Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 172
view profile
History
is pof only for sexPage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

siisaa
It's for whatever you want to use it for, although it is much easier to find sex than a relationship on these sites. Personally, I don't need to go online to find**** If I have an itch that needs to be scratched, I have a male friend I can contact who is already familiar, safe and good in bed. That beats strange****anyday!

Now this folks is a very literal description of “friends with benefits”.

I have served in that role a number of times. Usually it gets combined with something else, as the lady doesn’t want to just say, “Come on over and bang me like a screen door in a hurricane!” Usually more like, “I have a computer problem, could you drop by and check it out?” Or like:

Her: Haven’t seen you in forever, we should get together.

Me: Sounds good, let’s do dinner this evening. Where would you like to go?

Her: Oh, I don’t feel like going out. Come on over about 7 and I’ll cook.

ChorusAurora
Sounds like a husband! hahahaha

;-)

Now don’t be kidding us, everyone knows that women don’t actually sleep with their husbands. Else why would the divorce rate be 50%?

Just kidding, just kidding, put down that ax!!
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 173
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 11:50:05 AM

In this case, the "F" stands for fool

There is no fool like an old fool, the younger folks, I say, are smart, they are getting their needs met.

why would the divorce rate be 50%

No you were not, that is another example of passive aggressive behaviors/statements.

Maybe most women don't divorce their husbands over sex, but rather major character flaws, marginalizing it w/ a passive-aggressive feeble attempt at a joke speaks volumes, IMO.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 174
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 11:58:02 AM
https://goodmenproject.com/divorce/5-reasons-women-are-more-likely-to-ask-for-a-divorce-dg/

5 Reasons Women Are More Likely to Ask for a Divorce Why would a woman want to initiate a divorce? Somewhere between reason three and four, you'll see a trend.

According to every viable source on the planet, women do in fact initiate divorce more than men. For a married couple with children, women initiate divorce two thirds of the time. With or without children, the number still hovers around the 68.9 percent. That was fairly exact, right? Exact and intentional.

Reason 1: Men behaving badly. In the criminal infidelity system, the marriages are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups. The men who commit the crime and the distraught wives who discharge the marriage.

Has anyone else watched ‘Law & Order’ way too many times? Yay, me too. By the way, I love that women are developing a zero tolerance policy to cheating. Interestingly enough, there have been recent studies that suggest men are more tolerant of infidelity than women.

Reason 2: Boredom. Women very often need more than their man can provide, especially when it comes to intellectual and emotional intimacy and a sense of adventure and surprise. There is a line in the film ‘Love Actually’ wherein Emma Thompson’s character says to Alan Rickman’s character, “don’t worry, my expectations are not that high after 13 years of Mr. “oh but you always love scarves.”

What she felt in that moment represents a microcosm of what a lot of women feel when the marriage has moved beyond the honeymoon phase. Eventually, women will tire of prodding their husbands to be more spontaneous and intimate.

Reason 3: (The idea of) someone else. There are countless studies that indicate cheating women are on the rise. Here’s one. It’s interesting. But what I find more interesting is the reason behind the increase. Women cheat when their needs are not being met and there are financial and familial reasons for keeping the marriage intact. Some cheat with the desire to be caught as a means of getting their emotionally absent husbands attention. In addition to this hotbed of information, it is estimated that 30% of wives who have not cheated, have had a strong desire to do so.

Whether a wife had someone else or the strong idea and desire of someone else, divorce will be something that they eventually initiate.

Reason 4: Women want an equal partner. Today, 67% of married women work outside of the home. In 38% of those cases, they out earn their husbands. What’s more, men do 9 hours of housework a week compared to their wives 21 hours. I’m all out of statistics but hopefully I’m painting a picture for you. Women are not cool with having a partner that does not do their fair share. It’s even worse when the disparity is not noticed or appreciated by their partner.

Reason 5: Women expect more from a marriage. This really is the overarching reason. It also happens to be my favorite reason since I strongly believe that we teach people how to treat us. To women of a time long gone, societal expectations were at the heart of marriage and the experience of marriage. Men and women alike played a role that, at the time, seemed appropriate to the social construct. There are plenty of arguments from historians and psychologists that get to whether women were truly happy in those days. I’ll simply note that women did not know what they did not know. Once they began to get out and spread their wings however, watch out world!

Women now expect more out of life and more out of marriage. Less women find it acceptable to be in a loveless, boring, selfish, or abusive marriage. They will try to work things out through dialogue and compromise but once they conclude that things are irreparable, they are a lot more comfortable initiating divorce.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 175
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 1:06:22 PM

Maybe most women don't divorce their husbands over sex, but rather major character flaws,

I wonder why those women don't notice those "major character flaws" BEFORE they get married, and save themselves the grief.

Or do the men just happen to develop all these major character flaws AFTER they get married?

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study about that.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 176
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 1:46:54 PM

I wonder why those women don't notice those "major character flaws" BEFORE they get married, and save themselves the grief.

Or do the men just happen to develop all these major character flaws AFTER they get married?

They make an effort/fool you while dating.

Once they get married they get lazy.

My 1st husband loved fried onions & mushrooms on his steak & then would fart noxiously all night long, my eyes would tear & sting. I'd wake up gasping & run to the spare room & open the window. Imagine having to call an ambulance for severe noxious flatulence inhalation, so bad I all but suffered seizures from it.

I once posted my revenge story.

Lazy, no effort, no more courtship, selfish, etc. Then when the woman turns the table on the man, he suddenly gets all offended.

Plus big babies. Now there are babies/toddlers/children about, & The King doesn't get all the attention, so he throws hissy fits & temper tantrums.

I've heard all of this & plenty more from my divorced female friends.
 iamintodating
Msg: 177
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 7:48:48 PM
Wow this thread is intense
 JGL209
Msg: 178
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/19/2018 8:34:34 PM
It seems that way. All though I did get my last girlfriend off of this site but sex was the glue that kept our relationship together. This might sound corny but I'd like to be in love again.. my last few girlfriends I did care about and enjoyed their company but I didn't love them.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 179
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/20/2018 5:34:16 AM

Yeah, well. okay, but what's FWB stand for?
Thea

Let's try this 1 more time.....
Friends
With
Benefits...
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 180
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/20/2018 5:58:36 AM
^^^
Can you be more specific?

hahahaha

;-)
 Dinno76
Msg: 181
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:25:23 AM
F W B =BOOTYCALLS. Usually the man makes the call.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 182
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:33:38 AM
the cozy hole, the free bed & breakfast, bla bla bla

when I was younger, they called it a one night stand

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 ohenryx
Msg: 183
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/22/2018 4:22:44 PM

ME

BLONDE_ANGEL_1
No you were not, that is another example of passive aggressive behaviors/statements.

Wrong. It was an attempt at humor.

I have stated, many times, right here in these forums, that I was married for 27 years, most of those years were very good years, and I hold no bitterness and no animosity towards my ex. Obviously you cannot say the same, but please do not attribute motives to me that apply only to you.

BLONDE_ANGEL_1
when I was younger, they called it a one night stand

Wrong. Again. Friends with benefits and “one night stands” are far from being the same thing. One night stands are, by definition, once and done. One time only, never to be repeated. FWB is best explained by siisaa in message 190:

siisaa
Personally, I don't need to go online to find**** If I have an itch that needs to be scratched, I have a male friend I can contact who is already familiar, safe and good in bed. That beats strange****anyday!

Dinno76
F W B =BOOTYCALLS. Usually the man makes the call.

In my experience, no. If the man makes the call, then the woman tends to feel used and resentful. But if SHE makes the call, then everything is okay, no worries.

siisaa
Msg: 184
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:49:45 PM

In my experience, no. If the man makes the call, then the woman tends to feel used and resentful. But if SHE makes the call, then everything is okay, no worries.

Exactly. Dinno is bitter and resentful towards women and he is a proponent of MGTOW. Thus, a lot of his input on man/woman relationships I take with a HUGE grain of salt.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 185
is pof only for sex
Posted: 5/22/2018 7:06:05 PM
do not even try to flip the script on me bec. I called you out on your passive aggressive comment(s)

Wrong. It was an attempt at humor.

BS

I have stated, many times, right here in these forums, that I was married for 27 years, most of those years were very good years, and I hold no bitterness and no animosity towards my ex. Obviously you cannot say the same, but please do not attribute motives to me that apply only to you.

Maybe I am more honest than most :0P

PPL get divorced for a reason...
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 186
view profile
History
is pof only for sex
Posted: 11/28/2018 3:21:13 AM
Wouldn't say that but it's exactly what I'm looking for...a FWB....with friends being the first part....the rest falls into place...and in saying that most claim they aren't but they also have been on here for the longest....go figure!...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is pof only for sex