Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Roses4Him
Msg: 105
Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Lord I hope so! I am 65, my now ex husband decided to leave after 30 years. I plan to have fun, enjoy life with someone special, hopefully for the rest of my life. I came to this forum today to just ask is there anyone over the age of 55 on here? Haven't found many!
 lightninbug22
Msg: 106
Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???
Posted: 12/5/2012 12:56:34 PM
Good for you, Roses, great attitude! I think we still have lots of fun, laughter, and life left in us.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2012 3:54:08 PM
Load of people over 55 here.....Many over 60......some over 70
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2012 7:07:00 AM
Hey, Roses...I am 59.....
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/6/2012 11:09:56 AM

Lord I hope so! I am 65, my now ex husband decided to leave after 30 years. I plan to have fun, enjoy life with someone special, hopefully for the rest of my life. I came to this forum today to just ask is there anyone over the age of 55 on here? Haven't found many!

There are some of us, but we seem to be scattered all over the globe. :-)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/24/2016 4:00:28 PM
This one does.

Time waits for no one and if we ALLOW our mindset/attude to be dictated by the year we were born?

UNroductive game plan for any dating method fully supported at these very Forums on a daily basis.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:57:12 PM

the problem is that when people get to be a certain age, they tend to want to stay put where friends and family are.

There's way more to it, and you know it. Go past the obvious of money/looks/status, (Which kills most of us before we ever get to the starting line) most women apply what they learned from previous encounters to men that approach them. It's such fun to be turned down and kicked aside because an introductory message from a guy that thought enough about you to write one, wasn't exactly perfect.

It's rather like police finding that you fit the description of a killer, they arrest you, and put you in jail for life. All without a trial.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:59:57 PM
Plenty of people have a new life at 60 and beyond. I know on guy who had a child at 60 and started a new job. Plenty of people have a whole new life once they retire which can be anywhere from 55-65. Life is full of change and it is all about attitude.
 Like2dance
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 7:51:48 PM
Didn't Colonel Sanders get it going after 60?
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2016 10:48:42 AM
You're never too old for love!

I'm 65 and have been on and off this site for several years. Its all good and still going!
 Maleman999
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/3/2016 1:57:02 PM
New life over 60? Hugh Hefner, who is pushing 90, got married a few years ago. He was 86 years old and his bride was 26 years old. Now that's a new life. Let's hear it for the people who say age is just a number.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/3/2016 6:10:51 PM
Hey Starlitekisses, and I have been to "Hell" and back! LOL

Over 60? I was thinking the speed limit was 70?
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/4/2016 5:06:51 PM
That depends on how well you have taken care of yourself during all the previous years. If you have taken good care of yourself physically and have good health when you're in your 60s and have all your debts paid off you probably will have a good life ahead of you yet. So the bottom line is some people will be able to build a new life and others will just not be around that much longer.
 Mrtampa
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 3:10:29 PM
I'm 58 and my life has changed immensely...for the better.

If you are imaginative and have a desire to continue to be an active participant in the World, you will always have a new beginning.

If your heart's desire is to surround yourself with tired, frightened, old people and play golf...then you're just staying occupied until you die.

All your life you've heard people say, "life is short"...

...Well, now its short.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/27/2017 5:05:35 AM
got a message from a guy other day looking for someone to spend his 'golden years' with
and he was 50

found that odd..

there are quite a few men already retired by the time they hit their fifties
wonder if that has something to do with the attitude

here I am still raising a teenager, going to grad school
working part time

looking forward to getting this degree and a new career
and these guys are buying a camper
and looking for someone to play shuffle board with
 Maleman999
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:17:32 AM

got a message from a guy other day looking for someone to spend his 'golden years' with
and he was 50

found that odd.

Would it be better if he said he was looking for a temporary partner? If a guy was to say he wants to date for fun and isn't looking for a long term relationship, women would label him as a player, and avoid him like the plague. It's a no-win situation for guys: Looking for a life partner-bad. Looking for a short term partner-bad.
 mjinict
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:14:01 PM
Also, why is it preferable to be starting a new career as opposed to being ready for retirement and buying a camper at the same age?
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 8:38:24 PM
Yes we do. My husband left when I was 64. I retired at 65. Final divorce at 66, and then started dating. I'm now 70 and have been with my BF over a year. (yes, I know the age on my profile is wrong, my bad) Together we got a pontoon boat and a travel trailer. We have fun together, and plan on continuing to do so.
My life now is completely different from the life I had before. I work one day a week, when I want to. I volunteer. I go to astronomy club meetings. I have a BF who does things with me. We go out to eat, visiting friends, movies, etc.
So yes, I have a new life.
Just decide what you want to do, and do it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/28/2017 7:41:17 AM
its all relative, and whether you define "having life" by what your physical shell can do, or by where your mind can go. Consider how many people wait until retirement to "do what they always wanted".
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/28/2017 2:16:20 PM
Also, why is it preferable to be starting a new career as opposed to being ready for retirement and buying a camper at the same age?

did not say it was preferrable for all

just that we would be at odds with one another

if he were retired

and I was not
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/2/2017 8:05:04 AM
^^^
You're getting your a$$ handed to you

Hahahahhha
 dorani
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2017 4:49:54 PM
I am 69 and still live in hope of finding one kind genuine guy to brighten my life... dont know it there is an age when folk give up looking... I know lots of older men worry that they cant perform but surely there is more to life than that? to be together, share life and face the world as a team.. lots of happiness to be had and we are only here once! There are no hard and fast rules to this meeting game.. live for today!
 Camile2099
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/10/2017 1:04:52 PM

Who needs a new life? I'm 65. Left the workforce at 44 to persue varied other interests. I don't travel but have been involved in many activites. I'm not intererested in self-gratification so much as in being useful and productive. I place a high value on personal freedom. The philosophy is constant while opportunities and interests change. I don't need anyone to define or to fulfill my life or to" start it over".

I agree with the above philosophy as well. Since retirement I have a nice home, dog, yard, and unlimited opportunities to expand my interests. I don't need anyone to "start a new life" for me. I just enjoy the people who enter my existing life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???