson is a serious crime."

Arson law is only applied to real property with a legal title or a licence plate.... all other articles are considered disposable....

I agree w/ the ladies here.... you are either giving TMI or it it is trashy furniture....

However, some women will refuse to live in a house you had with a former partner...

The solution to that is... tell her you will be glad to live in any house or furniture SHE buys with her own money.... The bedding also has a large stigma for most women too... dump it
 daynadaze
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Why do women want me to get rid of furniture that i had when i dated others?
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:38:26 AM
It's sticky and you need to have it professionally cleaned before trying to snare another girl in the same wet spot areas.
 Paderic
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:38:28 PM

Arson law is only applied to real property with a legal title or a licence plate.... all other articles are considered disposable....

The dumpster was owned by someone and I'm sure it was located on someone's property (apartment complex?). It's against the law in many municipalities to burn garbage or to have an open fire without a permit. Fire departments don't take that stuff lightly. I can't see them laughing it off.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:49:50 PM
I think there's more to this than the OP is telling..........it just sounds too strange......
 abelian
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/13/2012 3:03:05 PM
Why ladies, do you feel the furniture has to go?

I'd say it depends on the relationship and the furniture in question. I can see how a new girlfriend might want you to get a new sex swing, for example. Unless it gets more serious than that, the rest ought to be ok. However, if you're moving in together or getting married, I could certainly understand your girlfriends wanting new beds.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 4:36:35 PM
the problem is you're not negotiating terms very well. tell her that for every piece of furniture you give up, 20 of her stuffed animals have to go.
 junipermoon
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 5:22:48 PM
maybe they just don't want to get cooties.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/13/2012 5:44:27 PM
^^ and they said Christ was a man of peace...........
 ncdamsel
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:22:23 PM
Be cause they are inmature... that is the stupidest thing i ever hear of,,, the only thing i would get rid of is ...THEM
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:08:10 PM
..........are you leaving "shot spots" in view???
lol
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:26:31 PM
You are asking the wrong question. You are a jealousy troll. You try to make them jealous by going into detail about what you did and with whom and force these "girlfriends" to relive the sordid details in your twisted little mind. ou need them to "fight" for you and your attention in order to view their "love" and affection as genuine.

Only YOU can choose to stop needing women to fight over you in order to feel like you are wanted. At your age this can only get progressively worse as a behavior pattern that invariably leads to borderline personality disordered thinking processes. Anytime someone plays with the emotions of others in was such as trying to make them jealous, that person is being manipulative.

And the ONLY reason they would even know that the furniture was used in the fashion you are describing is if you were engaging in manipulative, attention-seeking and jealousy-seeking behavior. In all honesty, you are better off seeking counseling and NOT dating until you identify why you can only feel valued through creating jealousy and strife.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:30:43 PM
If you tell her you acquired the Cali King Size bed after the divorce, make sure you tell her the sheets and comforter are new:)
 oh_hell
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:36:40 PM
If I had a nickel for every time a woman made me kick a couch, ditch my duvet, or bail on a bed just because another broad's butt had brushed it - well, you get the idea. We share your pain, OP...
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:37:00 PM
Yeah, ummm I dont do that. Furniture is expensive, and i don't sit there and dwell on a person's past. Find other women.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:55:02 PM
do NOT tell her the ex touched your "no - no" it could be the next thing she wants you to get rid of.
 Dolphina
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/2/2012 9:25:59 PM
What a crazy idea! Get rid of furniture a previous girlfriend has used? Silly. I've never heard of this before. Furniture is furniture and lots of people have used it. That's life.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:50:19 PM
It makes me wonder if his definition of "furniture" includes the likes of sybians, swings, spring mounted stools, restraining devices and other such items ....

Furniture uh ? hmmmmm.....
 strolly10
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:52:54 PM
you should probably keep your spilt babyjuice stories to yourself babe..What are you telling these women?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do women want me to get rid of furniture that i had when i dated others?