Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ryuoki
Msg: 251
view profile
History
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?Page 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Who is to say that she will have her irl inbox full? Haven't you been paying attention to the men in the forums speaking of getting tired of women like that???

Trust me. An announcement like that, men will line up. Her box will not stay empty for long (hint hint, wink wink, say no more, say no more).
 kj521
Msg: 252
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:04:46 PM
ryuoki....

Have to say adventurejoe, made some interesting points.

Especially his point & question #2. I do think that is a little odd and would be interested in that response.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/22/2015 5:16:21 PM

Today is probably my 3rd day of being here and was contemplating if to pay or not.

Sadly the answer is going to be a no for the time being.

There is absolutely no need to pay for rejection when you can get an abundance of it for free.

Is this a hostile place or I have been unlucky?

but I suddenly found a few who have already blocked me and I don't even know these folks nor have I been on any dates with them ever before.

It's a hostile place.
At the present time.

May be the name should be changed from Fish market is it?

PlentyOfFish is accurate enough for a name.
You just have to realize there is a lot of mercury poisoning going on.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 254
Posted: 2/22/2015 9:12:26 PM

We only live once.

For some of us, myself included, that is one too many. When I was a little boy, I didn't want to live past 50. Little did I know just how right I was (except it should have been 48 instead of 50).
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/22/2015 9:43:28 PM

I'll eat poultry instead...
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 256
Posted: 2/23/2015 1:48:00 AM

I was mainly joking for the most part my post stemmed from my "Profile review" I said that while I was getting messages from girls, I could probably get more if my profile was tweaked, I'm paraphrasing. Then someone which may or may not have been asked why did I expect that and that I was an average looking guy who would have to overhaul everything.

If you're getting messages and that's enough for you, then you're quite fortunate (and must be doing something right), in that regard.

I wasn't offended, I found it amusing the worst thing in my eyes to be is simply average, nothing stands out.

The best thing is not to expect anything. If you're getting messages, it's all good.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/23/2015 9:05:05 AM

This could be a problem as well. GMO corn diet, antibiotics, hormones. Then all the stuff during the slaughter in terms of salmonella or e-coli.

Hehehe. Could not resist.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:25:21 PM

InnerGorilla said: "This could be a problem as well. GMO corn diet, antibiotics, hormones. Then all the stuff during the slaughter in terms of salmonella or e-coli."

Don't forget about chlorine, fluoride, EDTA, TBHQ and BPA...all hostility, ADHD causing additives...lol
 CTRLvector
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:11:30 AM
Yo you guys want to get down off these plastic water bottles? BPA is the shit, why go for GMO's when you can have industrial chemical BPA. Is it a concern that there isn't any regulation regarding the production and application of BPA in food and water products. I mean technically it could be if you've ever been concerned about illness or injury that disrupts/deregulates - an otherwise healthy - neurologic/hormone function.

Its all good though, im sure given the state of the FDA they will be quick to get off their ass or identify BPA as a recall product to be excluded from food/water/drug storage. Still, its best not to ruffle any feathers - why explore the potential dangers of BPA when you can validate them as currently acceptable? And if later studies show BPA as being significantly more detrimental to neurochemistry and hormone function than previously thought, oh well, if the BPA doesn't do it, and the mercury doesn't do it, we could always wait for fracking to become a huge issue. Or all 3, that would be sweet.

I get Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.

However, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has said that BPA is safe at the very low levels that occur in some foods. This assessment is based on review of hundreds of studies.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 260
Posted: 2/24/2015 10:09:07 AM

Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has said that BPA is safe at the very low levels that occur in some foods.

FDA=Monsanto
 LastInexperiencedUnicorn
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:29:50 AM
LOL! I've learned over these past 11 yrs. of intermittent dating (was married briefly for 2nd time, which ended w/ his death) that I, seriously, PRAY to meet men while I'm out on a hiking trail w/ my sweet husky or while volunteering in the Pisgah or Cherokee National Forest.
I've learned that there are numerous men on here seeking only poly-amorous or poly-marriages. I've learned that 95% of all men w/in 8 yrs. of my age are posting very old pics, some as old as 20 yrs!
I've learned that POF is a wonderful place to meet a few great friends, men & women.
I've learned to not take dating or the men I meet very, seriously, at all until they act. Sidenote: I've been & get stood up, alot! Many times this was after coming in totally muddy from working on my farm, cleaning up, dressing nicely, driving 45-min. to 3 hrs. away away only to be stood up. Or coming in exhausted from a 36 hr. birth, getting several hrs. of shut-eye & then driving all over, again, only to get stood up.
Thus, I've learned to go back to my 'raisin' & require 1st couple meets/dates on my stomping grounds.
I've learned to read men way better, having been raised in an extremely, strict & sheltered background & being around only male relatives or male church members.
 LastInexperiencedUnicorn
Msg: 262
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:33:14 AM
Lessons from these forums: My dating experiences are so common & we are all human with our own shortcomings. I've learned we are all, frequently, too eager to push something and not often that we don't give one another enough grace & time.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 263
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:32:28 AM

Who is to say that she will have her irl inbox full? Haven't you been paying attention to the men in the forums speaking of getting tired of women like that???
Kinda makes the whole "women competing each other for men ridiculous as well.

Again, the "single" t-shirt, for gals who are too scared to kick-off conversations with guys at bars and other arenas where singles are more often to hang out -- is for those who don't have luck coming their way. If a woman's sitting in the background quietly and not getting male attention, she needs to do something. My point is, she doesn't even have to be as (emotionally) risk taking as a guy. Just wearing something that will draw guys to say hello. A funny/humorous single & looking shirt would do. That, or even a more even-keeled one wouldn't draw cat-fights. If the gal is going out with a lot of single ladies craving cake & c0ck out on the town, then sure, she doesn't need to do much. But then again, she wouldn't be complaining because if she's reasonably good looking with a decent demeanor, she'll be getting attention, so no advice on getting guys' #s and attention would be warranted. My advice was for those who are looking for male attention who aren't getting much of any, without emotional risk. And yes, a single & looking shirt in the fitting environments will get her mailbox (along with a box of another variety) full! :)

As a side topic: More things I've learned (from Forum and dating discussions in general):
- Many folks believe that age itself makes things very different in one's behavior, persona, etc. I disagree. I think when we get older, we like to think someone who's only (scoff) 25 has sooo much to learn VS someone who's 35 VS someone who's 45, etc. - depending on our age. We like to naturally believe we gain So much being on the older scale when the dating scene isn't as good or we're not as good a commodity as we'd like it 10-20 years prior, etc.

- Online sites have variety. But there are commonalities/tones set. POF is known for single moms (and I'm assuming dads), where Match has a higher amt of career-oriented singles past young adulthood with no kids. Better LTR catches on Match, more tag-em-and-bag-em "prospects" on POF. Both can be found for either or, just noting the % differences in what one should expect...

- People are too self-conscious about judging about looks. Not just in the OLD arena, but in life in general. It's funny.. those who claim they aren't into looks should be less offended by being told they're a 5/10, but the opposite tends to be true.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:37:23 PM
I have learned those who state they don't like drama are most likely to be the ones who create it.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 265
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:02:56 PM
MONSANTO
( earth )
OTNASNOM
 razors_edge55
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 3:18:19 PM
What i have learned is I'm a deep water fish in a shallow pond
 PrettyBr0wneyed1
Msg: 269
Posted: 3/8/2015 2:07:42 PM
What I have learned is that keeping it brief, light and if you can invoke some humor, it keeps people engaged. The more lengthy profiles most times don't get read, many primarily just look at photos. I think it's better to keep a lot of profile information brief and left to dialogue and in the course of that, you can tell if you may want to proceed or not.

Also, to be leery of the catfish on the site, if something seems off, it usually is, either opt to skype or opt to cut the interaction. Go with your gut instinct. I tend to want to be an optimist and believe that most are not honest, so asking enough probing questions you can figure some things out.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 270
Posted: 3/8/2015 2:26:45 PM

This could be a problem as well. GMO corn diet, antibiotics, hormones. Then all the stuff during the slaughter in terms of salmonella or e-coli.

Don't forget about chlorine, fluoride, EDTA, TBHQ and BPA...all hostility, ADHD causing additives...lol

Yo you guys want to get down off these plastic water bottles? BPA is the shit, why go for GMO's when you can have industrial chemical BPA.

POF advice, always use a condom, even with oral.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 271
Posted: 3/8/2015 5:37:54 PM

Also, to be leery of the catfish on the site, if something seems off, it usually is, either opt to skype or opt to cut the interaction. Go with your gut instinct. I tend to want to be an optimist and believe that most are not honest, so asking enough probing questions you can figure some things out.

Know question about it ! Your Words of the Wise...

I think in the beginning you give the other person the benefit of a doubt !....But here all bets are off if in that respect. If you're been here... or there after a while you’re see.... & you have to be realistic & rational. Nothing else !
Never trust anyone here till... they can meet you in the middle for starters. Never assume they are telling the truth till then. As many are still going through their past heeling process, etc etc...lets hope for them it works out...

And remember there are a lot of'' sweet talkers here'' that only here to ‘’stroke you or others of their days gone by''.... etc... as I find those the aka, ‘’ the evil types ‘' that only here to hurt....as their past must have been very traumatic & so I guess I should feel sympathy for them in that regards.

imo.... if the fish smells the slightest fishy.... through that Sucker back... cuz he or she is past its prime in any capacity in a conducive relationship, friendship, etc,etc. Imo... send them to a shrink if need be... its not your problem but theirs.
 iamconstipated
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/9/2015 7:35:13 AM
By reading the posts learned how many bitter divorced men exist who think all women are out for their wallet. Can't blame them when the bitter guys threading lack a personality.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 273
Posted: 3/9/2015 8:46:32 AM
I've learned - that somebody is a sophist

The way men and women (indivisbily) associate themselves.
i.e. Tom thinks all women are the same because hes an idiot, and his experience was subjective. So Tom is a hypocrit (for the female version sub tom with angina.

What anyone meeting the threshold of relatively intelligent. Would know the difference between personal experience, and gender as a whole.

But uh, yeah, gender wars are cool because they bring out the tards.
 Cynderella
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2015 8:53:38 AM
^^^ I like being a tard in real life I'm a tart

P.S. Not much other than some are bitter and some slay me to tears with laughter.

I did learn...I like Pigs
 the_summerwind
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/10/2015 4:37:33 AM
@ purplerider1200
"Are you gardening for sympathy?"
No. Call it, looking at reality straight on, and accepting things the way they are. What do you expect us to do? Pick the first available, and go sashaying off into the sunset? Yeah, right. I'm not stepping in front of that train.

And I don't see you doing it.

^^^ Yes she been crying in her beer for many years here....& it sound like she already been run over by a train...

As her constant depressing posts, past relationships, dates, bad luck, etc, etc will attain too...

Many here have tried to give her hope & encouragement over the years, but to sadly to no avail... as she keep her little choo choo train going along... in her woes of the world she lives in.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?