Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr_LD
Msg: 30
view profile
History
WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Definitely Dubai if you can go anywhere in the world. Especially as a single male. Or Australia. Go overseas and bank, then come back. If Stateside, close to home is Charlotte. Good job market, not too far. But if Taxes matter. Texas or Florida. No income tax.
 optimismfirst
Msg: 31
WHERE WOULD YOU RELOCATE? suggestions on cities/towns
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:13:58 PM
south africa in a heart beat
 DragonBits
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:29:56 AM
1) bangkok
2) seattle washington
3) Maine
4) Chicago's not bad, advantage is I already live here.
5) SanFran Used to live there.
6) Denver
 Spring_weather
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/21/2012 6:46:36 AM
I haven't travelled to many places, so I would have to see what is out there, and then decide!"
 catalina_view
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/21/2012 8:06:10 AM

Just curiuos why wouldn't anybody suggest a South American country??

I have lived and traveled in South America and would settle there tomorrow if the political situations weren't so unstable even in very developed countries like Argentina (remember the bank crisis?) and the medical care was better. All of my South American friends who could afford it came to the US for medical care and had homes here. Corruption is rampant and there's no such thing as due process.
I'd love to live in Latin America but going from the US to there is not doable.
 katrina1120
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:24:11 AM
I'm kinda in the same predicament... I have been living in Bakersfield, CA for my entire life and I've completely outgrown it. Once I finish my Masters program next Winter, I'm free to get out of here! I have always wanted to live in a big city like NYC. The only problem is that it's super expensive and I feel like financially I would be stepping backward to support myself. The others on my list are Austin, TX which is such a great place for singles or Atlanta, GA.
 paulbonnick
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:23:43 AM
Im currently living in Darlington which is North east of England and it is so DULL.......but in 6 weeks Australia beckon's for me whoopo] whoop...guess what i'm saying don't go to Darlington :)
 Miss_ing
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:56:38 PM
Taos, New Mexico
Durango, Colo.
Payson Arizona
Lincoln, Oregon
Flagstaff, Arizona
Napa Valley.
 Miss_ing
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:57:17 PM
Taos, New Mexico
Durango, Colo.
Payson Arizona
Lincoln, Oregon
Flagstaff, Arizona
Napa Valley.
 Cobra977horsepower
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/28/2012 1:14:07 AM
Close your eyes, put your finger on a spot on the map. Open your eyes and where your finger is pointing, thats where you go!!
 jackiejc
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/28/2012 6:55:21 PM
Santa Rosa ,CA Or somewhere in Arizona or Utah AHHHH!
 KorageHu
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:44:47 PM
LA, NY,.... I stick with ChineseAmericans. Dont like to see others.
 KorageHu
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:47:27 PM
otherwise... China n Japan. Dont want to settle for less. Either rank 1 2 3 in Economy. Lol Ugh.. lucky for others I live in NYC. I wouldn't mind purifying the rest of this...
 --AAA
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:37:06 AM
Places I would relocate to would have to have a warm and mild climate, such as California, Singapore, or Hawaii.
 KorageHu
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:54:17 PM
singapore isnt a city, its a country. lol
 Rheostatic
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/1/2012 7:52:28 AM
Dubai, i would definitely suggest anywhere in the UAE but dubai and abu dhabi are both amazing places and the standard of life there is amazing!

Dubai gets crapped on a lot by people who know nothing about it, but it's really not a bad place, if you can deal with the heat. You're absolutely right, the standard of living is through the roof, and there are NO taxes. Definitely a great spot to move to for a few years, make a bundle of cash, and then leave.

Plenty of gorgeous single women here too.

Also, if you're thinking about Canada, remember that East Coast = Best Coast.
 KorageHu
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 8:07:47 PM
If that fails... I'll go Upstates NY instead of staying in NYC. haha
 deletedpost
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:49:14 PM
Any place but Canada.
 CharminC
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:23:02 AM
Close your eyes, put your finger on a spot on the map. Open your eyes and where your finger is pointing, thats where you go!!

^^
I agree!
Pack a bag, pick your starting place, do your research then go! Follow where your path takes you.
Ohhhh the experiences! I'm jealous already.
But..please, be safe.
 wanted555
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:05:00 PM
anywhere in holland ! what an amazing country!! if i had money / id live there and forget about anything that needs forgetting lol! but seriuosly i love that part of europe
 Traveling4aLiving
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:47:23 PM
Savannah.... do tell more! I'm considering it an option as I'm trying to find something not so redneck on the SE coast. I actually go again for work in the next couple of weeks to Savannah and the only requirement I need to relocate (work related) is to be near an airport and SAV is a quick trip into ATL or Charlotte. I'm a western at heart, so a move to the east is gonna be hard enough. Overseas would be the best, but can't. Miami w/ a friend is the other option.

as to the original poster.... Memphis? ugggg, I go there for work as well and what I've been told is it's rough (it seems to be battling with Detroit for murder capital of the US).

Portland is great (economy is sucking but it always has). SLC if you like the desert & mountains. Cali has something for everyone. Denver has lots to do, outdoors & the city. Austin?

Overseas... hell's yeah, but Kabul?! :D
 lostmyshoe
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 12:45:56 PM
MAUI
The healthiest place on earth
Fresh food, air and water
The second largest Hawaiian island....
Not run by japs or chinese
no nuclear power, gambling,traffic or plastic bags
More beaches than all the islands
Expensive, and should be...
low unemployment
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/22/2012 4:48:50 PM
Sales? what kind of sales? if retail, jewelry, clothing etc, check out US Virgin Islands. No passport needed, tropical island, no federal tax. no sales tax. and warm all the time.
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/29/2012 8:05:43 PM
Don't laugh, people, but Google "Pittsburgh Top Ten Lists" and come check us out. Plus it's pretty inexpensive to live here. We are actually gaining population for the first time in decades, and the incoming population are educated professionals.

I have said that if I ever left the Burgh again (not a chance!) I could enjoy living in Flagstaff, AZ or Boerne, TX. But to me, the Burgh is just the right size. It's a city made up of small towns.

Some interesting articles on Dubai lately...I wouldn't want to live there.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/04/dubai-201104
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html
 reginalady1
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:08:32 PM
I have relocated many times in my lifetime and love it where I am.
Saskatchewan, Canada on an acreage with the trees and the hills, my horses, dogs and great caring neighbours.
A great economy with lots of jobs.
Clean air, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, wonderful spring, summers, fall and winters and always something to do - riding horses, fishing, golfing, harvest get togethers, winter skidooing, skiing, spring and the smell of the new earth. Something for every season, seasons are definate and even when it is -30 below with the sunshining, we bundle up and go outside for a walk, it's still a great day.
Love it!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >