Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoneMustang78
Msg: 25
view profile
History
How many of you have gone on successful first dates from people met on pof?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Been there done that! I've switched it up many times and even made my profile as sarcastic as I could put it and the funny thing is I actually got a few responses on that to change it up, then when I do I get nothing! even with the photos. The military look is me, why fool somebody on what I'm not. Plus I don't have very many photos of myself wearing anything nice except from my 2nd wedding and engagement pictures which are a few years old! do you think putting those photos up help in anyway? I don't think so! But you know what I will try it and see what responses I do get. It took everything in my ex to get me to do those photos because i hate having my picture taken. As to sending women messages, Yes I have. Do I get any responses back, sometimes but thats where it all ends! I use to teach how to use firearms! These days I just check everybody's crap to make sure the pumps are flowing right. Its a good idea that I don't list what my job is due to the nature of it!
 RafaNotRalph
Msg: 26
How many of you have gone on successful first dates from people met on pof?
Posted: 4/1/2012 9:14:42 PM
I've gone on 3 dates with women I've met on this site. I still keep in touch with 2 of them, they are really cool but we're not quite a match. As far as the other girl, well... I thought the date went great but she kinda dissapeared. Oh well, that's life right?
 Roujin
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:42:00 PM
Zero. Not for lack of trying either, even the ones I have managed to get into conversations with for a bit seem to suddenly get very quite when I ask them out. I have a few conversations still going on this site, but for the most part it seems like it just doesn't work.
 Roujin
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 6:11:38 PM
Like I said, I get 2-4 into a conversation, I ask em out and BAM...
Never hear from them again. Oh well, just have to keep getting back on the horse I guess.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 10:27:39 PM

I just got back from one...well success is relative, but I enjoyed myself and thankfully, so did she lol.

Very cool :)
 richardcard82
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/6/2012 7:24:28 PM
I too have not had one single date on this site, I have taken advise from members and made some changes to my profile and removed some pics that i guess werent to flattering of me from what i was told. But then again this a free dating site im sure most just join for the fun and the curiosity.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:19:45 PM
I don't know how many dates I have had over the years.... lost count.... but I have had 2 long term relationships with men from here.... one lasted over 2 years and one was over a year.... the site can work when you want it to... and you actually put yourself out there to meet people... I have gone out with men from here that I generally would have said weren't my type... but in an effort to just date and see... I went... and one ended up staying around for over a year.... I think it is hard to tell online what offline will be like... some times you just have to take a chance... and see what happens... at least a meet for coffee.. I think people base too much on a profile and don't realize not everyone has the ability to advertise themselves....
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/26/2012 11:44:59 AM
Be careful. I had what I thought was a successful date (it was just supposed to be lunch, but it lasted 8 hours). I had two more dates soon thereafter, and another one after a while. The next thing I know, I'm being extorted.

A successful first date does not mean a viable relationship will follow.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >