Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wtf???? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 76
wtf????Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Taken him to Bass Pro

I love that place !

It's an indoor adventure.

OyVay...
Msg: 77
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:38:05 PM
"Always assume off the bat that the will pay."

Yes YES!!! A good hint for this, is to check his azz, to see if ATM is stamped on it!

"If he says something to lead you to believe that he expects you to go dutch- don't go on a date with him"

By all means, because he is abiding the rules of 2012, and well could be the man you seek, best let money get in the way! It's better to date men who always pays, and then tries to get a BJ after the meal, consider it dessert!

"or give him a hint/opportunity to redeem his chances with you"

Yes, possibly a charge by the hour option. Maybe a credit check to be sure he will take you to the best places. Don't forget to ask him how much he has in his wallet, you may want more than one lobster!

"Always be prepared with a 20 in your wallet"

But be sure to take it out and check it every 5 years, the moths may have eaten by then!

Gotta luv the tudes, keep smilin guys, it doesn't get better than this.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 78
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:42:49 PM

"I understand. That sucks. Well, when you are able to date, you know how to reach me."

Yes. At the Home for Overprivileged Women.

SylvanSwan
Msg: 79
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:47:58 PM
There is no place to have a drink/coffee in my local Wallmart - the only place to sit would be the furniture or shoe department (not the places I'd do a meet n' greet in either). Otherwise I may consider it.

Cheap people shop at walmart.

If I can purchase good quality items NOT made in China that I use on a constant basis to practice my hobby, then I'm a happy camper!! Just one teeny tube of professional quality watercolor paint can cost up to $12 and one good sable or goat hair brush can set you back $30 bucks!! A good paper - let say 12 sheets of 140lb cold press - is about $14 bucks on sale. So it just makes sense to head to my Wallmart to buy Daler-Rowney (TM) from England to get good quality for a good price. Their student quality paints are very similar to the professional at a fraction of the price (I'm impressed), and their brushes and acid free 90lb paper is not bad either....(just to let those other artists know).....

AND because I live in constant darkness between November and March, I tend to burn alot of candles during that time (saves on electricity too). It is really hard to find candles NOT made in China that are of good quality and that don't cost a fortune. MainStays (TM) made in the USA are sold at my Wallmart, come in a plethora of scents and I think they are a good candle....

So if I shop at Wallmart because they have a sale on something I need (I won't get into my preferred laundry soap or toilet paper) and if by doing so makes me cheap, then so be it. Why would I go buy the same thing somewhere else and pay more?
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:14:41 PM

astefko:
Always assume off the bat that the man will pay. (Always be prepared with a 20 in your wallet no matter what anyway.) If he off the bat says something to lead you to believe that he expects you to go dutch - don't go on a date with him.

Always assume off the bat if the man pays for coffee or drinks, the woman is obligated to give the guy a BJ. Always assume off the bat if the man pays for a meal, the woman is obligated to sleep with the man and have wild passionate sex all night. After all, it is 2012.
 gingerchick30
Msg: 81
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 8:38:07 PM
OP, I think it WAS rude of him to suggest Walmart. I'd have written him off immediately after saying that. EVEN if I could afford a swanky 200 dollar meal, I would feel uncomfortable going to a place like that on a first date/meet.

To me, the best thing to do is plan something like conversation at a coffee shop so that not much money is spent, and if you aren't really feeling any connection, you can cut the meet short after 15 minutes and not feel obligated to stay because you just shelled out 200 bucks for a dinner.
 Goldentyga117
Msg: 82
wtf????
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:19:40 PM
I think it's funny that so many women on here boast that they're so adventurous and fun yet they can never offer up any good ideas for a first date besides coffee....Such fail...

Anyway. On topic

OP I read all of your responses. It's clear that you were interested until you found out that he wasn't going to pay for you and then you just made up some excuse to get all offended about and ditched him. I don't believe for one single second that you suggested other things. MAYBE you suggested one...maybe even two...but i doubt it was any more than that. The nail in the coffin is that you brought up your financial situation...no one cares or wants to know that especially right off the bat i think it makes you seem very sketchy to bring it up.

"assume the guy will pay and if he doesn't or wants you to go dutch don't date him" ? really ? i don't remember the screen name of this poster it was astefenkos or something..all i know is she needs to have a hot cup of STFU

Why should the guy be EXPECTED to pay for anything ? if i ever go on a date with someone i make SURE that we either do something free or something that we both go dutch on. I'm not spending a single dime on someone when i don't know if i'll ever end up seeing them again. Just because you have a vagina doesn't mean you're entitled to anything. Get over yourselves. If you have a problem paying for a guy then why should a guy not have a problem paying for a girl ?
 Padawan61
Msg: 83
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 3:48:28 AM
Instead he suggested we walk around Walmart since I couldn't afford to do anything nice!!!

I was willing to do something cheap but Walmart for a first date?

Well ... Walmart is considered cheap and some even have a resident MacPuke restaurant. So what was the problem again??
 Goldentyga117
Msg: 84
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:21:43 AM
The problem is that he wouldn't pay for her and she was too lame to come up with anything interesting.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 85
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:39:22 AM
Was it a SUPER Walmart? 'Cause I think everyone knows, they are pretty nice.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 86
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:35:44 AM
Based on this thread, some women have shown their true colors. Run men/women, run!
 Unaccounted_For
Msg: 87
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:01:49 AM
Hence, being single keeps money in my pocket, whereas I go on a date, I end up flat-broke, and with blue balls. I'm better off just paying a hooker. Cut out all that wooing nonsense. :D
 lacalli
Msg: 88
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:12:22 AM
Well ... Walmart is considered cheap and some even have a resident MacPuke restaurant. So what was the problem again??

Yeah, they have MacDonald's there. I had lunch at MacDonald's yesterday. A really fresh crunchy side salad with fat free vinegarette dressing, a grilled chipotle wrap and a small berry smoothie. It was very good and low fat which I often can't find in more expensive places. I heart MacDonald's as well as Walmart.
 cooldog65
Msg: 89
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 7:58:22 AM
@lacalli: Walmart by me has Subway in it. Footlong turkey, bacon, and avocado on flatbread my favorite. Mmmmm...
 WiseBurro
Msg: 90
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:04:14 AM

A first date at Walmart-no. What would we do, sit in the electronics aisle and watch Finding Nemo on the 17 big screens?(That movie always seems to be on over there.)

A firstmeet-sure.
"hi."
"hi."
"Um...are you from POF or the Walmart greeter?"
"It's me-SuperStud694U."
"You're shorter, older, and less blurry than your pic."
"You're fatter than your pic."
"I have to go buy cat food and diapers. Did you bring your wallet?"
"Yes, but I'd rather buy you a bra and some CoverGirl."

Beautiful. Made my morning.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 91
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:17:43 AM
I am NOT going to read all six pages of stuff that's already on this weird post, so if I'm repeating, just ignore me.

First off, this was officially a "date?" Really? Though as an idea for a date, it would never cross my mind to suggest Walmart; as a thing to do to have an opportunity to spend time walking and talking, a window shopping trip of some sort would. I wonder of the real reason this was so offensive to the OP, was the particular venue he suggested, and that had he suggested they go window shopping to a more upscale store, she would have found it fun or even romantic.

Basically, I think that she was offended that he made the classic male mistake of actually listening to her when she went into her details about being less than well endowed financially, and he then stupidly chose a venue that he thought best fit her circumstances. What an idiot. I am also an idiot about women, but at least I'm old enough that I wouldn't make that error. Besides, shopping at Walmart (which I do fairly regularly, since I am relatively poor, and because I like to spend the least amount of money on getting the right thing I need), is more of a chore, than an adventure.

I did long ago, go grocery shopping with a woman I had just met, as a minor part of a dating day. That was very nice. We didn't end up together for lots of unrelated reasons, but the shopping part wasn't one of them.

Frankly, I feel for the guy in this, all in all. perhaps he was even calling her bluff about the whole money thing, finding out of she were taking his (only vaguely described claim that he was financially comfortable) money talk, to be an invitation to sponge off of him or not. It would be interesting to get his side of this. It's quite possible that he might say "She went on and on about being broke, and when I mentioned I wasn't at all, she perked right up. So I figured, lets go to Walmart, an if she really IS okay about mismatched incomes, and she really ISN'T a gold-digger, then we'll have at least a decent walk through. But if she IS all about getting me to spend big bucks on her, she'll drop me like a smelly stone, and dash for cover."

Could be he was the clever one after all.
 mainelyhere
Msg: 92
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:39:03 AM
Hey Igor, sort of like when a person says "oh im not hungry" when offered dessert but secretly wishes they had insisted?
 astrosky
Msg: 93
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:26:02 AM

Seriously if anyone is genuinely interested in another person where you go matters not.

Does too. I'm not at my best when surrounded by crowds, screaming kids, loud overhead pages, etc. I wouldn't suggest a flea market for the same reasons, although I would suggest a quiet walking trail. Its too bad that one of the posters finds coffee dates "boring" but for a first time meet, I find them ideal because I can just focus on the other person and what they have to say. I respect the occasion enough not to make you compete with my shopping list.

Those of you claiming "anywhere is good" haven't thought this through. Here's a few cheap first meets I could suggest that would make most people go no thanks!

Wanna go down to the landfill and shoot rats? It helps me relax. I'll bring some vicks to ward off the smell.

Wanna help me babysit my sister's umpteen kids? A couple of them have the flu, so bring clothing that's washable.

My rental house had a small fire. Wanna come help me wash walls and move charred debris? I assume you're not allergic to smoke fumes.

Wanna keep me company while I stand in line for a book signing? I'll probably be there all afternoon. We can be on our feet for hours and hours and hours while the line inches forward, and if the conversation lags we can always listen in on cellphone conversations. And you can hold my place in line while I go pee.

A skunk died under my shed. Wanna come help me drag it out from under there and throw it on the burn pile? I've been procrastinating so its probably half decomposed and tough to move...but this is a great opportunity for you to wow me with your problem solving skills.

Now then, I'm sure a couple people will swear they wouldn't have a problem with ANY of these scenarios if they had sincere interest in a person. But its a first meet - you don't know how sincere your interest is yet. I vote for keeping it simple and as cheap as possible. And pleasant, which is subjective.
 twotru
Msg: 94
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:57:38 AM
Ahahahaha!!!!!!!! True dat, Astro LOL!!!

Definitely people have shown their true colors. Women so crazily angry or bitter they nitpick apart and condemn the OP or call her "welfare single mom with minimum wage factory jobs". The guy who would rather pay hookers than worry about not getting laid if he buys someone a Slurpee, wonder what he would expect for a large pizza and caesar salad, sheeesh!
 lacalli
Msg: 95
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:03:21 AM
Subway is the best. I wish they had it inside Walmart here, they do in NY.
 mainelyhere
Msg: 96
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:15:09 AM
i think its a ridiculous argument to compare walmart to shooting rats in an alley. but hey im logical, so ignore me.
 twotru
Msg: 97
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:33:54 AM
In Yelm, WA you can shoot rats in the alley behind Walmart.

You have made your point Mainely that you prefer cheap dates who will do anything anywhere for free and must have absolutely no expectations of you being the sort of man to have any sort of stable financial goals or career. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for :)
 mainelyhere
Msg: 98
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:39:17 AM
Lol! If there is one thing i miss about my ex its the snide passive aggressive side of mouth insults, thank you for that taste of the past.

I can see that conclusions are not your strong point, so let me give you a summary of the issue here-

OP ****ed that she had no money but then got insulted when the guy suggested walmart.
MY stance on it is while i personally would not suggest walmart (merely because i dislike the atmosphere and people there) for two white trash people it should be fine.

It is not the same as shooting rats in an alley. It is not the same as smelling skunky sheets.

As for insulting me, why? Are you angry that I don;t think men should be the ones to shell out loads of money merely because this porky princess is broke?

Let's be honest here your post is nothing but an insult with no actual point. You sound like a keeper
 Padawan61
Msg: 99
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:57:23 AM
The guy who would rather pay hookers than worry about not getting laid if he buys someone a Slurpee, wonder what he would expect for a large pizza and caesar salad, sheeesh!

Depending on the pizza toppings involved, he'd probably expect her to swallow before getting laid ... and I'm not talking about the food either. Pizza is serious stuff for some people and they have plenty of expectations following such a splurge of coinage.
 twotru
Msg: 100
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/25/2012 11:02:21 AM
I stated my opinion drawn from reading your posts here very clearly and directly, most definitely not passive aggressive. Keep your mental and emotional projections to yourself, I don't dig that sort of crap. As far as men shelling out loads of money, well, my personal budget and financial state does not consider a dinner or lunch to be "shelling out loads of money". Considering your very first post here showed a sensitivity to men who don't make very much money, then lunch or dinner may just be a financial burden. Really it boils down to personal preference as to who you may or may not date. Or, just because you have decided that the OP is a white trash free loader looking for a free meal does not mean you are correct. It merely means you have a very biased opinion. She may very well be a gal disappointed and hurt by a guy (who quite honestly sounds a lot like you in my opinion LOL!!) who was rude and insulting in a condescending way.

Your inability to respond without name calling and derogatory phrases (porky princess and white trash) is what allowed me to draw my earlier and correct conclusion that you are not someone I would ever want to be around.

I couldn't ever manage to be angry over a forum post *shrug* However, I am totally capable of laughing at a guy who can not seem to capitalize the first letter of sentences suddenly becoming somewhat grammatically correct in a high school manner and jumping on his "logimical" soapbox and trying to imply that anyone who disagrees with his over emotional whiny posts is just so in the wrong LOL!! <---that was an insult :)

Oh eleventy!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wtf???? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]