Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 126
is pof only for sexPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Go to a paid site if you want "Serious".

Seriously, you get what you pay for, going to Mcdonalds and then complaining that the food quality sucks takes some serious derpitude.

Frankly I see just as many women that are players or that have no interest in actually dating as I do men.

Hell, I recently realized that I got played by someone I knew in real life, am "friends" with,AND ran into on here.
 damsel19
Msg: 127
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 1:34:29 PM
Hellooooo this is what dating sites are all about and the type of man it attracts.
It is not just you. The same as in real life after all. Men want sex, women want sex. By the way paid sites are no different and only have a higher expectation and thus more disappointment.
 damsel19
Msg: 128
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 1:38:05 PM
catlady333

You are right of course. Even the most decent seeming man and genuine is gone if no sex by the third date and even sooner. That is why they are on dating sites, trawling the ocean.
 damsel19
Msg: 129
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 1:40:48 PM
bethesdafoodie

I doubt the numbers of women into just playing are the same as men. How would you know anyway? Women who want just casual sex and nothing else, have a problem if they do that all the time but for men it is more natural.
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 130
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 1:49:26 PM

I doubt the numbers of women into just playing are the same as men. How would you know anyway? Women who want just casual sex and nothing else, have a problem if they do that all the time but for men it is more natural.

Got any hard proof to back up that sexism?

Or is this another case where anecdotal evidence is considered facts and that it's OKAY for women to make generalizations about men?

Sigh, we get it, men are pigs, women are angels and any attempt to point out that there are women that only want casual sex(and I've met/dated a LOT of them and never slept with them on the first three dates), is clearly an anomaly.

How would you know anyway?

The same way you "know" thattfor men it is more natural.

Actually no, because I'm not saying sexist statements like women are more natural in the kitchen, because that would get me slammed into the floor so hard by women everywhere and it would be justified on their part.

Sexism on both sides of the fence is ridiculous, saying men only want sex is like saying all women are gold diggers.

If POF is only for sex why are you still here? I've met plenty of women that are gold digging hookers, and I've met some great women that respect themselves AND respect me.

IF POF is really only for sex and "most" guys are just here for sex, why are the women still here? Obviously there's a disconnect with what you gals are Peddling as "facts" and the reality which is that it's a mixed bag.

MyScreennameRox
Msg: 131
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:13:15 PM
Whooooole lotta blanket statements going on.
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 132
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 2:24:49 PM

Whooooole lotta blanket statements going on.

Hope you have a knife, we're going to run out of gun ammo long before ever convincing the women that frequent the threads that "most" men aren't the devil just looking to get laid.

I wish I could take a bullet to put an end to all the misandry going on in this thread...

Why threads like this are allowed to permeate and corrupt the forums I have no idea, I guess it's because technically the OP asked if POF is only for sex and not are men only looking for sex.

You can see 7 pages of slowly twisting the original intent of this thread to say that men are the ones looking for sex, it's pretty bloody obvious.
 adora71
Msg: 133
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 3:58:04 PM

I have not found POF to be all about sex.

I said it before and I'm saying it again. Lots of people are looking for hook-ups, of course, but lots of people are looking for more too. Men and women alike...
 Lovingn2012life
Msg: 134
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 6:07:57 PM
You are so right. Every time I thought the messages where clear and maybe we were on the same page. The fool turns out to ask about sex. I don't if you the experince to meet the married one's yet but their a trip. They put these fake pics and profiles claim to be the right one and how they put on the show. Watch for the one's that start out with "a good guy, don't judge me, or give me chance" run fast.
 fedupwithdating
Msg: 135
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 9:39:27 PM
I personally come here for the laughs
 findurself64
Msg: 136
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/6/2012 11:04:26 PM
IT seems to be that way for me as well so I have found out- really guys (men) at what point do you get past that realize there is more to a relationship???? GGGRRR Totally frustrated!! And that is not sexually either!
 trh1268
Msg: 137
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:35:26 AM
Totally frustrated? Why is it i'm not looking for sex right off the bat and i get rejects?
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 apepps
Msg: 138
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:38:11 PM
Yep! Definitely a place for one night stands, intimate encounters, get to know you sex, etc. ...It doesn't matter if you specifically say YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED ....:( Total Bummer!
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 139
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/7/2012 4:27:19 PM

Yep! Definitely a place for one night stands, intimate encounters, get to know you sex, etc. ...It doesn't matter if you specifically say YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED ....:( Total Bummer!

If that were true then no one would be here looking for anything other than that.

I mean since it's true, are you interested in a one night stand, DTF?

I mean seriously people, if this site was nothing more than hookup central you'd think I'd have better luck!

I'll be here all night, try the veal
 smilingrock
Msg: 140
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 3:09:24 AM
Real men dont need sex just free samples...
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 141
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 7:09:51 AM
Most men probably are hoping POF is primarily for sex and hookups. It's alot cheaper for them than Adult Friend Finder.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 142
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:02:58 AM
"Most men probably are hoping POF is primarily for sex and hookups. It's alot cheaper for them than Adult Friend Finder."

^^^I like this. Why pay when you can find it for fee after all?
 NonamousDog
Msg: 143
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:47:03 PM
I get the impression that those who are NOT on POF 'primarily' for sex are the ones who think that "pof is only for sex".

What do the folks who ARE here 'primarily' for sex think? Is it living up to that reputation?
 missmarie456
Msg: 144
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:11:46 PM
Ya know that saying, "there's plenty of fish in the sea"...People just forget to leave out the last part about there being lots of fish poop too. :(
 That_girl*
Msg: 145
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:12:33 PM

missmarie456
Ya know that saying, "there's plenty of fish in the sea"...People just forget to leave out the last part about there being lots of fish poop too. :(

mmmm hmmm

definalty some s hitty an murky waters..
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 146
is pof only for sex
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:20:06 AM
What I find odd is the fact that people who want to date, or are looking for a serious relationship think that no sex is to be had. What would be the point in dating a woman that I am very attracted to, just to be friends? I have plenty of friends already. A woman who is not into the same things that I am, would not be a good match, and certainly not be someone to marry, that also goes for those who wish to make love early in the relationship and then pull back, because that was their way of hooking you, so now they no longer want to do that. No thanks, you ether want me all the time in that special way, or you don't.
 teena123
Msg: 147
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/16/2015 11:58:05 PM
Hey how are doing?
 td2231
Msg: 148
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 11:43:50 AM
What pisses me off is that you clearly state that people should not contact you for a hook up. Men write on their profiles that they are looking for a relationship, but all they really want is sex? Wtf? If you're not the one, then why have sex,
 spot4username
Msg: 149
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 11:47:44 AM

is pof only for sex

I have around 312 smart ass responses to this. I can't possibly be expected to narrow it down

HalftimeDad
Msg: 150
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 11:54:27 AM
It's also for people who are too old for social media to argue with each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex