Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LovelyBlueMoon
Msg: 76
is pof only for sexPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends-with-benefits.... had a few wanting that. Messages that were crude and whatnot. Added the simple line

NO BOOTY CALLS, NO FRIENDS-WITH-BENEFITS. ANY MSGS AS SUCH WILL HAVE THE MEMBER BLOCKED.

It works wonders :D If they msg that way, they are effectively****blocking themselves. Had too many wanting nothing more. I am here for friends - if they want to work towards more, don't be getting in my pants and then running. Get to know me first. Simple
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 77
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:18:59 PM
NO BOOTY CALLS, NO FRIENDS-WITH-BENEFITS. ANY MSGS AS SUCH WILL HAVE THE MEMBER BLOCKED.

Sorry; I be quiet now

LovelyBlueMoon
Msg: 78
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:26:44 PM
c ock* not ****blocking (sheesh harsh)
 amore01
Msg: 79
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:28:58 PM
proof is in the pudding
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 80
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:30:45 PM
and that's why we're all still here. single. getting hit on by pervs.

you're tellin me.....

helpmeahhh
Msg: 81
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:10:51 PM
The girls I met on here were almost all just looking for sex. The funny part is that a few of them complained about how guys on POF just wanted booty etc...
 Infinity_G
Msg: 82
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:12:17 PM
proof is in the pudding

Snookie is on POF? j/k

i believe the majority of the men got the "POF is for sex" memo, and the women did not, and that's why we're all still here. single. getting hit on by pervs.

And turning down the non-pervs .
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 83
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:40:38 PM
Most the real players and serial daters say that those that have that message in their profile are the 'easy' ones. They are already thinking about sex.

adora71
Msg: 84
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:30:48 AM
I have not found POF to be all about sex. It has been over a year since I met anyone on here, because I actually met someone from here that I stayed with for a little while. When I was looking, I talked with about 20 men overall (a few email exchanges, meet and greets, dates) and of those, 17 behaved decently. I just shut down anyone who opened with sex (it didn't happen often because of no pic). I dated a great guy from here for over a year. We did have a lot of sex though, so maybe it is all about sex.

@Maffers--I am sorry that you are feeling so discouraged about dating and relationships. You are one of my favorite posters! I am sure you are going to wind up in a happy relationship one day. Right now, I am joining some outdoor adventure groups with the hopes that it may be easier to meet people in a more natural atmosphere. And even if I don't find any potential partners, I get to do some kayaking and hiking and skiing...
Maybe it could work for you too?
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 85
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:33:26 AM

If you think this place is bad; you should see date.hook.up (all one word. Suck it POF auto-moderation).

Holly cow it is!!

Look OP, let me let you in a a little secret. Most of the men that you meet out in the real world are mostly interested in sex too. Shocking. That is the way it is. Now is POF only for that? Of course not. But yes, there are many, many men here trolling for sex. Women too quiet as they like to keep it.

Now I would say from reading your profile, it is pretty surface type stuff. Just what you like to watch on tv, and what you like to do. Even how you like to wear your hair (and you actually say the words that men find such and such a hair style sexy on you). People here will follow your cues. If you just describe yourself in surface casual ways, those looking for a deeper connection will pass you by and those looking for a more casual relationship will respond to you. Try to go into more about who you are and what you are looking for. Drop the hair style thing and you may find more men that want to get to know you responding. Although, you will ALWAYS get the guys just looking to get laid, but that is life and has been that way long before POF.
 0ldhag
Msg: 86
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:38:22 AM

is pof only for sex

From the amount of times i've gotten sex from POF, don't think so.
 4ever4real
Msg: 87
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 5:23:03 AM
Canam Miles, Ive had so many different profiles; maybe this one is surface, but i was thinking I could get dates by guys with similar interest. I mean you can have good sex with someone, but if you have nothing in common how long will it last? It is important to me that my mate knows I like cutting my hair. Some guys are very vain when it comes to a woman's hair!
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 88
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:24:28 AM

From the amount of times i've gotten sex from POF, don't think so.

Well there's a first time for everything....

For instance I'm nursing a pretty bad hangover after a night of speed dating and drinking.

Apparently 3 minute dates+alcohol can be disorienting as hell.

I'd say POF is no worse or better than real life, try finding a 25 year old female with minimal baggage that wants a relationship that isn't already IN a relationship.

I guess the real question is why I'm 25 and male and don't like FWB, apparently I'm doing it wrong.
 dreamfire
Msg: 89
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:47:49 AM
Try it at 44, foodie, it's 10,000 times worse.......
 0ldhag
Msg: 90
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:00:53 AM
Bethesdafoodie:

apparently I'm doing it wrong

Apparently
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 91
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:00:56 AM

Try it at 44, foodie, it's 10,000 times worse.......

What? I thought when you're 44 getting the 25 year old coeds becomes a lot easier!!

Damn it, there goes my hopes for the future.

dreamfire
Msg: 92
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:09:52 AM
One would think, but my Ferrari is in the shop, I left my p e n i s in my other pants and got a tattoo with the words "EWWWWW.........go away, old man" on my forehead......
 WiseBurro
Msg: 93
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:16:20 AM

yes i am complaining!

Not enough, eh? Me neither.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 94
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:25:19 AM
Personally I think pof makes it easier for men to troll for sex. That's not to say they always get it. But, there are the men that deceive (that's not to say women don't do the same-I just don't look for women so I am speaking from what I know)

Anyhow, I have met all types since being on and off of POF. I think for most men on here, sex is the main goal. Whether they are honest about it, or they tell you what you want to hear to get it. There is probably a select few who is looking to commit beyond the sex but they seem to be like looking for a needle in a haystack in this place.

As much as I hate it, the guys who message you at 1am who want to get sexual with you in the first conversation-you gotta appreciate the honesty at least they aren't taking you out on a date just to get in your pants. And you can close the message, block and delete them.

The original question-is pof ONLY for sex-no it's not but each person uses it for different reasons. After my experience, I don't expect to find anything here...I keep my profile up, just because. I really use this site for the forums
 4ever4real
Msg: 95
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:00:41 AM
I dont think it is just at 1:00 AM! I got a request at 10:00 AM today and yes i just ignored him; at least he was honest. One guy I chatted back and forth with for a few weeks he was really a cool guy and all and if I were into senseless sex I would have been all over it, but I just cant do it! I really think some guys on here are waiting for like the perfect woman! They never want to get off POF cause she could be around the next day, week, or month. It is really sad for them as they will never be happy, or satisfied!
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 96
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:32:26 AM

I really think some guys on here are waiting for like the perfect woman! They never want to get off POF cause she could be around the next day, week, or month. It is really sad for them as they will never be happy, or satisfied!

It's not just men that are waiting for perfection....

Some of the profiles I've seen are just downright surreal when it comes to their expectations.

Hell I've met women off here that have no interest in actually building any kind of relationship, they just want to date around and are only looking out for their best interests...

Not my cup of tea but no need to be sexist and claim that it's only men that are doing this.
 4ever4real
Msg: 97
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:37:20 AM
sorry i wasnt really trying to do that; i am sure you are right! i am not looking for mr perfect, just mr right... with compromise!
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 98
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:42:08 AM

sorry i wasnt really trying to do that; i am sure you are right! i am not looking for mr perfect, just mr right... with compromise!

Well it's good to see that at least you can recognize that it exists on both sides.

Some of the haterade against males is pretty shocking, granted much of it is probably warranted, but I don't go on haterades against females just because of a lot of bad experiences....

It's pretty funny because usually I'm the one that wants to wait for an actual relationship before sex, and then the female disappears and then I start to ponder why I'm not hitting/quitting it before she can quit me.

Kids these days.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 99
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:23:09 PM

Canam Miles, Ive had so many different profiles; maybe this one is surface, but i was thinking I could get dates by guys with similar interest. I mean you can have good sex with someone, but if you have nothing in common how long will it last? It is important to me that my mate knows I like cutting my hair. Some guys are very vain when it comes to a woman's hair!

Well I can not comment on the previous profiles as I have not seen them. This profile however is minimal interests (Frankly the shows that you watch and the beach are not enough interests) and they will know that you have short hair by your pictures. YOu bring up 'sexy' in reference to you so that is how men reading your profile will believe that you define yourself here. In the end, are you looking for a man that is 'vain' about your hair?
 BACKAGAINTOTRYAGAIN
Msg: 100
is pof only for sex
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:49:04 PM
i say most are and i think they should go to another section they have it here on pof they are really hard up and maybe not to smart to figure it out but . fwb comes up alot and that i dont get why are you contacting me when i say im not into that. hard up i guess and they are dishonest people everwhere not only here. go to the sex section if you looking for that and leave people alone who want other things.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex