Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 151
is pof only for sexPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If a woman is totally paranoid about the possibility of a guy having a sex drive and being on POF at the same time, there's a very simple solution. Get off of POF. It's not that complicated to figure out. Maybe go to a dating site where guys are only interested in getting a woman's perspective on global warming, how to increase the number of beluga whales in the world, trends in the New York stock exchange, but who don't know about the birds and the bees and how babies are made. Or go find a Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 152
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 12:39:33 PM

What pisses me off is that you clearly state that people should not contact you for a hook up. Men write on their profiles that they are looking for a relationship, but all they really want is sex? Wtf? If you're not the one, then why have sex,

Well, IME many of those profiles that say that are being a bit hypocritical. Those same profile types sometimes send provocative messengers as their introduction. Never ceases to amaze me.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 153
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 1:06:55 PM
What pisses me off is that you clearly state that people should not contact you for a hook up.
-------------
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that whether or not many of those women are wanting to hook up depends upon exactly who is asking about the hook up.
 spot4username
Msg: 154
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 1:08:22 PM
So you guys are saying I should not be sending messages that say

hay baybee u wont sum fuk?
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 155
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 1:33:23 PM

: So you guys are saying I should not be sending messages that say

Shit, I just might make this my headline.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 156
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 8/17/2015 1:42:43 PM

So you guys are saying I should not be sending messages that say

Only if the grammar is 100%
 glenn7000
Msg: 157
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 7:00:13 AM
looking for women that want discreet sex over 65
 BretIAm
Msg: 158
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 9:49:17 AM

looking for women that want discreet sex over 65

You're as subtle as a freight train.

Kudos for telling it like it is.
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 9:59:41 AM
It's not just the men. A lot of woman want it too. It's not uncomment for a woman to say she wants a relationship and she just isn't looking for sex then she sends sexy pics in the first day or two of texting.

I went to pick one woman up from her house so we could go out to dinner. She wasn't dressed to go out and was surprised that I wanted to. Handed me a drink when I got inside, we went to her room to watch a movie and with less than 15o words exchanged, we were doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel. Another one, we met for lunch one day. A few days later she come over after work. Gave her some wine, we sat on the couch to watch a movie then her clothes were coming off within 15 minutes. Or how about the woman that paid for dinner (I had steak and lobster) then got hot and heavy in the parking lot of the restaurant? She had dessert while we were out there. There are many more stories... And I didn't initiate anything in these cases. I like to wait longer. I'm looking for a relationship but won't turn down sex with someone I'm attracted to.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 160
POF: between the prostitution and sexual hookups...
Posted: 5/18/2018 10:21:41 AM
I think a large majority that will hide behind the computer do try to use it for sex, between the rampant prostitution, those seeking odd sexual fetishes, etc. There are still a small percentage that are either looking for friendship first, dating and/or a relationship.

On another note, I can't tell you how much it turns me on to get messages from guys stating: "I want you so bad." Nothing makes my carnal passion flow than reading those initial words. 🙄
 reverendswine
Msg: 161
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:22:09 PM

I can't tell you how much it turns me on to get messages from guys stating: "I want you so bad." Nothing makes my carnal passion flow than reading those initial words. 🙄

Well, damn. Would it have the same effect in the form of a forum post?
 spot4username
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:29:54 PM
I heart these thread resurrections.

Look how young our comments look!

reverendswine
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:36:35 PM
I see the ghost of Joey, too. Return to us, adventure man.
 siisaa
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:45:24 PM
It's for whatever you want to use it for, although it is much easier to find sex than a relationship on these sites. Personally, I don't need to go online to find**** If I have an itch that needs to be scratched, I have a male friend I can contact who is already familiar, safe and good in bed. That beats strange****anyday!
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:56:53 PM
siisaa:
If I have an itch that needs to be scratched, I have a male friend I can contact who is already familiar, safe and good in bed. That beats strange****anyday!

Sounds like a husband! hahahaha

;-)
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 166
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 3:38:34 PM
"is pof only for sex"

If only !
 1EndorphinJunkie
Msg: 167
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 6:52:55 PM
Sorry. What's 'fwb' stand for? I get the F part. What's the rest?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 168
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/18/2018 7:22:45 PM

Most likely you got the 'F' part wrong, if you don't know what FWB is.

Friends
With
Benefits

The Accent is on 'Friends'.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 169
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 5:01:09 AM
Glenn with the fake pic is disgusting. Unfortunately, he is a prime example of who is on here.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 170
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 5:59:06 AM

In this case, the "F" stands for fool or foolishness, kind of like the FWB situation in which people place themselves and are left with broken hearts, anger, and a range of STDs, when the fun is all over.
 1EndorphinJunkie
Msg: 171
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 10:36:06 AM
Yeah, well. okay, but what's FWB stand for?
Thea
 ohenryx
Msg: 172
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 10:48:34 AM

siisaa
It's for whatever you want to use it for, although it is much easier to find sex than a relationship on these sites. Personally, I don't need to go online to find**** If I have an itch that needs to be scratched, I have a male friend I can contact who is already familiar, safe and good in bed. That beats strange****anyday!

Now this folks is a very literal description of “friends with benefits”.

I have served in that role a number of times. Usually it gets combined with something else, as the lady doesn’t want to just say, “Come on over and bang me like a screen door in a hurricane!” Usually more like, “I have a computer problem, could you drop by and check it out?” Or like:

Her: Haven’t seen you in forever, we should get together.

Me: Sounds good, let’s do dinner this evening. Where would you like to go?

Her: Oh, I don’t feel like going out. Come on over about 7 and I’ll cook.

ChorusAurora
Sounds like a husband! hahahaha

;-)

Now don’t be kidding us, everyone knows that women don’t actually sleep with their husbands. Else why would the divorce rate be 50%?

Just kidding, just kidding, put down that ax!!
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 173
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 11:50:05 AM

In this case, the "F" stands for fool

There is no fool like an old fool, the younger folks, I say, are smart, they are getting their needs met.

why would the divorce rate be 50%

Just kidding, just kidding, put down that ax!!

No you were not, that is another example of passive aggressive behaviors/statements.

Maybe most women don't divorce their husbands over sex, but rather major character flaws, marginalizing it w/ a passive-aggressive feeble attempt at a joke speaks volumes, IMO.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 174
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 11:58:02 AM
https://goodmenproject.com/divorce/5-reasons-women-are-more-likely-to-ask-for-a-divorce-dg/

5 Reasons Women Are More Likely to Ask for a Divorce Why would a woman want to initiate a divorce? Somewhere between reason three and four, you'll see a trend.

According to every viable source on the planet, women do in fact initiate divorce more than men. For a married couple with children, women initiate divorce two thirds of the time. With or without children, the number still hovers around the 68.9 percent. That was fairly exact, right? Exact and intentional.

Reason 1: Men behaving badly. In the criminal infidelity system, the marriages are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups. The men who commit the crime and the distraught wives who discharge the marriage.

Has anyone else watched ‘Law & Order’ way too many times? Yay, me too. By the way, I love that women are developing a zero tolerance policy to cheating. Interestingly enough, there have been recent studies that suggest men are more tolerant of infidelity than women.

Reason 2: Boredom. Women very often need more than their man can provide, especially when it comes to intellectual and emotional intimacy and a sense of adventure and surprise. There is a line in the film ‘Love Actually’ wherein Emma Thompson’s character says to Alan Rickman’s character, “don’t worry, my expectations are not that high after 13 years of Mr. “oh but you always love scarves.”

What she felt in that moment represents a microcosm of what a lot of women feel when the marriage has moved beyond the honeymoon phase. Eventually, women will tire of prodding their husbands to be more spontaneous and intimate.

Reason 3: (The idea of) someone else. There are countless studies that indicate cheating women are on the rise. Here’s one. It’s interesting. But what I find more interesting is the reason behind the increase. Women cheat when their needs are not being met and there are financial and familial reasons for keeping the marriage intact. Some cheat with the desire to be caught as a means of getting their emotionally absent husbands attention. In addition to this hotbed of information, it is estimated that 30% of wives who have not cheated, have had a strong desire to do so.

Whether a wife had someone else or the strong idea and desire of someone else, divorce will be something that they eventually initiate.

Reason 4: Women want an equal partner. Today, 67% of married women work outside of the home. In 38% of those cases, they out earn their husbands. What’s more, men do 9 hours of housework a week compared to their wives 21 hours. I’m all out of statistics but hopefully I’m painting a picture for you. Women are not cool with having a partner that does not do their fair share. It’s even worse when the disparity is not noticed or appreciated by their partner.

Reason 5: Women expect more from a marriage. This really is the overarching reason. It also happens to be my favorite reason since I strongly believe that we teach people how to treat us. To women of a time long gone, societal expectations were at the heart of marriage and the experience of marriage. Men and women alike played a role that, at the time, seemed appropriate to the social construct. There are plenty of arguments from historians and psychologists that get to whether women were truly happy in those days. I’ll simply note that women did not know what they did not know. Once they began to get out and spread their wings however, watch out world!

Women now expect more out of life and more out of marriage. Less women find it acceptable to be in a loveless, boring, selfish, or abusive marriage. They will try to work things out through dialogue and compromise but once they conclude that things are irreparable, they are a lot more comfortable initiating divorce.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 175
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 1:06:22 PM

Maybe most women don't divorce their husbands over sex, but rather major character flaws,

I wonder why those women don't notice those "major character flaws" BEFORE they get married, and save themselves the grief.

Or do the men just happen to develop all these major character flaws AFTER they get married?

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study about that.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex