Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 44
Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
No. they are just "fishing". I think it is some sort of game...caht to a woman, get her interest, ask her to meet and when she agrees, throw her back and resume fishing. Hell if SHE agreed, then there is likely something "better" just panting to take the hook.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 45
Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:41:59 PM
Sorry Crayola. I am in an exasperated mood. Don't mind me.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:49:36 PM
The fishing analogy? It is mine. Thanks if that was the clever thing you meant
 who_the_fox
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/27/2005 7:33:42 PM
Which men is it that I am supposed to be asking out? The guys over 40 are chasing the women u der 30, the men under 40 apparently only see me as an"easy lay". Leaves me with....oh gee...no one.
 a_vamp
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/27/2005 9:56:31 PM
- No, I never said that!

Where do you live where there are no men available?
- Huh?

Do you ever insist on going dutch on dates ahead of time?
- What for? I'll offer to go dutch but if he wanna pay go ahead. Why insist?

Oh wait... DamnPizza's account been deleted....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:44:58 AM
@gotapulse. Sweetie, you are 29....only 2 years older than my son. As much as I admire your outrageous optimism, men over 40 never ever get a dose of reality and quit chasing the 20 yos. They just get bad tempered and bitter and set their sights on the 25 yos. That is just a fact of life. Men your age have a completely different mindset....which is great for the women your age.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:56:41 AM
First of all, there are no assumptions in what I am stating. Secondly, there is nothing false about what I am stating. It is just the facts.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/28/2005 5:40:19 PM
I am going by my experience. I don't get asked out, ever. So it isn't like I am "too picky". I do not EVER post provocative pix and NEVER participate in sexual talk in the Forums or anywhere else. How is that giving men the wrong idea? I still get the pigdogs messaging/emailing and expecting me to be panting to jump into bed with them.

My guy buddies who are over 40 come right out and tell me that they would never consider dating a woman over 40 and I have read more than one Forum thread with the same attitude/topic. I get told that if a younger man shows interest it is only because "old women" are easy lays....yes, that comes from the buds and also from many threads here in Forums. I used to send email to men who caught my interest, but never got a reply and after reading the Forums and listening to my buddies, I won't ever send another.

I am not sure what guys think, but for some woman, there are no date invitations, of any sort. Hell, the local guys won't even meet face to face for coffee!! In the last 5 or 6 months I have had 4 first meets arranged, 2 just didn't show up, 1 had a serious drinking problem and the other made it clear I was too much of a freak for him to be interested.
 devinobambino
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:42:47 AM
some women are too damn picky, and some guys are so stupid they ruin everything for other guys!
 head.cloud123
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/7/2009 2:43:42 PM

In real life, I have been asked out once in the last 2 or 3 years. I have had maybe 3 actual dates through online dating in the same time frame. For the most part, the men I have met via online venues are not looking to "date", they are merely looking to get laid.

My profile is not "sexy", my pics are clean and I do not ever get "sexual" in chat or email. I still get guys assuming that I am willing to screw anything in pants. I would definitely say it is very difficult to get a date.

probably some women laughing at the men who think this is real. men have it harder than women ever had.

most men have probably never been asked out.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/7/2009 2:55:14 PM

Perhaps SOME women have it easier and their "dance cards" are full, but there are a lot of us who don't get any real interest and who meet maybe 1 person every couple of months, or even less often. I think it depends a lot on location and of course, as someone pointed out in a different thread, it is harder for us ugly women to get dates.

lies, lies, lies.

women date more men. multiple men at a time.
women even have back up men they can date when they are in a relationship

how many men are excited about this?
 minako79
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/7/2009 5:25:21 PM
As you get older, it is harder to find quality decent man who would want a stable relationship. You tend to be wiser and pickier in a good way. If you live in big city, no problem to that. you got other avenues to meet people rather than the internet.
 _Paradoximus_Maximus
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/7/2009 5:37:50 PM

The 35+ ones had become more realistic about their chances, and weren't as likely to harbour the delusional beliefs they had when they were younger.

The last sanctuary is delusion -- don't disrespect delusion man! All of my greatest life experiences have been delusional. It is truly easier for the young to get dates -- but they may not know it and if they don't try they won't be successful. Older people have less motivation -- less purpose and less tolerance for failure -- about practically everything, so they find it harder.
 tbuddha
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:54:29 PM
Because guys like me have written the vast majority of them off. Leaving them to pick through losers and self absorbed a holes.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/8/2009 9:53:49 PM

I found that when I was younger it seemed much more difficult to get a date. And most women didn't seem to have that problem.
Once I got older, it became easier. Obviously that had something to do with experience and confidence, but it also had to do with the fact that the women in my age demographic were now more...OK, I'm going to get flamed for this...desperate.

The 35+ ones had become more realistic about their chances, and weren't as likely to harbour the delusional beliefs they had when they were younger. Not to mention the ever present ticking biological clock that grows louder and louder with each passing year.

So, it's been great the last few years for myself as a single man in my demographic.

And by living in a city that has more single women than men, I've had no problems getting dates. Yet, I do hear single women complain about the lack of quality single men and their inability to get dates. However, what they are really saying is that it's not that they can't get dates, they just can't get them with the men they want. Big difference.

Good for you man. Enjoy your situation over women. Must be fun to laugh at how desperate older women are.

So do women sometimes ask you out?
 head.cloud123
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/8/2009 9:56:27 PM

Because guys like me have written the vast majority of them off. Leaving them to pick through losers and self absorbed a holes.

Men are getting smarter and smarter each generation. Today's man knows from a young age that most women are not worth dating. And with chivalry dying out there is no stigma attached to letting their complaints about women be made.

Unfortunately for women more and more men will become like you.
 girlwPriOriTies
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:45:21 PM

It's because women won't date guys who are interested in sex.

exactly.

this is a dating website, not a random hookup website. Our profiles tell you what we are lookin and NOT looking for.

pay attention..or get a hooker..we are not here to be used.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:31:26 PM

we are not here to be used.

stop picking bad men and you wont be used. OR if you do pick bad men, then stop making bad decisions when you date them and you wont be used.
 barbee1970
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/9/2009 4:52:46 AM
We see it on here. Women who don't look like a Barbie doll or supermodel have a hard time. Also dig the whiny gent on one post who didn't like single moms cause he only wanted kids of his genetics.

I wouldn't want kids of his genetics cause a boy might be a whiny little man like this guy.
Alot of us, maybe most are single moms through death of a spouse divorce, alot of reasons. Mine are a bit of both, but single parents aren't bad people.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:19:01 AM
I haven't found that true at all - that it's impossible to get a date. I've been very fortunate and have had many nice dinner and drinks offers since I've been a member here. I've also met several gentlemen in person and have been lucky enough to connect with two of them for committed relationships (the first unfortunately didn't last and I'm currently in the 2nd one). So I don't get the OP's statement that women are complaining it's harder for them to get a date here than it is for the men.

If anything, all I ever see are posts from guys complaining that women won't even reply back to their messages, much less meet them or date them - so I'm surprised to hear that "lots of women" are saying this here on POF.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:48:29 AM
It is easier for women...this is why...

I find it funny when women put "friends" in the "what am I looking for field"...then in there profile put "Im only here to date and have fun, but if I find someone to be with long term then I wont turn it down"....

this basically means that she will date a lot of guys, and pick and choose who she likes to go out on a saturday night with. She has covered all her bases cause she has made it clear she only wants friends, but MAY like someone enough to have a LTR. Nothing wrong with this by the way....

Now, if a guy were to put..."Im only here for friends just want to have fun and date"...he gets labeled as a player automatically...cause he "doesnt know what he wants"...
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2009 4:10:51 AM
Trying too hard...? (this applies no less to men)

~sc~
 karrissma
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/14/2009 6:23:38 PM
It hard to get a decent date with a normal man! I unfortunetely am a freak magnet, and I seem to attract men who feel the need to share strange things on our first dates. Like the guy who, when I asked him what he liked to do for fun, he told me he likes to dress in women's clothes! Or the guy who proposed to me on our date - at first I thought he was kidding, but he was dead serious. One guy spent our date telling me how much I looked/sounded/acted just like his ex wife! (he, btw, called me for months, singing me love songs on my answering machine til I finally had to change my number) I recently had a guy who seemed to be really interested in meeting, only to spend our date on his cell phone texting someone else!

I agree, I think women are just as picky as men, and chemistry is important, but it's not the only thing. And women like sex as much as men, but I know for me, there's gotta be more than that - if we can hang out and have fun, and then have great sex too, I'm all for it.

I've been lucky in that I've had some good relationships, but lately it seems like it's been hard to meet anyone.
 Vannili
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:51:49 PM
I have no problem about dating , perhaps I am a cheap date, that is why I am in demand, guys gave a piece of gum and I bring my own bottle of water and we can chat 3 hours or more ,to get to know each other, inside the mall sitting on those benches there, until the mall close
 Vannili
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 7:39:50 PM
kennedy: yes that's correct but the real bummer why it is hard for women to get a date because the MEN are on strike ,it is costing them a lots of money to date a woman.. And those women don't even offer to pay half or pay for both of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?