Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Are women more visual and sexual than men ?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
That's generalizing.

Don't you think?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Are women more visual and sexual than men ?
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:16:00 PM
Yes they are covert about it.
 grove_22
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/18/2012 12:50:27 PM
In general, I think women are just as visual as men are. For example, many women won't date a man that is shorter than she is.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:27:52 PM
Kites said it best.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:37:11 PM

I honestly think THEY should be wearing the burkahs, not just the women...

at least, buttocks - & pectorals- burkahs judging by the reactions of most women..
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/18/2012 2:37:06 PM
I'm guessing women are more sexual.
But most certainly control it better then men.

As for visual...
men are.

Women do like good visuals...
but most women would need more than that
for you to find out about her superior sexual aspects.
:-P
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:06:08 PM
I love a small designer handbag
 seasinblue
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:56:05 AM
Not sure. I think everyone has their "type". I see people in relationships that make me think "really"?

I am a visual person, but I have my own "type". I am VERY attracted by beautiful things, but my idea of what is beautiful is my idea. I think old graveyards are amazing. I love storms and anything gothic.

So if a guy doesn't fit what I find visually attractive we will never be more than friends. I would be surprised if that wasn't a common thing for most people.

One of my friends likes chunky guys and that is a definite no way for me. I find bald really unattractive but many women love it. It's all relative. I don't care if a guy is short as long as he has a pretty face (oh, and nice hair) - most women hate that, they want tall guys. See, relative.
 seasinblue
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/20/2012 7:09:29 AM
Yup, the generalizing is funny.

What drives me crazy is the "woman don't care about looks, but like power and money". Not me. I am most definitely attracted to a good looking man. I wouldn't care much about anything else as long as he wasn't nuts or a bigot.

I hate when a not-so-good-looking guy tries to force money or power or whatever on me to try and BUY me. I find that perverted. I am not property.

Attraction must be visual for me. I am a very visual person. I think most women are just trying to be "nice" by saying looks don't matter. Others go with dudes to get money or safety from them - they WANT something from them as users. But if you think about it men would do the same. Both sexes are looking for attraction but individuals have different desires and varying levels of what they will tolerate in another.

If looks don't matter why are celebrities and models of both sexes good looking. I never saw a fat, bald guy over 60 modeling in Paris. Seems like we have a common understanding of what good-looking means, but that doesn't mean individuals are only drawn by that. The variables are vast - need money, lonely, people person, want kids, need a mommy or daddy to care for them, like to mate, etc. And those variables can influence people to find a partner they are not really attracted to.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/9/2012 10:02:28 PM
I don't think they are.

I think its men that are more visual, its the reason women do things like instinctively play with their hair if they are interested among other things, because it draws our attention to them.. Its the same reason why whenever you look at a dance floor you always see more women then men.

Men value beauty more whatever that is for them.. whereas women value qualities and traits more. They still love their eye candy but in the end you can be Brad Pitt and be a pushover and they aren't going to be interested.

I also think women can start out unattracted and become attracted to a man at a later time, I don't think the same is true for men.

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone but I do believe what I've said because I've seen it.

If you're a natural leader its doesn't matter what you look like most women will be attracted to you because of that, of course there is more and this is only one example.

There was a quote somewhere but I haven't been able to find it I was looking for it the other day.. something along the lines of a Man learns to love his woman, the woman learns to be attracted to him (something like that anyway, I could be wrong)
 SirDorksAlot
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:20:13 PM

Guys see the feminine figure. The curves, the long hair, the pretty feminine faces. Women see our confidence, how we hold our cool in difficult situations... how strong we are socially. They're able to pick up on these things rather quickly and easily.

BUZZZ WRONG that comes after they notice you....

NOT true. WE see tall, full head of hair, broad shoulder, flat abs, sparkle in his eyes and full lips. We notice perfectly toned arms, nice buts. WE see it. while we might be obsessed with getting the guy who looks like that WE NOTICE IT.

Right, both men AND women are visual. men see the pretty face, curves and body.
women see the Hair, eyes, butt, and a hard tall body too.
then both sexes get to know the person then the personality determines continued interest.
what's the difference? there is none. both men and women notice the same physical stuff about each other before they get to know one another.
 grizzelda
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 7:20:20 AM
but it seems to be less true for younger women since they've been raised in a more permissive environment where it's more acceptable for women to express themselves sexually.

Yes, because we all know that teenagers wont do anything to be noticed by the opposite sex now dont we....They would never do something as silly as go along with the herd on order to fit in....

Or believe that is the way they are supposed to behave in a world that bombards them with overtly sexual advertising that is primarily geared to a male market. The vast majority of sexual material is geared towards a male fantasy of sex, there is very little female oriented sexual material out there and there is a reason for that, if it doesnt generate money, it wont survive. I can tell you that looking at a static picture or a movie does very little for me, it has nothing to do with how I was raised or some baloney that women are repressed.

Why do we call some one who doesnt talk about their sex life at every chance they get to anyone who will listen inhibited? Why do we consider someone who doesnt spend an inordinate amount of time looking at nude pictures of people they have no connection to inhibited? Why is someone who isnt chasing sex all the time repressed?
 jmark4
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:42:50 PM

I pose the question to you all

I believe they are - however they are very covert about it.

Your thoughts and views ?

No. men are. Women are more audible and emotional. In todays U.S. though, many women are as shallow as the men. Times have changed.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 1:20:37 PM
HKOangel99 did not know what X-Art is.

I googled it.

And.

Wow. o.O

If this is what women are visually into can I join lol? o.O
 Manny187316
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/19/2012 1:52:25 AM
I think women love the visual aspects of having a man that "looks" like he will protect her and provide for, ie. big broad shoulders, tall and muscular, and a nice ass is an added plus. I've had women admit that they chose another guy over me based on them having broader shoulders and being more muscular. My two cents.
 GWSmith
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:24:11 PM
I'm only answering because I can't sleep: I'm not sure what OP is asking.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/5/2012 12:30:07 PM
Women self-examine every freakin' inch of themselves before they step out for the evening. Why do you think it takes them so long to get ready? Guys - IF they look in a mirror - usually part their hair in 30 seconds and move on. Guys (in public) will ogle at a woman for a long time without saying (or frankly, thinking) anything - girls will 'scan' quickly and take a detailed inventory of their appearance.

Guys are more aroused visually. There's not much argument about that.
Girls are more detail-oriented visually. Not much argument there, either.

We use our eyes differently, so comparing them in one category is pretty much apples to oranges.

That being said, Photos still mean EVERYTHING in your online profile. You could be a Nodel prize winner, but perspective dates won't care if you look like a diseased version of a young Jerry Lewis.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >