Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 4
I was wondering why more people do not rate sex as a major priority in a relationship.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Says who?

We all know that sex is a very important part of any relationship.

No sex = No relationship

However smart people know that it takes time to get to that level of communication.

How smart are you?
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 12
I was wondering why more people do not rate sex as a major priority in a relationship.
Posted: 2/18/2012 6:53:48 AM
@msg 14 Not #1. No. #2 would be more accurate. If you really like a guy; you know the way to his heart.
 MikeWM
Msg: 13
view profile
History
I was wondering why more people do not rate sex as a major priority in a relationship.
Posted: 2/18/2012 7:39:01 AM
I wouldnt say its "never" stated. just rarely

As for why, that varies

For some people its just because they dont enjoy it, see it as a bit of a chore or would rather read a book most of the time, but will try to appear "keen" until they think they have somebody snagged

For some women they wont mention it to avoid being stigmatised or viewed badly either by men or other women

Some men wont mention it so theyre not stigmatised or viewed badly by the women they are interested in dating

Some people wont mention it due to overcompensating for it being the ONLY thing theyre interested in

And some people will avoid mentioning it to test the other person in various ways or to try and appear to be "nicer"than they really are amongst other forms of misrepresentation/manipulation

And theres going to be dozens of other ones I didnt think of so take your pick

Irrespective of the reasons though I find its best to completely avoid the extremes at both end of the scale and just focus on people where it seems to only be discussed where relevant and not too often or too infrequently as they tend to be the more natural and honest people whereas the ones at either extreme of either talking about it too much or too little tend to more often than not either have serious issues about sex or are trying to be or appear to be somebody they arent
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 9:01:37 PM

Because it's not. When you grow up you'll figure out that the sex typically falls in line when you click with someone.

...or the way I think of it, good sex is a symptom of a good relationship, not a prerequisite.

Likewise, if the sex is bad, that's often a symptom that there are other problems in the relationship. So stating up front that you want good sex is kinda like saying you want to not run a fever and oh, by the way, you want to be physically healthy.

Of course if there's no chemistry, no sensual connection, that should be enough to steer two people away from each other.
 neck romancer
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 10:23:03 AM
It honestly shocks me when someone especially a woman puts that in her profile. But when they do I assume they are very strong people and appreciate their honesty.
 Frogy27
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 12:17:17 PM
sex is the point of a reliship with out it no point to be toghter
 want to travel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
I was wondering why more people do not rate as a major priority in a relationship.
Posted: 3/26/2012 12:25:56 PM
is a corner stone of any good relationship,(long term)
anyone who does not think so is dreaming
that said, it is not the only thing that counts, or even the most important thing
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >