Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jazzfan3000
Msg: 62
Am I a prudePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
LMAO! Yes tell us all about your bust size and if you like to sleep in the nude.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 63
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:54:53 PM
To suggest the guy be excused for "just playing his sex card" is ludicrous. As "adults" we should show respect to others. Coming on like that to someone you don't even know is disrespectful to put it mildly. I wonder how what the perv would think if someone was talking like that to his mother, sister or daughter?

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Be thankful that he showed his true colors so early as not to waste any of your time.

NEXT!
 What_He_Said
Msg: 64
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:23:02 PM
As I understand it a guy who is 50 yet on his profile stated he was 48 was on the phone with you. Later that same night after you went to bed (10:45 is generally considered past appropriate time to phone socially, esp if work day) and one of the questions he asked if you sleep naked.

am I too prudish and making a mountain out of a mole hill

Uummm. No, you aren't being a prude. It was just so creepy that you thought you might have missed something but didn't know what that something was. Well, you didn't miss anything. He was an idiot and simply being a moron about it. It's safe to say that you have a good idea about what you should do about it.

Hope things improve in the future.
 That_girl*
Msg: 65
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:59:59 PM
Jazzfan3000
I dont think so lady. Im starting to think these free forum are loaded with perverts. Its seem like the majority of these men dont know how to hold a conversation without trying to make it sexual. Its annoying that they would even think that you want ot have that type of discussion with a perfect stranger.

sigh of relife another guy who's starting to see what most of us ladies have been complaining about for awhile..naw some dont know how to make it to a decent conversation upfront with out showing sex this an sex that in your face..atleast make it past hi how are you before you shoot urself in the foot..an some wonder why they cant get a lady or even laid..conversation counts along with looks personality an chemistry
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 66
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:00:37 PM
Its amazing the assumptions some women jump to so quickly.....how from this thread can you think he's partnered....lolol.

Check this out for some guys this dating thing is just a matter of numbers.....this guy may in fact only be seeking sex, many are, and believe it or not even a bad line works with some women. Men only do what works for them, it just didnt work on you....move on.

Then again he have been planning a lingerie purchase and needed your bra size and whether or not to buy long and flowing or just the teddy.....lololol....okay Im kidding about the purchase part
 J_bird61
Msg: 67
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:43:46 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww, yuckie, creepy dude.

Least you aren't a yuckie creepy chick.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 68
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:53:51 PM
I get what you're saying CBM, but I don't agree with it.

Your argument would be like:

A man is sitting on a bench at the beach. 1,000 women walk by and he asks each one of them, Hi there, do you want to F***

He get's slapped 999 times for being rude and disrespectul, but one just happens to say yes. Who knows why, maybe just to get even with her husband for cheating on him.

Are you saying the 999 women should have just overlooked the behavior of the man? The 999 women were wrong to say something.

Either way. The man is still ignorant however you choose to look at it. You're not going to have much success with that kind of attitude.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 3:24:20 AM
No you're not a prude OP. Everybody has different sexual boundaries. His opening question about your state of undress was to engage in telecommunication intercourse (phone sex).

cooldog65
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 3:57:20 AM
" Had female friends Txt me stuff like ''Im Naked snuggled up in bed'' Randomly and im like wtf.

Or had female friends give me a lapdance randomly."

And your complaint is?
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 71
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 4:14:23 AM
Yes, you are a bit prudish. That established, what's wrong it? Own it. Be it.

I think that the motivation behind your question is self doubt. Also you believe prudishness is a bad thing. It isn't. It is just another elective characteristic that you share with many others. Much like being a dog owner or coin collector. Being mildly prudish is not the blot on your soul that others would have you believe.

All that need be said about the phone dude is that you didn't like a few of his questions. If it gives you pause then take that pause and rid yourself of him. If not then coast through and see what happens. In either case, there is no reason to try to either justify or distance yourself from your visceral reactions.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 73
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 9:07:02 AM
you'll really never know till you bang his brains out...lol...
 That_girl*
Msg: 75
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:21:41 AM
i dont know about yal but if a guys CONVERSATION an LOOKS turn me OFF an he has the personality of a house fly i dont give a dam how big he claims his d ick is or how well his bedroom skills are.an yes braggers are usually the worst. i dont want it or him an trust me it's not my loss as so many like to say when you arent banging down thier door to sleep with them..i feel like im saving my self from a regret..
 SC67
Msg: 76
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:57:18 PM

Just because a guy is interested in sleeping with you doesnt mean he isnt interested in a relationship also.

I have been dating for a long time now & experience (my totally unscientific research tool) tells me the guys who start talking sex in your first phone conversation or text messages usually ONLY want phone sex or sexting. If they wanted to have sex with you they'd set up a meet & go for it.

I am totally 100% not interested in having phone sex w/ some dude I have never met. I am not interested in sexting with some guy I don't know while I'm at work. It's all boring and a waste of time and energy.

OP...your instincts were right. Don't you worry about it. If he wants to talk dirty to someone he doesn't know he should pay for it.
 That_girl*
Msg: 77
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 7:01:52 PM
Just because a guy is interested in sleeping with you doesnt mean he isnt interested in a relationship also.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i dont know why this crap gets thrown around because 90% of the time when a guy messages a woman or approaches her in person an the first words are wanna fuk or have some fun or dam how big are they or any other lame O line some can think of to throw out..i can promise you the guy isnt thinking dam i want her to be my wife or girlfriend 1 day i would love to introduce her to my friends an family...
 PretzelLogic101
Msg: 78
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:38:36 PM
poor guy just wanted some action. You are such a prude! If you like him what's the big deal?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 79
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:41:09 PM
^^^ It's tough to tell whether or not you like someone when one of their first questions is "How big are your ta-ta's?"

I do hope you were joking...
 PretzelLogic101
Msg: 80
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/27/2012 8:44:09 PM
At least u know they like you :D
 jmark4
Msg: 81
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:29:53 AM
at your age you should know the score. It's all about sex and you need to move on or just realize what it is.
 SC67
Msg: 82
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:08:46 AM

At least u know they like you :D

like you? No...I don't think they "like you" when they do that. I think they think you're naive enough to let yourself get caught up. Maybe they think you're sexy, but most likely you're just available. I'll go so far as to say these men don't like you AT ALL & treat the women they do like much differently. (note I said "these men" & did not say ALL men)
 russell5417
Msg: 84
Am I a prude
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:40:56 PM
No, you are not a prude. Sounds like he is a cheap *astard that is looking for free phone sex.

Probably never been married, lives with his mom, and was wanking while talking to you.
 PretzelLogic101
Msg: 87
Am I a prude
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:51:19 AM
How would you know they treat woman they like differently? every man has a different way of showing they like someone so just because it's not the way you like being shown that your liked doesn't mean they don't like you. In fact they do like you. they like you physically and they are open about it that's what separates them from the other guys who don't do this. Some say it, some don't but in the end they all wanna get their **** on. CHEERS!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 88
Am I a prude
Posted: 3/1/2012 6:38:57 AM
No your not being prudish, dont let anyone make you feel uncomfortable.
 marisia
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Am I a prude
Posted: 3/1/2012 6:59:47 AM
I used to get a lot of this and now have a little paragraph on my saying if you are into threesome foresomes or wish to have sex talk with a stranger this really is not my thing and I am not for you...

Suddenly my inmail became much less.... and I have less men without manners to deal with...
good luck..
 missflowery7
Msg: 90
Am I a prude
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:25:53 AM
I agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best wods ever!
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 91
Am I a prude
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:44:15 AM
What man or woman for that matter isnt on some level looking for sex?

Funny thing is I don't have to look for sex. IT FINDS ME. So you are kind of mistaken on that.

OP YOU arent being a prude.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >