Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > if she isn't big on Valentines Day... do you still?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 47
view profile
History
if she isn't big on Valentines Day... do you still?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I just started exchanging messages with a lovely lady on POF and yesterday she sent me nice second message in which she told me some more about herself asked several questions about me. She never mentioned V.Day so I asked my friend(who is a woman) if I should say "Happy Valentines Day" in my reply and she said "No,if she didn't mention it just let it go". Still I couldn't just let it go so when wrote back to this lady I added this post script to my message "By the way,Happy Valentines Day!" Was I wrong? I'll find out soon enough I guess.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 48
if she isn't big on Valentines Day... do you still?
Posted: 2/15/2018 9:05:14 AM

sorry type 1 or 2? insulin or pills?

Type 2 and pills thankfully. I do eat chocolate but only at work and during the day because i binge. The the sugar gets burnt off that way. If i eat it at night I wake up with sort of a hangover.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/15/2018 9:18:25 AM

Actually I'll be spending the morning in tears because I'm diabetic.
Sorry to hear this. I will eat enough chocolate for both of us. lol

Still I couldn't just let it go so when wrote back to this lady I added this post script to my message "By the way,Happy Valentines Day!" Was I wrong? I'll find out soon enough I guess.

I don't think you were wrong at all. I think it was a nice added touch. I can't see any normal person taking exception to it. BTW good luck!
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/15/2018 9:25:56 AM
^^^^
Well thank you but I know for a fact that if you gain weight you'll come back here and blame it on me LOL
 browneyesboo
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 9:30:14 AM
The good news for me is I don't like chocolate.
The bad news is I like chips.
The other good news is they don't have
fancy valentine chips.
Some more good news is I'm single and I
probably wouldn't buy valentine chips just
for me.
The other bad news is I'm single.
In a good way.
 ohenryx
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 10:18:02 AM
I was on a webex conference yesterday afternoon. About 7 or 8 men, all of whom know each other fairly well, so no worries about #metoo. At the end of the call, one man reminded all of us not to forget flowers / candy / card on the way home, else we would be in Dutch with the wife. I think I was probably the only single man, so I just kept my mouth shut.

I did receive one card in the mail, and another online card through email. But I am going to ignore those. If you acknowledge them, then you’re caught up in “sorry I didn’t send you one”, etc, etc, etc.
 Cynderella
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 5:01:33 PM
In a loving relationship everyday is Valentine's day.
If someone said no big deal...I still would do something.
I too am not fond of chocolate (unless it's white) but a gift card to a spa would be nice.
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/15/2018 6:55:02 PM

Still I couldn't just let it go so when wrote back to this lady I added this post script to my message "By the way,Happy Valentines Day!" Was I wrong? I'll find out soon enough I guess.

I agree with Natural - it was a nice added touch. It shows a romantic side which some women, like myself, appreciate.
 cooldog65
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 7:07:31 PM

I too am not fond of chocolate (unless it's white)

I've been referred to as white chocolate because I've dated the chocolate ladies...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 7:37:07 PM
I take my pizza and Valentine's day very seriously.

Our dinner yesterday!
 CBGB77
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2018 7:39:52 PM

Posted By: Naturalselection53 on 2/15/2018 1125 AM
Subject: if she isn't big on Valentines Day... do you still?
I couldn't just let it go so when wrote back to this lady I added this post script to my message "By the way,Happy Valentines Day!" Was I wrong? I'll find out soon enough I guess.

I don't think you were wrong at all. I think it was a nice added touch. I can't see any normal person taking exception to it. BTW good luck!

Thanks Ns53! She thanked me for my V.day wishes and asked me if I had made plans for the weekends so I told her that I hadn't made any yet and asked if she woulds like to meetup of coffee or something.
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/16/2018 10:04:41 AM
Cynderella:

In a loving relationship everyday is Valentine's day.

^^^^ I absolutely love, love this statement.....sooooo true!
 hemingway234
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/18/2018 12:39:53 PM

ok, so you ask about Valentine's Day and she tells you that the day isn't a big deal to her...

do you get her something nice and simple anyway? or do you not?

I was told my a friend of mine that even if it's not a big day you do not ignore it and do nothing or else she'll be upset about it.

- the friend was right. When she says it's not a big deal to her, she's just being too nice.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > if she isn't big on Valentines Day... do you still?