Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wtf???? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SC67
Msg: 162
wtf????Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
But WHY would he pick WalMart? The local mall (if there is one) would be a much better place, although not ideal. ehhh...if nothing else the screaming kids & flourescent lighting would be enough to turn me off. Why is it ok to make their first meet a place that people try to get in & get out as quickly as possible? He might as well have asked her to go with him to the DMV. They have funny people there you could gawk at & offend with remarks that you think they can't hear. Otherwise...if you wanna eat at Subway or McDonald's just eat there & then go for a walk somewhere that isn't swarming with people trying to run errands while you're trying to score a date.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 163
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:35:00 PM
I'm with SC67

There are lots of free / cheap date things that he could have suggested that would have been considerably more romantic than Wal-mart. I would have been offended and I suspect that his "suggestion" was a thinly veiled insult about her lack of disposable income. Just because she doesn't have very much money doesn't mean she deserves to be treated like that. She DOES work; she just doesn't earn much.
 Fleuron
Msg: 164
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:36:56 PM

"oh, I get huge paychecks!!" "Maybe we should just go to Walmart and walk around since you're expecting me to pay for everything!"

Cool! I’d take him down the “as seen on TV” aisle and let him buy me one of those awesome new Schtickys.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 165
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:44:07 PM
Based on this thread I think I should start asking more women to meet at Wal Mart. That will weed out the traditionalists.
 SC67
Msg: 166
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:52:02 PM

Based on this thread I think I should start asking more women to meet at Wal Mart.

Excellent idea! Please let us know how that works for you.

That will weed out the traditionalists.

Yes, we traditional women are a huge PITA.

Side note...I can't even convince my daughter run to Wal Mart for butter so I can bake her some cookies. (see what I mean...cookies...really? traditional women totally suck dude) Why the F would anyone want to have a date (or meet) somewhere that most people avoid?
 OCRebellion
Msg: 167
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:58:19 PM
Actually Drestin there was no concern on my part. It was a far different "tone" and intent in what I said. Perhaps you should get a broom and a pointy hat to go with that sparkling (cough) demeanor of yours.

You have made a lot of statements in regards to what the OP was after. Are you privy to some other thread that others of us are not, because I don't see where she said the things that you are saying. Further, you say you are not basing your posts on her financial means, yet you attack or make them the point of your posts. Hmmmm....
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 168
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:32:27 PM

somewhere that most people avoid?

If "most people" avoid Walmart, then why:

Is the large parking lot almost always full of cars?
Was Sam Walton one of the richest men in America when he died?
Are several of his heirs in the list of the top 10 richest people in America?

SC67
Msg: 169
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:41:03 PM
If "most people" avoid Walmart, then why:

Is the large parking lot almost always full of cars?
Was Sam Walton one of the richest men in America when he died?
Are several of his heirs in the list of the top 10 richest people in America?

As it was stated earlier in the thread, Wal Mart often puts local small business out of business. In lots of areas they have become the only game in town for many items. You can't deny their prices in the Super Wal Mart are lower than traditional grocery stores. (example: PictSweet single serving vegetables are at least $.50 cheaper per box at Wal Mart than my local grocery store & the laundry detergent I prefer was $3 less at Wal Mart than at the local grocer. Their ability to purchase in bulk makes it very difficult to compete.)

That illustrates my point that "most people" are NOT avoiding Walmart, or they wouldn't be putting other businesses out. The Walmarts would fail.

Just because people in some areas have no other choice but to shop at Wal Mart does not mean that people actually enjoy it & don't avoid going there. I have often spent a little more to go to a less crowded store. It's a necessary evil at times...not a date destination.

Seriously...when was the last time you heard anyone over the age of 10 get excited about a trip to Wal Mart? Even the 10 & under crowd would be more excited for the park than the Wal Mart. Nice for saving money & 1-stop shopping, but not great for a date.

Guys...I challenge you to schedule your next few meets at your local Wal Mart. I took the "going dutch" challenge. You might learn something unexpected. Let us know how it goes.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 170
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:46:59 PM

ok guys i dont know what walmart is im in a different country ,

It's basically a one stop shopping superstore, with something for just about everyone.

to me there should be restaurants, movie , bars etc nearby , coffe shop
sometimes i believe people miss an opportunity to know someone , im a bit crazy sometimes , but if theres nothing of the above i let you win

I have 2 of them within a 10 minute drive in opposite directions of me.
One of them IS part of a larger center with movie theaters, restaurants (both fast food and diner type), coffeehouses and a Barnes and Noble.
The other one has a McDonalds inside and a Starbucks and a Subway next door.

destave
Msg: 171
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:48:37 PM
Op here. I didn't think this post would go on as long as it did. Im surprised.

Let me clear up some things. Many of you have put words in my mouth saying I wanted a free meal ticket. Never in any of my posts did I say anything about going out to eat. Also someone said I was on welfare well I never said that either. In fact I've never been on welfare in my life and im currently making a comfortable middle class salary but even when I wasn't I still have never received welfare. Several of you said I was low class. What makes me low class? Because I used to make less money then you im low class? Even more shocking you were able to figure that out from a few posts?

You say I didn't give this Guy a chance and I made a judgment about him before we even met but did you not make judgments about me?

Its no wonder you people are single. And to those of you who didn't decide to bash me then just disregard this message. It doesn't apply to you

Oh and before you start accusing me of being stupid because im lacking some punctuation im typing this from my phone and that's my excuse.

Ok let the slugfest continue
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 172
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:52:22 PM

As it was stated earlier in the thread, Wal Mart often puts local small business out of business.

I understand that.
That illustrates my point that "most people" are NOT avoiding Walmart, or they wouldn't be putting other businesses out. The Walmarts would fail.

OCRebellion
Msg: 173
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:53:55 PM
OP...you go girl! Sounds like you had a setback, but are on a better path now. Do you, do the right thing and good things will come back to you. And forgive certain members for having to build their own relevance and self-esteem by bashing you.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 174
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:56:06 PM
OP: Try not to take what people say on here personally.

Someone, such as you, posts something thus giving us all something to argue with each other about.

Many people have their own agendas that they will twist your situation to support. Others don't bother reading the whole thread and miss valuable information. Others just disagree with your position and as the forum posters represent a relatively representative slice of North America / UK, this is to be expected. You can't please everyone. This form of communication also leaves considerable room for interpretation.

The final result is threads like this one.
 destave
Msg: 175
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:00:56 PM
Thank you Ontario and OCR
 OyVay...
Msg: 176
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:32:59 PM
Hmmm..I agree with you Ontario, that was a good post.

Onto the OP:

"its no wonder you people are single."

Who's judging now?

"And to those of you who didn't decide to bash me"

Well now, I may have questioned what happened, why you did what you did, however I did stick to the context, never added a thing, my point was and is women will not date a man if he does not pay for the date.

I never mentioned welfare, a meal, except to say you expected him to spend his money.

"You say I didn't give this Guy a chance and I made a judgement about him before we even met but did you not make judgements"

To me, opinions maybe, judgements maybe some did, though I must ask, what has one to do with the other? You DID not give this guy a chance, you DID make a judgement about him. You then posted this thread about the experience, seeking vaildation of your actions. That some of us chose to see your actions in a different light than you would like, is part and parcel of what the forums are.

You had a choice, you could have met him in walmart and said lets go somewhere else. You could have postponed meeting him until you were in a position to do so. You didn't! You did what you did, you decided to blow off the date, only you know why. We can only make opinions based on what you said in the OP.

You shouldn't conflict the date, or offer to have one, with the opinions of those who's council you sought in posting the story.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 177
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:45:11 PM
Oh Drestin...don't feel special, because you are not. Further, since my friends possess class, quality and other positive attributes, you will never rise far enough to be in a position to be one of mine. You have a good day too...hon.
 destave
Msg: 178
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:48:57 PM
OyVay

"Who's judging now?"

I am. Ive been judged by ALMOST everyone on here so now its my turn to judge the judgers. What goes around comes around.

"We can only make opinions based on what you said in the OP."

When did I say I was on welfare, looking for a meal, or low class? Please show me. Oh wait you cant cuz I never said that.

"you expected him to spend his money."

Again twisting my words. I never said I EXPECTED anything.

If you cant make a statement without putting words in my mouth or twisting things I've said then maybe you shouldn't be a part of the converstation.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 179
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:09:17 PM

What would you ladies have done?
I would have ignored him and moved on like you did. I would also make sure next time to suggest an inexpensive place to go without declaring so much about my financial situation. But most importantly, I would make sure never ever ever ever to rely on a guy to pay my bill. I’m not saying you are, it’s just what I would do.
So you were smart all along about making sure not to go to a fancy place that you can’t afford. Just have a plan and make a suggestion next time.
 OyVay...
Msg: 180
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:41:33 PM
You can try and accuse me of anything, but please show me where I said something about welfare? low class?

"Again twisting my words"

Ahh true, sorry I should have phrased it differently. "you hoped he would.." still that phrase you used in the OP, has limited meaning. It means you hoped he would...spend money on coffee, tea, food, a movie whatever was in your mind that you were "hoping" for.

"then maybe you shouldn't be a part of the converstation"

Well you see, that's one of the rubs on here. It's an open forum, where anyone can post their thoughts and opinions.

Now here is something else to chew on, the written word, can be interpreted to different meanings, because it relies on ones POV when reading. Now I can think "maybe you shouldn't be part of " to mean your being dismissive, or snarky, or it could be inoccuous.

I'll take it as inoccuous, though many of your early secondary posts seemed to have an edge on them. "Oh wait you cant " again can be taken in different ways, it could be defensive, it could be childish, or just the way you express yourself.

Think about it.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 181
view profile
History
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:44:01 PM
I personally can't understand the objections against Wally world that some women in this very thread are levying. You are against Wally world because it puts other mom and pop shops out of business, or uses merchandise that exploits labor in a far away land? What makes going to Starbucks or Red Lobster morally and ethically justified then?

If you are against what Walmart stands for than you should be consistent and object to going to Red Lobster or Starbucks as well. No Dunkin' Donuts either, or Carrabas, etc.

Most Super Walmarts I have been to have a Subway or McDonalds, along with H&R block, hair salon, Optometry center, etc. What does that mean? It means super Walmarts are lot like a mall in layout that offers variety and different services all in one location. Most women wouldn't object to meeting at a mall, so what is different compared to meeting at super Walmart? Why the double standard?
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 182
wtf????
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:47:02 PM

I think suggesting a walk around walmart as a first date, is bizarre..

If you walked around Walmart with someone like Robin Williams or Carrot Top, it probably would be "bizarre", and a whole lot of fun, too.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wtf???? [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]