Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 81
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself? Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Nahhhh. That would be settling for less and I promised myself I wouldn't do that.

I think Me + Her = Something bigger than both of us. That's what I'm looking for.
 aintnobunny3169
Msg: 82
Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:08:38 PM
Honestly yes i would as i am now, however there have been times in my life where the answer would be no. I think we all go through stages in life where there are times when a relationship is not the best thing, and times when you are in a prime position to be in a good solid relationship. For example i dont think anyone who has lost a spouse either through death or divorce should get involved in a relationship, because so much of that marriage is bonding with that person that you kind of evolve into an identity other than your "single" self. Meaning you take on the roll of wife, mother, employee, ect... that it becomes who you are, after a death or divorce you kind of loose that even if the marriage was short lived. However before the marriage you were in a good position to have a relationship. After some time to heal and find who you are now that you have been through that separation, and are fully aware of the situation you are in and your needs/wants then you are ready to be in a good relationship again. However to simply answer the question yes i would love to be in a relationship with a person like me.
 amore01
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:21:35 PM
well said#98..i agree totally!
 aussiesealady
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:10:53 PM
Absolutely not.

I would not get a word in edgeways.
 shyshy84
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:15:13 PM
i wouldn't even be friends with myself.
 keithmcn42
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:39:32 AM
i would date you given the chance and id date myself as i am awsome to be with lol x
 forums1
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:03:36 PM
Nope. I tried dating another Leo, and its not a good match.
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:12:12 PM
Yes I would. I just would love to find someone like me that is good and decent. The past men that I have been with where not good or decent men. I went through hell with those men my ex husband was not abusive but he cheated. My last one my boyfriend of over 5 years was abusive.
 lacalli
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:15:14 PM

edit
Shoot. My gender and youth obstructs my attempt to start a fight between you and yourself:P

No not your gender. I have no gender restrictions, only your youth. I prefer older women. Such as myself. But I'm reminding me only to take myself to Starbucks because I'm a gold digger and will only take advantage of me buying my lunch. Which sucks because I have a craving for a 6in turkey on Italian bread at Subway.
 adora71
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:04:45 PM

I would not get a word in edgeways.

I love it!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:20:19 PM
No. I'm no longer willing to overlook broken promises or people that think they compromise, but really expect to have things their way. I've lost the desire and ability to be patient with other people. This why I'm just here for the forums.
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:25:02 PM
In response to your question....YES!!!!!. Im a great guy, loving, caring, attentive, concerned, a real communicator, open, honest, considerate....and perhaps most of all modest.....lolol.

I could use some assistance in the downtime area, never been good at time off or vacations. I love my work and Ive built a lifestyle that accommodates work first.....honestly, thats an area any woman that becomes involved with me will simply have to accept and work with me at.
 forums1
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:32:09 PM

No. I'm no longer willing to overlook broken promises or people that think they compromise, but really expect to have things their way. I've lost the desire and ability to be patient with other people. This why I'm just here for the forums.

So, since the topic was "would you date yourself", does that mean you think you compromise but really expect things your way and are uncompromising, and wouldn't be patient with yourself?
 Rain587
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:29:10 PM
I would date me because we both like my cooking or can do with eating popcorn if not in the mood, no talking in the morning, I love to travel with myself and never argue if want to zipline or browse antique stores; like being scared on ghost tours, and I can handle myself being weird, sassy, and bullheaded.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >