Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Giggles10000
Msg: 102
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?Page 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Ive learned what my responsibility is in dating, that I shouldn't meet a man Im not physically attracted to cause men wish to be desired as well as women.

I also learned who's post on the forums to skip cause they are jaded, bitter and will be on here after the world ends in December 1212!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 103
PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:21:47 PM

BLoNDeANGeL12524:
For a man of my generation or older, I am surprised at what u say

Well one who was raised around the Military and then served himself, no matter the, race, sex, or creed everyone at each pay grade was paid the same as everyone else in that paid grade. Now I did get ticked off when told to do someone's job of equal rank because I was a man and stronger than a woman. If they want the same pay for the same job then they can carry their end of the dang log. I believe in equal pay for equal work, just don't ask me to do my job and theirs at the same time.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:35:28 PM

there are mating & courtship rituals

Some of which are far outdated.

Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:01:27 PM
1.that its wrong for a man to expect sex after 3 dates but its ok for women to expect a man to pay for all 3 dates.

2.because its a game of supply and demand on pof women tend to be more shallow and picky.and if a women decides to email a guy chances are no dude is even giving them the time of day so they are just getting desperate

3.when women say they want a nice guy.....they leave out the fine print.

4.even though your profile matches the other persons to the point u are a perfect match does not mean their interested

5.women will always cry that they want to be equal to men but will never let go of the entitlements of being a women

6.In the dating world women really have the upper hand but it just does not seem like that because women complain more and play the victum while they never take responsibility for their bad choices

7.pof can screw up the average man's self esteem yet make the under average woman think she is cuter than what she really is.

8.while watching women being picky and still end up getting screwed over by guys they think is mr.right and the guys who dont get a chance because they get looked over by women makes me think this world must be filled with alot of angry and lonely people.
 lacalli
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:16:29 PM
Today I learned that Monica Lewinsky seduced President Clinton and that a single mother can apply, paint and decorate her own acrylic nails.
 abelian
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:43:28 PM
I've learned that women must like ass holes because so many of them keep talking to me.
 Capn_America
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:49:08 AM

I've learned that women must like ass holes because so many of them keep talking to me.

LMAO I'll drink to that
 Jaimes004
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:38:10 AM

haha.....nice abelian....and true. I learned that at a young age! Women do not want the "nice guy". Be nice, but a little "arrogant confidence" goes a long way.
 spot4username
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:32:24 AM

I've learned PittsburghVixen should probably be president of the 'Buckaroo Banzai' fan club.

Wait. What? There is a Buckaroo Banzai fan club around here? I have been searching for an overthruster in all the wrong places it would seem.
 Capn_America
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:45:45 AM
I've learned because I cook and clean my house, I am not 'masculine.'

Holy CRAP...I better watch out? Your t*ts pop out yet, dude? LOL.

I've learned the people I really would like to meet live as far away from me as humanly possible, save for one woman I would like to get to know who is just out of reach.

Story of my life....

I've learned the definition of a 'Redundant Subject' is a by product of some peoples' inability to cope with change. They don't listen even when people 'scream' it at them, so it has to be repeated until the message gets through or sinks in.
Just had the image of a 45 turn (ugh, pardon my french, "un record 45 tours") record that keeps jumping

I've found some have learned to speak English by texting.

LOL How can you even TEXT a profile up on POF? Is that like, humanly possible? Or do people just see this as a "hey, pick me up" type of service? lol

All in all some are cool, some are maniacally funny, some are wise, many are smart and some are just plain whack jobs. A good mix........

I just learned that some people are still cool, and have great senses of humor and wit. Thanks dude

Oh, and I also learned that d*ck rhymes with lick, s*ck with f*ck. But unfortunately, most women don't want to use them in the same sentence. mouahahahaha, *insert evil smile here*
 zookie57
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:55:44 PM

I've learned Peppermint Petunias is my movie 'soulmate.'
I've learned PittsburghVixen should probably be president of the 'Buckaroo Banzai' fan club.
I've learned about some new flours from another poster.

I've learned because I cook and clean my house, I am not 'masculine.' So, I've decided to starve myself and put in my application to be on a future episode of "Hoarders."

I've learned I'm like an overripe apple; I'm overly sweet but no one will pick me, so, instead, I'll wait for the day I fall down, rot and die.

I've learned the people I really would like to meet live as far away from me as humanly possible, save for one woman I would like to get to know who is just out of reach.

I've learned many people are 'trigger' happy. The line is horribly blurred between plain old frustration and anger, rage, hate, misogyny and misandry. Some abuse these terms at will.

I've learned it is hard for something to be deemed a 'Chat topic" when there is no chat room.

I've learned the definition of a 'Redundant Subject' is a by product of some peoples' inability to cope with change. They don't listen even when people 'scream' it at them, so it has to be repeated until the message gets through or sinks in.

I've found some have learned to speak English by testing.

I've learned 'pay sites' are just as bad as here, so I'll stick around. Might as well get rejected for free!!!

I've learned the word 'settle' is just a 'pretty' word for entitlement.

I've learned a Profile Review is the equivalent of having a complete stranger rewrite it for you.

I've learned some are so paranoid, one would think they are going/went on a date with 'Stranger Danger.'

I've learned some have such high expectations that don't exist anywhere; online, real life or fantasy.

I've learned I can get a BJ with a condom, a Wine Enema is wayyyy too much TMI and we just can't live without putting labels on stuff.

All in all some are cool, some are maniacally funny, some are wise, many are smart and some are just plain whack jobs. A good mix........

U about covered it all there dreamer?

LOL

Well u learned a lot what is out there on the net.....free or not so emotionally free from their past mis-adventures in love or what ever it was they thought they were in at the time......

Yes,it sucks when u been pigeon holes before u opened their pie hole too! lol

imo, go where they don't they are already not already jaded in thinking u are one of their ex's! lol good luck! imo

ps fish where the water is still & clean to swim in....jmo
 RT_2
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/23/2012 5:53:40 PM
On these forums, the more interesting, bold, sexy, ballsy, hilarious, etc, the posts are on a thread, the more likely the thread will be deleted. My most daring posts were on threads that got deleted. Therefore, don't judge someone by posting history because they may have made different posts on threads that got deleted.

When a woman starts a thread about a dating or relationship situation, no matter how great the guy sounds, an army of haters will post, telling her not to see him again, saying he must be married, he's a creep, etc. Mostly the replies are by bitter women who behave like crabs in a bucket, with a few male eunuchs hating as well. Eventually one or more realistic, sane responses appear.
 OyVay...
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:23:14 PM
I only read a few of the replies!

First, POF the movie, would be soooo much better than Sex and the City!! Plots and sub-plots galore, a plethora of characters from the site and the forums. Dating experiences that would rival a combination of disneyworld and the twilight zone!!

Hahahahaha!! This would be emmy or academy award material!

So what have I learned? Well a lot of things! Dating on here bears no resemblance to many of the forums! Yes there are plenty of duds, also plenty of darlings!

People should heal before they date again! So many launched out of a bad divorce, sign up the next week, even though they are as angry as he11 and aren't gonna take it anymore!

We have a significant amount of phonies, I guess you could say we have more $3 bills than the treasury gets in a year!

Remember to look before you leap, you could end up on a cactus, instead of satin sheets!

There are some fabulous people who post on the forums!! This is probably the most surprising to me! Yeah we have our half-wits, our anger management club, our gender biased on both sides. BUT we have some truly insightful and caring people, who try and steer people in the right direction, even if they sometimes do it with a club instead of a feather or light tap(cough cough!).

The forums are addictive and satisfying, especially when you can inject a little humor or help for someone in a less fortunate situation.

Thanks, POF!!
 grove_22
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:12:51 PM
If there isn't instant fireworks on the first date, then there won't be a second date.

People are very quick to make negative assumptions about someone based on a small piece of info. Example. A person that has a bathroom mirror photo has no friends.

If you aren't attracted to fat people, then you are shallow.

Some people will have a long list of requirements. Then they will complain that they get very few or no dates. If someone is going to be that picky, then accept the consequences that come with it.
 darlingdigitizer
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:39:55 PM
I have learned a lot meeting and dating on POF! Went to dinner and met several on here and frankly nothing worth keeping yet...lol

I have been told the person I met was a registered sex offender, had a guy wanted me to wear a strap on and "do him" after dinner, met several that have asked for money, one wanted to borrow my car, oh and one who insisted I buy him a bass boat! Not to mention the one who only wanted sex with no relationship.

What am I missing......where are all the good men with morals and values?
 DragonBits
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:34:13 AM
Things I have learned I didn't need to know.

FB doesn't mean Facebook on PoF. What Monkey bites mean. Really dumb ways to have sex . How to use. :P, Avoid getting "slapped in the face with wet flannel", Too many posters don't know what an analogy is, Free love and sex is good as long as you don your protective suit of emotional and physical armor.

The rare inspirational posters.

The poster onehappyfellow have inspired me to take up parachute jumping this year.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:50:39 AM
Mr Nonchalance- You have nailed it! You wrote what I have been saying for a long time.
 c4st_4w4y
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:53:17 AM
So far, I 've learned that everyone that visits pof is looking for some kind of acceptance (love). Whether it's a chat, one-night-stand, or long term relationship, we all need the comfort of knowing we are equal, we have goodness inside us that needs to be validated, we need to be listened to and most importantly, understood.

We persue many of the above, in many different ways. Sometimes we get what we want, sometimes not. Seems like it's the latter, more often than not.

We choose to make things more complicated than they have to be. We have the power to improve ourselves and to empower others. Unfortunately, it's easier to tear others down, than to build ourselves up. Laziness hinders our potential and we are most always tempted to take the easy way out; it's human nature.

Can we all find what we are looking for? I can't guarantee this, although our chances can greatly be increased, if we remember the things that make each of us likeable, loveable and thus complete...honesty, humility and empathy. There are any number of places to meet others. This is just one of them. There are lots of good people here, that just need to be discovered. The challenge is the search and the patience is the thirst, to which there is no quick refreshment.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:33:27 AM
I have learned that every gal I have ever talked to on this site either has kids or lives with their parents (or both).

The ones that don't, have dogs.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:37:14 AM
I've learned why ET needed to phone home.
 ohenryx
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 10:00:34 AM

but I still haven't learned that damned "quote" box thingy,

Very simple. Use the square brackets, immediately to the right of the "P" key on your standard qwerty keyboard (at least on a standard desktop computer -- for anything else, you're on your own).

left square bracket, the word "quote" (no quotation marks), followed by right square bracket. Then the text you're quoting, and then close it the same way but with a forward slash in front of the word "quote". Here I will show you using the open and close parenthesis instead of square brackets.

(quote)
quoted text goes here
(/quote)

And most of the regular posters here find it very helpful to write our posts using a real editor, like WinWord, and then copy and paste it in here.
 anyelina24
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/4/2012 10:05:55 AM
Ive learned im not desperate , lonely , and most importantly NORMAL!!!!
 lacalli
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/4/2012 10:13:16 AM
I've learned that reading the forums while on percocet is much better than reading the forums without percocet.
And that the poor life choices I thought I made, good lord, in comparison to some of the things I read, well, I've led a downright exemplary existence.

And I'm still waiting to hear which wine goes best with an enema? Red or white?
 pipedreams1111
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/4/2012 11:47:20 PM
I've learned that one group of people is more interested in the forums and less interested in dating, another group of people, probably the majority put up what they think is the best profile on an internet sight and never change it. I change mine more often than I change underwear. I never give out too much information because that would be boring and assuming that someone cares.
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/5/2012 8:35:52 AM

I have learned there are alot
of fccked up people in this world
and.......

Im still trying to figure out if I am one
of them.

Curlygrl, I clicked your profile and spit my coffee all over my laptop from laughing so hard! Bravo and thanks for the laughs.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > PoF Forum and dating. What have you learned?