Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 51
is pof only for sexPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Question: How do you know the guys are only looking for sex?

-Do you sex them, and find that you no longer carry the relationship you started with?

-Do they not ever return calls or texts after you sex them, or take you up on any of your hanging out offers?

-Does the fact they want sex from you exclude everything else you do that evening/weekend/or day?

-Do they tell you; I dont want to know you or talk to you, or even date; I just wanna f*ck tonight?

You know; just asking
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 52
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:38:37 PM
so far ive only found that the people on pof want to date for sex. is this the case or is it just me?

I once heard a woman put it like this about pof: That it's basically a site where most people go to play However, Myself and others I've heard of, have found possible true love. You just gotta do some searching.
 4ever4real
Msg: 53
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 2:38:48 AM

-Do you sex them, and find that you no longer carry the relationship you started with?

-Do they not ever return calls or texts after you sex them, or take you up on any of your hanging out offers?

-Does the fact they want sex from you exclude everything else you do that evening/weekend/or day?

-Do they tell you; I dont want to know you or talk to you, or even date; I just wanna f*ck tonight?

You know; just asking

Some of them tell you right online.
Some wait untill you are on the meet and make it obvious.
Some court you untill ya give it up and then yeah they stop talking to ya or call when they want to "hang out".
Some cant even court you; if ya dont give it up by the fifth date they stop calling!
Depending on where you are in life some of the above might be ok...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 54
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 2:55:38 AM
There's sex happening on this site ?

I would suppose that would require something more than UNREAD/DELETE : READ/DELETE.

Unicorns and Magic Rainbows - these I could have faith in - Sex from POF - just another fairytale
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 55
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:27:18 AM

Some court you untill ya give it up and then yeah they stop talking to ya or call when they want to "hang out".
Some cant even court you; if ya dont give it up by the fifth date they stop calling!

Some females do this too, but lets remember guys and girls, anecdotal evidence is not proof that "Most" guys do this or "Most" females do this.

I'd argue guys like you said are the vocal Minority, just like females that do it are the vocal Minority; they're prevalent only because they're vocal and you choose to believe they're prevalent.

I anticipate responses from women saying most men are pigs and responses from men that reinforce their bitter perceptions because both of these types are the vocal minority and love to hear themselves talk.
 smilingrock
Msg: 56
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:37:21 AM
Why would anybody go to a dating site if not for a sexual relationship?
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 57
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:44:52 AM
I thought folks only do that stuff on TV. You mean to tell me there are folks on a dating site that actually want to do that? Wow! Who knew?
 astrosky
Msg: 58
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:06:12 AM

First contact emails that read like this:

id do you right now ;) yes right now :)id do you right now ;) yes right now :)id do you right now ;) yes right now :)

Of course I could have been jumping to conclusions and he really wanted to get to know me first. But I kinda doubt it.

RedElectric
Msg: 59
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:13:27 AM
i believe the majority of the men got the "POF is for sex" memo, and the women did not, and that's why we're all still here. single. getting hit on by pervs.
 ladywyatt
Msg: 60
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:14:04 AM
"Ya know whats funny I found the exact same people that were on this site were on pay sites also. Funny part is they won't cancel their pay sites and hide their POF one when in an exclusive relationship. They leave it up under the guise they already paid for it. Which really means your good enough for right now, but holding out for an upgrade... "

@ Maffers....you are absolutely right !!! Especially about the "good enough for right now, but holding out for an upgrade" part.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 61
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:35:08 AM
Depending on where you are in life some of the above might be ok..

The above stated, is somewhat accurate. However, it's primitive logic to some extent. Where is if you have revealing photo's, and don't put much or any effort into your profile, that some get the impression your on here for a hook up. And from what I understand, a "hook up" is more less just a sex meet.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 62
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:36:47 AM

4ever4real:
Some wait until you are on the meet and make it obvious.
Some court you until ya give it up and then yeah they stop talking to ya or call when they want to "hang out".
Some cant even court you; if ya don't give it up by the fifth date they stop calling!

Well there you go, just by the terms you use to describe sex, we can see your attitude about sex. When you say you have to 'give it up' and then that means they are taking something from you. Sex is about 'sharing' not giving and taking.

You say they court you till you 'give it up'. Well maybe they find what they got wasn't worth the effort they put into it.

If I haven't shared sex with someone by a certain point, we are not in a relationship, I'm in their 'friendzone' and I don't 'date' my friends.
 ohenryx
Msg: 63
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 1:28:19 PM

4ever4real in msg 67:

Wait, wait, let me understand what you’re saying. Men take you out on 5 dates, 5 real, honest to god dates, and you don’t think you are being “courted”?

What does it take for you to call it “courting”?
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 64
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 4:19:36 PM
What does it take for you to call it “courting”?

Bank statements, and daily service offerings, followed immediately by proposal or an invitation to share habitation. (i.e. The man giving away all defences, all of em)

As in, "goto a movie", "grab some dinner out", "go to an event or a walk", "talk about your weeks", "perhaps some intimacy"?

That's bad....how again?

after the first date they walk you to your car and you practically have to pry their hands off of you while they are begging you to go home with them so they can f*ck you.

Ooooo; the groping and begging thing.

Ya; that's not sexy.

Of course I could have been jumping to conclusions and he really wanted to get to know me first. But I kinda doubt it.

Ya; sorta seems that way.Did you ask him how he planned on getting to that point, or geting out of it decently?

Should have, it would have made him work for it. ;)

If I want it that bad; I'm willing to jump through hoops, of fire, and smile and do tricks while I do. And make sure YOU have a great time also. I get doggish, but women do too. SSooo; how to make it mutually enjoyable, and worth it?

:D

The million dollar question hu?

When you say you have to 'give it up'

Yuck.

"have to"? "Give"?

Dont like sex much hu?
 4ever4real
Msg: 65
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:04:00 PM
the guys I`ve met of this site talked about it plenty, but when it came down to it they couldn`t get it up.I gave up after the second one

omg that is worse! you think you found someone you want to give it to and they cant get it up? good god i'd would have to shoot the son of a ****!

Which really means your good enough for right now, but holding out for an upgrade... "

i know thats right!

i believe the majority of the men got the "POF is for sex" memo, and the women did not, and that's why we're all still here. single. getting hit on by pervs.

LOL!
 LovelyBlueMoon
Msg: 66
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:14:34 PM
Friends-with-benefits.... had a few wanting that. Messages that were crude and whatnot. Added the simple line

NO BOOTY CALLS, NO FRIENDS-WITH-BENEFITS. ANY MSGS AS SUCH WILL HAVE THE MEMBER BLOCKED.

It works wonders :D If they msg that way, they are effectively****blocking themselves. Had too many wanting nothing more. I am here for friends - if they want to work towards more, don't be getting in my pants and then running. Get to know me first. Simple
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 67
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:18:59 PM
NO BOOTY CALLS, NO FRIENDS-WITH-BENEFITS. ANY MSGS AS SUCH WILL HAVE THE MEMBER BLOCKED.

Sorry; I be quiet now

LovelyBlueMoon
Msg: 68
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:26:44 PM
c ock* not ****blocking (sheesh harsh)
 amore01
Msg: 69
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:28:58 PM
proof is in the pudding
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 70
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:30:45 PM
and that's why we're all still here. single. getting hit on by pervs.

you're tellin me.....

Infinity_G
Msg: 71
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:12:17 PM
proof is in the pudding

Snookie is on POF? j/k

And turning down the non-pervs .
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 72
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:40:38 PM
Most the real players and serial daters say that those that have that message in their profile are the 'easy' ones. They are already thinking about sex.

adora71
Msg: 73
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:30:48 AM
I have not found POF to be all about sex. It has been over a year since I met anyone on here, because I actually met someone from here that I stayed with for a little while. When I was looking, I talked with about 20 men overall (a few email exchanges, meet and greets, dates) and of those, 17 behaved decently. I just shut down anyone who opened with sex (it didn't happen often because of no pic). I dated a great guy from here for over a year. We did have a lot of sex though, so maybe it is all about sex.

@Maffers--I am sorry that you are feeling so discouraged about dating and relationships. You are one of my favorite posters! I am sure you are going to wind up in a happy relationship one day. Right now, I am joining some outdoor adventure groups with the hopes that it may be easier to meet people in a more natural atmosphere. And even if I don't find any potential partners, I get to do some kayaking and hiking and skiing...
Maybe it could work for you too?
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 74
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:33:26 AM

If you think this place is bad; you should see date.hook.up (all one word. Suck it POF auto-moderation).

Holly cow it is!!

Look OP, let me let you in a a little secret. Most of the men that you meet out in the real world are mostly interested in sex too. Shocking. That is the way it is. Now is POF only for that? Of course not. But yes, there are many, many men here trolling for sex. Women too quiet as they like to keep it.

Now I would say from reading your profile, it is pretty surface type stuff. Just what you like to watch on tv, and what you like to do. Even how you like to wear your hair (and you actually say the words that men find such and such a hair style sexy on you). People here will follow your cues. If you just describe yourself in surface casual ways, those looking for a deeper connection will pass you by and those looking for a more casual relationship will respond to you. Try to go into more about who you are and what you are looking for. Drop the hair style thing and you may find more men that want to get to know you responding. Although, you will ALWAYS get the guys just looking to get laid, but that is life and has been that way long before POF.
 0ldhag
Msg: 75
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:38:22 AM

is pof only for sex

From the amount of times i've gotten sex from POF, don't think so.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex