Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 76
view profile
History
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?Page 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Dating: is for the birds
The forums: are full of the those birds

Seriously though, it's dysfunctional up in here. What I have learned on the forums though, is that you must 'choose...your next words carefully Leonidas, for they may be your last as a poster" Apparently, single moms are a daters kryptonite, asking for BJ's on a first date are a shoo-win, and doctors with large penises making a six-figure salaries are the norm.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 77
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?
Posted: 2/21/2012 6:30:52 AM

Have anyone found the forums to be helpful in understanding yourself or other people?

Being very honest, I see a ton of bitterness in the forums that I simply don't see displayed in the guys that I meet in real life. Maybe the forums brings it out of people, but I don't deal with all this nonsense about who buys coffee or having to put out by the 3rd date or having to be the aggressor or any of the things men constantly complain about here in the forums.

So no, I haven't found the forums to be helpful, but they ARE entertaining as hell.
 114M3
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/21/2012 7:08:23 AM

Maybe the forums brings it out of people, but I don't deal with all this nonsense about who buys coffee or having to put out by the 3rd date or having to be the aggressor or any of the things men constantly complain about here in the forums.

I can relate. .. Maybe I just haven't dated enough? ...... Maybe I've just been hella lucky? .. But same here. I've never ran into any of the typical melodramatic stuff you come across on here *knocks on wood* ....... 99% of the men I met from online have been gentlemen ... always picked up the tab or could respect the fact that we go dutch ..... never pressed for sex if we went beyond the *gasp* THHHHIIIIIRD date! .......... oh man, come to think of it, believe it or not the real world of dating & relating I live in sounds like a rainbows-and-lollipops place compared to the stuff you read on here!

Stay tuned for the next ..... "As the POF Turns "!!!! ...
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/21/2012 9:24:10 AM
Hmmm. Last post to this question got zapped and I innocently thought it was a good response to what I have learned on the POF forums and dating. Guess I should change it to, if someone doesn't like it, they can delete it. I just said that there are lots of men who are going to end up in the Home waiting for the perfect woman, before they realize they passed up some great women along the way -- who moved on without them.
 DragonBits
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/21/2012 9:55:18 AM
For a minute, I thought you really were 87.
 DragonBits
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/21/2012 1:20:52 PM
valenciacityx: The Ukraine sounds so cold and forbidding, I keep thinking vodka, Dr. Zhivago and big Russian fur hats. I am sure it must be charming, but that is my mental image.

A large part of PoF is a Mutual Contempt Society. They have different chapters, but the same theme.

You are part of it, you represent the “I don't like American women group, I got a foreign bride”, then there is the “Good Riddance to you” contingent. I would think both sides should be happy, you get what you want and they get what they want.

But “I got a foreign bride” group and the the American women “good riddance” group both seem bitter.

What I don't get, why are both groups bitter?
 Capn_America
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/21/2012 2:52:43 PM

What I don't get, why are both groups bitter?

Boredom.
Or Masochism
I personnally belong to the "I don't give a Crap" non-profitable organisation. We make sure to treat all members, male or female, with the same degree of....respect
 DragonBits
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/21/2012 3:12:24 PM
Capn_America I was being a little sarcastic, I probably do get why people are bitter, but sarcasm is a lost art on a forum.

The men are bitter because they were hurt by women not wanting to date them in the quality or quantity they thought they deserved, or they got hurt in a divorce. Likely both.

The women are bitter because they are lonely, maybe some guy cheated on them, they feel past their prime, maybe a lot of boring or loser type of men are their only choices.

One reason to date younger women or younger men, they usually are not as bitter.
 trinity818
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2012 3:15:27 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm just tired.

I've spent a fair amount of time perusing and posting in the political and off topic categories. I've learned quite a lot from reading the viewpoints of other people from all around the world. I find the people here to be quite fascinating. The good...the bad...and the ugly.

zookie57
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/21/2012 3:46:56 PM

but I don't deal with all this nonsense about who buys coffee or having to put out by the 3rd date or having to be the aggressor or any of the things men constantly complain about here in the forums

good point & yes it's endless in those who complain at a drop of a hat! lol

And the nonsense here, is put lightly jerseygirl. lol lol

So no, I haven't found the forums to be helpful, but they ARE entertaining as hell.

And that the sick thing about this place...............do I really need to listen too all this crapola? loo

Yes, if anything its telling what ails them more then what is positive....

& that being said ,the very low successful match rate here,10% so there ya got.... if over 30????? Were the hippie's right? lol

& just wondering is there a certain age that they just say,fuzk it! lol
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/21/2012 3:58:26 PM
I have learned the most attractive POF women
seem to live in Canada or California.

don't know why.
but there you have it.
 DragonBits
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/21/2012 4:09:37 PM
Stray__Cat I have noticed there are a lot of hot women in Canada, not sure why either. And a few in the UK I would travel for, Maine, California also.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/21/2012 5:03:13 PM
Ummmmmm

Noone told me I was supposed to actually "learn" anything

valenciacityx
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/21/2012 5:04:14 PM
with enough vodka - the indifference is only surpassed by the apathy.

Never married - so never divorced - not bitter
Never dated an American girl - never happened - not bitter
Never meshed with American culture - spent too many years overseas - not bitter

An acquired taste that doesnt go well with the local pallette ? Bingo
I was never their Widget, they were never my market. I should have known better than to bother - but then again even Chevy had their Nova - meh.

*PS There are PAGES of Canadian girls that show up as 'local' to me - they do indeed seem to answer the emails more frequently than the domestic girls
Hell the float plane flight into Victoria is a damn nice 'commute'
 DragonBits
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/21/2012 9:09:19 PM
valenciacityx: How long have you actually lived in the USA? I know you were often stationed overseas.

It's odd you have never dated in the USA. It's wasn't very hard for me to have a GF for 10 years, then get married for 13 years to someone else. And I was short, fat and bald. It shouldn't be hard for you to date, assuming you really wanted to.

But since I have seen you, IMO you deliberately push women away. At least as long as I have posted here, which after all is only 6 weeks and I see you have a profile since 2009.

I know you don't care anymore, but could it be you are bitter because no one wanted to date you? That would seem like a good enough reason.

For some reason you often repeat the same info about moving to the Ukraine.

You have to know, I don't really care one way or the other, just saying there are several camps that like to snipe at each other on the forums.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/22/2012 12:35:07 AM

Maffers:

I was never their Widget, they were never my market.

You use this over and over... What the hell does it mean?

widg·et/ˈwijit/
Noun: A small gadget or mechanical device.

It means he wasn't their gadget, and they weren't someone he was trying to sell that gadget to.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:09:08 AM
It was better about three years ago. One could see on a profile a link to someone's postings. How often the posts didn't match who someone claimed to be. It was a good way to throw the bad ones back into the pond.
 Jaimes004
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:21:50 AM
I have learned that divorced people will not settle for just anyone. They will have what they want in a SO, or nothing at all. Me included.
 GodsChild750
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:23:15 AM
I have learned that many people in this world are bitter and jaded. I will be sure not to become one of them.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/22/2012 10:36:52 AM
'widget' is the generic econ term for what ever product you think you want to sell; if you build your argument around say, house, oil, car - each carries a preconceived value, market, price, and commodity - people get trapped into the perceptions of what it should be worth - economists and the text books pull out the specific product and replace it with 'widget' . It is the generic term for what ever the hell one thinks they want to sell.
And it is exactly why the Chevy Nova did not sell well in Mexico, and Campbell's Soup doesnt sell well in Russia - localization and market perceptions of the 'widget' did not match- no matter the ad, the product, the price, nor the supply - it just wasnt a good fit - and somebody should have known better.
There is nothing good of me for American women, and appropriately there is nothing good for me of American women. Bad product / market mix - somebody should have known better -

All told, in the last twenty five years, I have only spent 9 in country - the last three some odd have been the most abysmal - I should have retired overseas. I know better now.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:45:45 AM
valenciacityx , With the Chevy Nova and Mexico, when the name of a car translates to No Go, you're going to have a problem selling them.
 Maleman999
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/22/2012 2:26:26 PM
What I've learned is how quickly militant feminists can flip-flop and suddenly become a traditional woman when it comes to dating. They are preaching they are independent, don't need a man, "I am woman hear me roar", etc. But in dating, their view is it's still the man's role to do the chasing, the contacting, the planning of a date, and do the paying. A feminist's vision of a perfect man is the same as other women's vision-the protector, provider, warrior, hunter-even though they always preach they don't need man to look after them.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:06:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^dating is different from our relationships w/ our co-workers

there are mating & courtship rituals
 Hopeneverdissapoints
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:07:41 PM
Well, I don't know about any of you, but I just learned about a wine enema....
 FloridaLady46
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:31:08 PM

One reason to date younger women or younger men, they usually are not as bitter.

I have learned that the most common defense mechanism used by both genders is to generalize something to the entire population to justify their behavior.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?