Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 68
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself? Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yes I would date myself.
I'm a nice caring person. I don't do' jealousy' and I accept people for who they are.
I am strong willed and can speak out of turn but, I like that about me.
I am a cook, a nurse, a teacher, a cleaner, a veternarian and a slu*.
I like me.
 lacalli
Msg: 69
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?
Posted: 3/4/2012 7:51:11 AM
Good grief no!! I'd have read/delete/blocked.

I know, totally. I'm still angry about when they had roses on here and I sent both of mine to me because I was having a bad day and now I'm jealous. Of myself.
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/4/2012 2:08:33 PM
OH my HELL YEAH, I would date myself, hell I would even marry myself, because it doesn't get any better than this!!! I'm beautiful, honest, respectful, intelligent, patient, loving, loyal, and very very very funny, so what's not to love! And let's not forget those beautiful eyes and luscious lips of mine, but most of all that fine BUDUNKADUNK I have is ridiculous!
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:59:16 PM
OP, good job! this post rocks
I had to think about this... on the one hand, I can hold an intelligent conversation and I'd be with someone who has the same taste in music, books, hobbies, well everything. On the other hand.. I'd be with someone who was, well, identical to me.
And that's just boring. Variety is the spice of life. Opposites attract.
Plus, I know everything about me, there'd be no fun "getting to know you period".

Oh, and I'm not into women...
but if I could find the male version of me, heck yeah! I'd hit him over the head with a club and drag him back to the cave. And because he's basically me, he'd LOVE that
 cashleys
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/5/2012 5:00:50 PM
I would have been more vocal about me and taken more time to find someone that had the same desires and thinking of what I wanted in a relationship. Looking back I know that I did not really know them, didn't ask enough questions, believed everything without question and actually didn't know how or what to ask.
I would date someone like me, I was kind, honest, trustworthy, worked hard, loyal, loving, passionate. I just was a giver and needed to find a giver. I found takers which was totally my fault because givers often don't require the other to reciprocate.
I am probably impossible now, because I expect someone I give my all to, that they also give in return. That is quite hard to find.
 OyVay...
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/5/2012 5:32:36 PM
Ahhh...on or off the meds?

Absolutely I would! I've got some views, and opinions, that make it difficult for some to connect with me. Hey, I get it, either you like what I stand for or you don't.

So interests, opinions and personality yeah, I think I could be happy with me...err.. I am happy with me! Hahahaha!
 cckch
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:07:21 AM
I've been in a relationship with myself for three years... I like me.. :).. And I will continue to be alone with myself until the right guy comes along...

I guess what you're really asking is, would I date me if I was a guy? I would have to say, probably not if the guys are into whatever the world is handing them... These days guys want what my kind just can't give them.. Now... An old-fashioned guy that is into clean old-fashioned girls, you bet.... Bring it on..

I'm quite happy just having coffee with somebody, going out to dinner, and maybe dancing the night away.. But at the end of the day, I go home to myself.. I cuddle up to my dog, read a book, chat with my many family members and friends on FB, and play games on the puter... I'm quite comfortable dating myself... :)
 WanderingRain
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:30:36 AM
Interesting question...
Like many on here, I would not date myself a decade ago.
Today, yeah.
I'd love to date myself. Of course, since we're talking hypothetical anyway, it'd be nice if the female version of me had all my personality including all the quirks but looked like Jessica Beihl.
 Meems919
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/10/2012 2:23:13 PM
Hell yeah! I am an incredible addition to others' lives. In so many ways. Absolutely.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/10/2012 5:29:42 PM
SexyEyeZ46- Well, can I open my own door, pull out my own chair, drive myself there, I guess so, so I'll go with yes.
 SOPHIE1064
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:29:46 PM
Yes, yes, yes
I'm loyal, attractive, not heavy,good cook, my kids are grown and dont live with me
I'm a good catch
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:43:44 PM
Nahhhh. That would be settling for less and I promised myself I wouldn't do that.

I think Me + Her = Something bigger than both of us. That's what I'm looking for.
 aintnobunny3169
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:08:38 PM
Honestly yes i would as i am now, however there have been times in my life where the answer would be no. I think we all go through stages in life where there are times when a relationship is not the best thing, and times when you are in a prime position to be in a good solid relationship. For example i dont think anyone who has lost a spouse either through death or divorce should get involved in a relationship, because so much of that marriage is bonding with that person that you kind of evolve into an identity other than your "single" self. Meaning you take on the roll of wife, mother, employee, ect... that it becomes who you are, after a death or divorce you kind of loose that even if the marriage was short lived. However before the marriage you were in a good position to have a relationship. After some time to heal and find who you are now that you have been through that separation, and are fully aware of the situation you are in and your needs/wants then you are ready to be in a good relationship again. However to simply answer the question yes i would love to be in a relationship with a person like me.
 amore01
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:21:35 PM
well said#98..i agree totally!
 aussiesealady
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:10:53 PM
Absolutely not.

I would not get a word in edgeways.
 shyshy84
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:15:13 PM
i wouldn't even be friends with myself.
 keithmcn42
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:39:32 AM
i would date you given the chance and id date myself as i am awsome to be with lol x
 forums1
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:03:36 PM
Nope. I tried dating another Leo, and its not a good match.
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:12:12 PM
Yes I would. I just would love to find someone like me that is good and decent. The past men that I have been with where not good or decent men. I went through hell with those men my ex husband was not abusive but he cheated. My last one my boyfriend of over 5 years was abusive.
 lacalli
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:15:14 PM

edit
Shoot. My gender and youth obstructs my attempt to start a fight between you and yourself:P

No not your gender. I have no gender restrictions, only your youth. I prefer older women. Such as myself. But I'm reminding me only to take myself to Starbucks because I'm a gold digger and will only take advantage of me buying my lunch. Which sucks because I have a craving for a 6in turkey on Italian bread at Subway.
 adora71
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:04:45 PM

I would not get a word in edgeways.

I love it!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:20:19 PM
No. I'm no longer willing to overlook broken promises or people that think they compromise, but really expect to have things their way. I've lost the desire and ability to be patient with other people. This why I'm just here for the forums.
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:25:02 PM
In response to your question....YES!!!!!. Im a great guy, loving, caring, attentive, concerned, a real communicator, open, honest, considerate....and perhaps most of all modest.....lolol.

I could use some assistance in the downtime area, never been good at time off or vacations. I love my work and Ive built a lifestyle that accommodates work first.....honestly, thats an area any woman that becomes involved with me will simply have to accept and work with me at.
 forums1
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:32:09 PM

No. I'm no longer willing to overlook broken promises or people that think they compromise, but really expect to have things their way. I've lost the desire and ability to be patient with other people. This why I'm just here for the forums.

So, since the topic was "would you date yourself", does that mean you think you compromise but really expect things your way and are uncompromising, and wouldn't be patient with yourself?
 Rain587
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:29:10 PM
I would date me because we both like my cooking or can do with eating popcorn if not in the mood, no talking in the morning, I love to travel with myself and never argue if want to zipline or browse antique stores; like being scared on ghost tours, and I can handle myself being weird, sassy, and bullheaded.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >